Who here doesn't use Xbox Live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xbox360_4_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xbox360_4_Me
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
I'm just wondering if anybody here is like me, and doesn't use it. To be honest, gaming is my hobby, it's what I do when theres nothing on tv, I stick on my xbox and get lost in a game, no matter what the reviews etc, I just enjoy it in my own way, I couldn't care less what anybody else says, and I certainly don't want to be connecting to other people around the world in order to 'enjoy' a game, It's either sit down with a mate and have a game of something on 2 player, or play it on my own. I never have or will need to be playing with/against anonymous people with big mouths from around the world in order to enjoy a game. Never ever ever.
SonicLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SonicLucas
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

I use it, dude gaming is a hobby for half the people here and they have xbox-live, try it.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts
Well that's good for you I guess. I respect your opinion but when the single player starts to wear thin and you got no one to play with then multiplayer is a nice asset.
Interframe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Interframe
Member since 2008 • 185 Posts
I currently don't have XBL but will be setting up/subscribing next month. I just got my 360 over the hoildays last year.
iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts
Yea, I don't feel like I would get my money's worth for live, I only play a couple of times a week, and I'm a big RPG fan, so I don't have live. And if I want to play some multiplayer on Halo or something, I invite a bunch of friends over, and we play system link.
SDOT55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 SDOT55
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts

I'm just wondering if anybody here is like me, and doesn't use it. To be honest, gaming is my hobby, it's what I do when theres nothing on tv, I stick on my xbox and get lost in a game, no matter what the reviews etc, I just enjoy it in my own way, I couldn't care less what anybody else says, and I certainly don't want to be connecting to other people around the world in order to 'enjoy' a game, It's either sit down with a mate and have a game of something on 2 player, or play it on my own. I never have or will need to be playing with/against anonymous people with big mouths from around the world in order to enjoy a game. Never ever ever.Xbox360_4_Me

Well I respect your opinion or whatever, but you will be missing out on a lot of fun. To me, the thing that makes Xbox 360 the best is its online. It is so fun. I'm guessing your a big RPG fan because those are the only type of games that are fun without XBL, aside from a a couple of other games. Have fun man.

SDOT55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 SDOT55
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts

Live is good as it is a way to find people to play games with that aren't your real friends. Why wait for one of them to buy another copy of the game you have, when there are thousands of others who have it and want to play online.

I was put off by the cost at first, but once you realise how little it is per month, you just kinda ignore it.

Avenger1324

Exactly. By the way, nice Metal Slug avatar.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

My siblings plays online all the time, so they get their moneys worth. So sometimes I feel I'm not getting my moneys worth, because just like others, I like RPG games, and games like Mass Effect doesn't have online, so I feel that my gold subscription just goes to waste.

I purchased games like Super Street Fighter 2 and Puzzle Fighter with online modes, but I hardly pay it online.

Sometimes I do wish Xbox Live was free, but it is a great service, you get what you pay for. Oh well.

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
I must be a real sucker because I have one account for me and one for my 3year old (since he was 2) ! I almost only play on live. ON games like COD4 and Halo3 I have not even finnished the campain because I rather play a few quick games on line.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
bad people who should be punished
animefreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 animefreeze
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts
To be honest, Ive been more of a single player kind of guy, that is with the esception of WoW. But I don;t use XBL to play multiplayer anymore because it just gets to the point where I literally get bored as hell. Halo3 is just so boring after abput 20 mins of playing, and Cod4 is only entertaining for about an hour or so. But after that I just get bored of it. Not to mention the millions of idiotic teenage kids and freakishly wierd people that start saying all kinds of stupid stuff on XBL.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
you really should try it out, you don't have to hear their voices, there are options for that stuff.
Lorindol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lorindol
Member since 2004 • 2589 Posts
I only use live to download content and Live Arcade games....it is super rare that I play multiplayer online.
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stedtfeld
Member since 2008 • 1506 Posts
You get the best out of some of the games like halo 3 since the campaign is kind of short so i say that you should get live
Avatar image for GameMasterCraig
GameMasterCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GameMasterCraig
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts
I'm getting Live this month. YEAH.
fifty56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fifty56
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts

I'm just wondering if anybody here is like me, and doesn't use it. To be honest, gaming is my hobby, it's what I do when theres nothing on tv, I stick on my xbox and get lost in a game, no matter what the reviews etc, I just enjoy it in my own way, I couldn't care less what anybody else says, and I certainly don't want to be connecting to other people around the world in order to 'enjoy' a game, It's either sit down with a mate and have a game of something on 2 player, or play it on my own. I never have or will need to be playing with/against anonymous people with big mouths from around the world in order to enjoy a game. Never ever ever.Xbox360_4_Me

