Who's Getting Rock Band 3, And Why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

I want to know if anyone is getting Rock Band 3. I'm not getting it 'cause it costs too much and some of my friends are already getting it. ($350 Including the String Guitar, Keyboard, and Symbols)

Are you going to get it, and start with Pro Mode?

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

I'm getting the game and keyboard. The previous Rock Band games have been super fun as party games, and I imagine this will be even more so with the keyboard.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

im definetly getting it, it looks like alot of fun. I cant wait to play this game with the guitar that is coming out, its gonna be so much fun. Im definetly gonna need alot of practice though, because im terrible with a guitar.

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

I'm getting the game and keyboard. The previous Rock Band games have been super fun as party games, and I imagine this will be even more so with the keyboard.

JadeNic

This...also for the extra songs on the disk. ***Rant Alert*** Would someone please listen to me though and release some Def Leppard songs on Rockband already!!!

av10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 av10
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

[QUOTE="JadeNic"]

T_0_D

This...also for the extra songs on the disk. ***Rant Alert*** Would someone please listen to me though and release some Def Leppard songs on Rockband already!!!

Theres probably some copyright issues and band members may not want their songs in the game (dont ask me why though).
R0NIIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 R0NIIN
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

I will be getting the new Rock Band 3 only for the new songs and gameplay. That said I'm really not interested in the new guitar that simulates "real" guitars. If I wanted that I would probably take lessons. Here is hoping the game still has the ability to use the original five buttons.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

I just want that Keyboard. I want it so badly... I can't really play the keys... I also want to pick up a drum kit.

Aerthel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aerthel
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

I am. RB is the best party game IMO, and the Keyboard controller will add a new twist to those parties, no doubt.

Also RB 2 has the most awesome setlist a music game ever had, so i'm importing all the songs to RB3 as soon as a I get the game.

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
I don't plan on getting it because I don't need that stupid guitar they just came up with. I already play real guitar so wtf do I need to use that for? I play the **** out of Guitar Hero though.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#10 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
No, because I like Guitar Hero better.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
No because I don't have my 360 anymore. :P
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
I don't plan on getting it because I don't need that stupid guitar they just came up with. I already play real guitar so wtf do I need to use that for? I play the **** out of Guitar Hero though.JuggaloRandall
Wow you're so cool... And you don't HAVE to play with the new real guitar. It's still going to be just like the other rock band games where you can play with the five colored buttons as well
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
No. I decided to go with Guitar Hero this year over Rock Band purely because I prefer the setlist in Warriors of Rock.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
No. To me the party nature of RB is pretty dead. You invite people over and suggest it and they aren't really interested - the added complexity of RB3 won't fix that at all. I might add some life to my single player experience though.

So it comes down to new songs maybe? nah, most of the songs are old songs that have been killed over the years from over listening. Sure once or twice would be nice but not for a huge career mode RB throws at you... I hate having to repeat the same songs over and over in career mode just because they were on the pack-in disc.

So RB3 really comes down to the features it offers me personally, but until it comes out and I can ask specifically if certain features are in it then it will remain a no buy for me.
nyxdarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nyxdarkness
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Personally, I plan on getting it just for the Pro Mode feature... Cost is a problem, but still probably better than lessons. Also, the set list for RB3 seems to be pretty good, and i wouldn't mind learning some more about playing guitar, as I'm a pretty mediocre guitar player... I'm also sick of people "air guitar hero/ air rock banding"and bragging cause they can play a song "on expert"... as a guitar player, no matter how bad I am, i still wanna see them try to play anything on a guitar.