Who is still getting Halo Reach after playing that beta?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

I just wanna know if people still getting the game. I didnt play the beta because i didnt have ODST so i want to know is it worth getting it. I also hear this is the last Halo game in the Halo series, is that true?

Magstroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Magstroyer
Member since 2010 • 785 Posts
Yes, ordered my Legendary edition, and yes supposedly it is the last game.
Marinus11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Marinus11
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

Halo reach disappointed me. I'm not going to get it.

o0MrCheesy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 o0MrCheesy0o
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

I just wanna know if people still getting the game. I didnt play the beta because i didnt have ODST so i want to know is it worth getting it. I also hear this is the last Halo game in the Halo series, is that true?

MGamer333

Yes, I'm currently saving up some money to buy the legendary edition. And no, this will certainly not be the last Halo game. People seem to misunderstand when Bungie said this will be their last Halo game. The keyword there is their. This is Bungie's last Halo game. Not THE last Halo game. Microsoft has given 343 industries the task of making and dealing with all things Halo after Reach. So, yes, there will be new Halo games, just not from Bungie. And just because it's not from Bungie doesn't mean it will suck. I have faith that 343 industries will make some awesome Halo games, as former Bungie employees are working there :]

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I stopped playing Halo a long time ago cuz I stopped liking it. Reach has made me like Halo again but still don't like halo 3 much. It is pretty much how Halo should have been all this time.

ryokea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ryokea
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="MGamer333"]

o0MrCheesy0o

Yes, I'm currently saving up some money to buy the legendary edition. And no, this will certainly not be the last Halo game. People seem to misunderstand when Bungie said this will be their last Halo game. The keyword there is their. This is Bungie's last Halo game. Not THE last Halo game. Microsoft has given 343 industries the task of making and dealing with all things Halo after Reach. So, yes, there will be new Halo games, just not from Bungie. And just because it's not from Bungie doesn't mean it will suck. I have faith that 343 industries will make some awesome Halo games, as former Bungie employees are working there :]

This guy is correct, 343 Industries was founded specifically to handle all things Halo and not just Waypoint. Once Bungie finishes Reach, they want to go do something else for awhile and take a break from Halo. I can't blame them really, the Halo series has been the only thing they've been developing for nearly ten years.
o0MrCheesy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 o0MrCheesy0o
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

[QUOTE="o0MrCheesy0o"]

[QUOTE="MGamer333"]

ryokea

This guy is correct, 343 Industries was founded specifically to handle all things Halo and not just Waypoint. Once Bungie finishes Reach, they want to go do something else for awhile and take a break from Halo. I can't blame them really, the Halo series has been the only thing they've been developing for nearly ten years.

Bungie isn't taking a 'break' from the series. They are full out dropping it, leaving it to 343 once Reach is finished.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yes, ordered my Legendary edition, and yes supposedly it is the last game.Magstroyer

It has never been said it's the last game

It's the last game made by Bungie, the series is going to keep on going

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I'm still a little on the fence as to whether or not I pick up Reach. I thought the Beta was great, but I did get tired of playing the same couple of maps over and over again. I imagine it will probably end up being a day one purchase for me.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

I'm still a little on the fence as to whether or not I pick up Reach. I thought the Beta was great, but I did get tired of playing the same couple of maps over and over again. I imagine it will probably end up being a day one purchase for me.

MCDogDoo
There was only a couple of maps because it was the beta.... btw I'm getting Reach on launch day.
Tomoto1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tomoto1989
Member since 2005 • 290 Posts

Ill deffinately be waiting in line on launch day. I loved it. It didnt quit feel the same but i think thats what halo needed.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I preordered it a month before the beta.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I might get it cheap... might. :P
MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

[QUOTE="MCDogDoo"]

nate_c-12

There was only a couple of maps because it was the beta.... btw I'm getting Reach on launch day.

I know

Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

I am. Although i'm still deciding on whether to get Limited or Legendary.

Avatar image for The_Mad_Fiddler
The_Mad_Fiddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Mad_Fiddler
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts
Reach was great. I'm a little more hardcore when it comes to my shooter so I wasn't a big fan of the new game types, but the arena system, the lobby and matchmaking options are all awesome. Sure there are some balancing issues, but let's take a look at how well Bungie took care of Halo 3, and I think we see we wont have a problem with the devs paying attention to continual balance. I'm excited.
madgaurd1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 madgaurd1989
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Of course, already pre-ordered the legendary edition.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
Nope... As much as I love the Halo universe Halo this gen isn't impressive. Reach would have been impressive... If released back in '07. As a 2010 product like all Halo's after part 2 its just behind the times in gameplay and graphics. Also sprinting should have been an instituted game mechanic long ago, its in no way a "special ability"...
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

I will but I didnt play the beta.

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
As a die hard Halo fan, you know I'll be getting it. I had a lot of fun with the Beta, even though I got tired of playing the same 2 maps over and over, and I can't wait when the game is release. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

I might rent it.....might

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#23 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Hell yeah, I'm getting it.

I also hear this is the last Halo game in the Halo series, is that true?

MGamer333

It's the last one developed by Bungie.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Damn right I am. Going to the midnight launch with friends, getting some brew and play some online all night and day.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Of course I'll be getting it.
RedHound5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RedHound5
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

Yes. There should be no doubt in your mind after seeing that E3 demo

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

I might get the Legendary edition but right now it is to early to pre-order.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#28 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts

From what I know is that this will be the last one, and I love Halo as much as the next person but they really need to move on.As far as getting the game after the demo, im really not sure.The beta was great and having new things such as the armor abilities and new gametypes, there really wasnt much different from ODST or Halo 3.We will have to see in September.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Why woudlnt you?