I used to feel the same way but when I got my 360 it came with a free 1-month trail so I checked it out, and now I'm addicted if I dont have live I feel lost and my gaming experience doesnt feel the same, but thats just me

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Xbox 360 is Xbox 180 without XBL.
sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

What most people fail to realize is that not everyone has that much time to devote to playing (either online or offline). Up until the birth of my son 2 years ago I could pretty much sit down waste several hours on video games. However within the last year and a half I am lucky if I find a hour or two a night where I can play a game. So I tend to have to spend more time trying to finish a single player portin of a game then other might. Some people can buy a game like Halo or COD and blast through the single player portion in several days where it may take me me weeks. Hell I have games that I received for X-mas that I haven't even been able to play yet. I have kept my gold account, but with my subscription expiring in a month I have to seriously consider if it will be beneficial to renew my subscription

Most people assume that when someone metnions they don't have a gold account they get beat on because people think it is because they are too cheap to spend the money. The truth is in some cases like myself and others it is that we only have a limited amount of time that can be spent gaming and we would rather spend it playing the single player portion of a game rather than playing a deathmatch, etc online.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

What most people fail to realize is that not everyone has that much time to devote to playing (either online or offline). Up until the birth of my son 2 years ago I could pretty much sit down waste several hours on video games. However within the last year and a half I am lucky if I find a hour or two a night where I can play a game. So I tend to have to spend more time trying to finish a single player portin of a game then other might. Some people can buy a game like Halo or COD and blast through the single player portion in several days where it may take me me weeks. Hell I have games that I received for X-mas that I haven't even been able to play yet. I have kept my gold account, but with my subscription expiring in a month I have to seriously consider if it will be beneficial to renew my subscription

Most people assume that when someone metnions they don't have a gold account they get beat on because people think it is because they are too cheap to spend the money. The truth is in some cases like myself and others it is that we only have a limited amount of time that can be spent gaming and we would rather spend it playing the single player portion of a game rather than playing a deathmatch, etc online.

MattRushmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MattRushmore
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
After I got xbl, my xbox360 turned into my COD4box. It adds a whole new level of fun.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I don't know why people say live is so expensive its about four dollars a month...
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
Well, all I play on my 360 now is Team Fortress 2, so I kind of need Live.
WhiteDesert89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WhiteDesert89
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
I rarely use it because I have Dial-up. Every now and again I take my 360 to a mates place (who has broadband) and use the 1 month trials I get with some of my games. I'm starting to drift onto playing RPG's as more shooters get short campaigns.
WhiteDesert89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WhiteDesert89
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
I rarely use it because I have Dial-up. Every now and again I take my 360 to a mates place (who has broadband) and use the 1 month trials I get with some of my games. I'm starting to drift into playing RPG's as more shooters get short campaigns.
cokessweet7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 cokessweet7777
Member since 2006 • 1989 Posts

If I wasn't going to play online I would have gotten a Ps3.

Ps3 has more features, a built in blu-ray player, etc etc.

The thing that makes Xbox 360 5x better than the Ps3 is XBL.

CoD4 = decent without live

CoD4 = AMAZING on XBL

Same with Halo, Gears, and half the other games out there

Xbox and the Ps3 are pretty much the same thing if it weren't for XBL

Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts
I rarely go on anymore, because I'm always put in games with kids who whine and/or curse. I don't mind it, but it gets really annoying, very fast.
iwantasong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iwantasong
Member since 2008 • 243 Posts
I dont get it cuz it cost to much.:(
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
i don't have gold anymore why i use the internet up alot and i have a 15gb plan.
animefreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 animefreeze
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts

[QUOTE="animefreeze"]To be honest, Ive been more of a single player kind of guy, that is with the esception of WoW. But I don;t use XBL to play multiplayer anymore because it just gets to the point where I literally get bored as hell. Halo3 is just so boring after abput 20 mins of playing, and Cod4 is only entertaining for about an hour or so. But after that I just get bored of it. Not to mention the millions of idiotic teenage kids and freakishly wierd people that start saying all kinds of stupid stuff on XBL.mute9dude

This is biggest load of biased garbage without any backup I have ever seen. Don't ever post on this site again without some legitimate points. I am perfectly fine with people who only like single-player but these are just stupid reasons. There are plenty of nice people on XBL and you mute anyone who pisses you off or annoys you. I'm sure of the millions of XBL users out there you can fine ONE that meets your ridiculously lofty and stupid standards.

Well sorry If I find having to mute atleast 2 people in every single match tiresome. I mean I could just mute everyone and end of story, but I do like having to be able to comminicate with my teamates to win. And what the hell do you mean by "legitmate points" this whole thread is all about OPINION, and last I checked your post is all just your opinion too, not fact...

xFuryx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 xFuryx
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
I'm not much of an XBL player, although I'll probably get on Live a few more times with the GTA4 multiplayer.