Why All The Halo Hate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OspreyDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OspreyDawn
Member since 2008 • 283 Posts
You know since the release of Halo 3 there's been quite a bit of condemning against Halo 3. But what I don't get is why? I mean to me the campaign was merde, but the theatre and screenshots and the multiplayer is still fun and enjoyable, but that doesn't mean the whole series needs to be hated on. IMO Halo: CE is the greatest FPS out there combining a great story and atmosphere with fast paced action. So why the hate? Sure not every game is for everyone, but I don't get why people need to hate on it.
IMonKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IMonKI
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
I like all the Halo games. Just I can't play Halo 3 multiplayer for more than like 2 or 3 hours. Its a little much for me. Heck I still do Halo 1 LAN games with my roomates or play over XB Connect.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
I'm guessing it's because it's not as intense as Bioshock or CoD. It doesn't make it a bad game, I just think that people's expectations were set too high. I personally enjoyed the games
TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 TheCaveRat
Member since 2006 • 3672 Posts

I hate the single player, the multiplayer, however, isn't too bad. I don't play it much anymore, maybe once every few weeks. The reason I don't really like it too much, is because I played games like the Time Splitters series, which is my fav, and those were a lot more fast paced, there was a lot better game types, a lot more weapons, and a lot of characters to play as.

The single player doesn't appeal to me because it's like the same thing throughout, i mean, the biggest variety is fighting grunts and brutes or fighting the flood. I mean, even Time Splitters 2 had stealth and stuff I could do. And Time Splitterrs had something MORE than just a campaign, the arcade mode, which was awesome.

But I think basically the real reason I don't like it is that the campaign doesnt have much variety, there isn't much different ways to go about things.

Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
In my opinion, and again this is my opinion.
It's slower pace then most other FPS, large clunky slow guy, along with the lack of sprint make for sub par action.The fact that the single player story is very lack luster.
Generic basic FPS online games don't give much reason to play the game when you can play it with better options on other games.
Only reason I play it really is because I bought it, and want some of the gamer score it owes me :\
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
Most of the time is just people joining the ones that already hated for personal reasons just so they can be cool and with what looks like the majority on gaming forums. Also people think the media has hyped Halo as the greatest series of games/FPS ever yet its mostly our fault (aka the gamers) for falling into hype and creating some ourselves. At least that's how I see the whole "Halo is the worst series of games ever" comment.
kramer0024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 kramer0024
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts
what hate? Im obsessed with halo 3 myself! Of course i kinna missed out on halo 1 and 2.

But i love halo 3!
fox-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fox-21
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
i like halo 3 a lot and how can you say its slow and clunky? have fun being slow and clunky but im going to go ride a mongoose or drive a warthog around the map killing everyone. how can you not like that?
leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts
All the Halo hate comes from the PS3 fanboys trying to make it out as a bad game.
xanisk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 xanisk89
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts

Im obsessed with halo 3! But I never played halo 1 or 2 but 3 is great!

Is the kind of thing that I hear a lot and I dunno it's all anyone ever talks about....I don't care what headshot you got with a BR and no I don't want to see it in instant replay over and over. It was good when halo 3 came out...I mean everyone was excited but the bar was set too high. In fact a lot of first person shooters really aren't that great...the supposed great shooters like CoD4 is built on old style creation of difficulty (the higher the difficulty the more people pile out of a small shack) and don't even include ragdolls and then there's Bioshock that isn't even really a shooter by any means. It's more of an action/adventure game with shooting tacked on.

I think the best shooter that came out during that time was Crysis. Period....yeah it was the next thing computer nuts want to max out the graphics on but....hey it's a good looking game even on medium detail. I can only imagine how amazing it'd be on full detail. The thing that was nice about it was it had intense moments of huge firefights that you almost feel the rush of air as a bullet wizzes by and the fact I wasn't done with the game after beating it. There's so many ways to tackle the missions especially the earlier levels. Halo 3 I really didn't feel like playing single player again except to see the Scarab blow up but course that got old quick too. Anyways...intense shooter goes to crysis...the first time u have a grenade blow up right above you on the roof of a shack you're standing under and have the screen black out and hear probably the most amazingly realistic explosion and after effects and then realize...holy sh!t roof fell in! Yeah...Crysis is way better.

Edit: main thing is....(if you can't figure out by reading) is that the reason for the halo hate is because there are better shooters out there. Halo is mediocre at best.

Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
yea this game is still great for online play.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

...the reason for the halo hate is because there are better shooters out there. Halo is mediocre at best.

xanisk89

That's a fair statement concerning Halo 3. I'm not sure if you meant to indict Halo 3 there or the entire series. When Halo: Combat Evolved came out, it was positively ground-breaking. I'd be interested to see a gamer come up with anything better that was released in 2001.

waheeb2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waheeb2020
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

All the Halo hate comes from the PS3 fanboys trying to make it out as a bad game.leperphiliac

what are you talking about ?

MasterChief150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 MasterChief150
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
I think that the story could have been better but the FPS system was great to me and the graphics awesome!;)
OspreyDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OspreyDawn
Member since 2008 • 283 Posts
[QUOTE="xanisk89"]

...the reason for the halo hate is because there are better shooters out there. Halo is mediocre at best.

Palantas

That's a fair statement concerning Halo 3. I'm not sure if you meant to indict Halo 3 there or the entire series. When Halo: Combat Evolved came out, it was positively ground-breaking. I'd be interested to see a gamer come up with anything better that was released in 2001.

QFT

Avatar image for GhostOfSparta21
GhostOfSparta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 GhostOfSparta21
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts

All the Halo hate comes from the PS3 fanboys trying to make it out as a bad game.leperphiliac

exactly.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
It was underwhelming, i.e. I fell for the hype never having played a previous Halo game.
FB3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 FB3
Member since 2008 • 403 Posts

In my opinion, and again this is my opinion.
It's slower pace then most other FPS, large clunky slow guy, along with the lack of sprint make for sub par action.The fact that the single player story is very lack luster.
Generic basic FPS online games don't give much reason to play the game when you can play it with better options on other games.
Only reason I play it really is because I bought it, and want some of the gamer score it owes me :Alan1187

Completely agree with that.