which has more replay value: mass effect or assassins creed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
i already have mass effect and imo it has probably as much replay value as oblivion even though the game world is smaller. how is assassins creed? i just want to know what i didnt buy, but i dont feel like buying assassins creed.
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

it depends on your taste

i don't like rpg because for me they tend to get confusing like in mass effect i don't know what i'm doing half the time

i like assassin's creed and im already on my second play through and it still seems fresh to me not to mention i havn't even collected all of the flags and killed all the templers i have put at least 2o hours on that game( and on my second run through i'm on my second assassination btw)

strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

Mass effect buy a mile.

When you finish the game you can restart harder levels with all your techs/biotics/spectre weapons/lv's intact.

Playing as different classes means you'll have to use new strategies every level you play because you won't be able to fall back on basic strategy.

Taking out different teams with you each time with different team members adds multiple dynamics to the storyline.

Assassins Creed is more eye candy than anything else. I finished once and have no real desire to play it again. Then again I was playing it on my ps3 which crashes about once an hour, which took away from the enjoyment. I just thought the game was kinda shallow and basic to the point where they just put lame stuff in like flag hunts etc.

Avatar image for Paint-It-Black7
Paint-It-Black7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Paint-It-Black7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I personally think that Mass Effect has the most replay value. Although i have not finished it yet, i have played all the way through Assassin's Creed and found myself say that was cool, but i don't feel like playing it ever again, the missions are too repetive. Mass Effect has much more variety and overall is much more fun to play, at least imo
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

Personally I would have said mass effect had 0 replay value due to all the boring conversations you have to go through in between the action. I couldn't face doing it again but I'm part of the tiny minority that didn't like the game much at all. All that running round and dialogue did my nut in.

Assassins creed is great on first play through but as you are effectively repeating the same formula 9 times with no variety - there's not many who would rush back to do it all again.

So out of the 2 I would have to say Mass Effect as you can change your character class (and it's been getting rave reviews from everyone apart from me).

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

Personally I would have said mass effect had 0 replay value due to all the boring conversations you have to go through in between the action. I couldn't face doing it again but I'm part of the tiny minority that didn't like the game much at all. All that running round and dialogue did my nut in.

Assassins creed is great on first play through but as you are effectively repeating the same formula 9 times with no variety - there's not many who would rush back to do it all again.

So out of the 2 I would have to say Mass Effect as you can change your character class (and it's been getting rave reviews from everyone apart from me).

RocKtheCasbaH

youll know just what to do second time around, that might keep things moving along. :)

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Mass Effect by far, the decicion making does that you won't see everything the first time trough though you will see alot
jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jrobinow
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts
I just started Assassin's Creed and while I really like it I cannot see any replay value whatsoever.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Mass Effect... the only reason I'll throw AC in again is to collect the flags.
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts
Mass Effect has more replay value and options.
Avatar image for Gebrechlichkeit
Gebrechlichkeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gebrechlichkeit
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts
Mass Effect has a lot more replay value.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I'll throw my two reviews at you and let you decide for yourself. Mass EffectAssassin's Creed Short answer? Mass Effect has much more replay value.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I beat AC and started ME a few days ago, both are great fun, ME seems to have more replay value, but the first AC runthrough is mroe fun. I'm going to have to see just how different ME will be second time through, as a renegade or different class. Also make my guy ass ugly next time around.

jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
Assassin's Creed doesn't have replay value unless you consider finding 420 flags and 60 templar knights "fun."
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

i got both games for xmas and i have barely played through ME, but so far it looks as though i could play it several times.

AC i am about half way done with the assasinations and so far i have played at least 12 hours worth of gameplay. Everyone says AC is way short, which is true if all you do is run through the game and only do you main quest. That is true with everygame...if you really wanted to beat oblivion you could do so in 12-15 hours but who wants to do that. AC is the same way..I also have not even come close to finding all the flags or doing everything....AC will keep me hooked for at least 40 hours if not more, and i will probably play through it again bc it is so fun...you can do everything the sneaky way and good way the first time, but the next time im going to go around killing everyone..

I think both will last me a long time..ME will probably be like oblivion where i played for 80-100 hours and AC 40-60 hours

Scottie21390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Scottie21390
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts
Mass Effect. Assassins Creed is a good game but it has little replay value in my mind because there is to much repetition with missions, but it was still reallygood the first time through.
outovalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 outovalo
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts
Both Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect are about as much fun as grating your own skin, the pain is equal too, though the games' mainly cause emotional pain and do not reward you with seeing your own blood, unless your eyes suddenly start bleeding when the only thing you're seeing is blood. Mass Effect might have more replay value, I'm on my second run trough and plan on finishing it in less than 10 hours with exploding bullets and stuff.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I would say Mass Effect. Assassins Creed is boring. All you do is the same thing over and over, the only thing that changes is the person that you have to Assassinate big deal..

Mass effect has different classes so the way you play the game will be different on each time.

Avatar image for urdailybeatdown
urdailybeatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 urdailybeatdown
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts

seriously i dont know why but i really do not like either game that much. I played through all of Mass Effect but the dialouge is just too much and the action kind of lame, but the story is amazing ido think that the dialouge contributes to the stories depth. I dont know i started assassans creed and i am on the 3rd assassanation and its kind of boring.

Id pick Mass Effect from the both of them.

chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
i already have mass effect and imo it has probably as much replay value as oblivion even though the game world is smaller. how is assassins creed? i just want to know what i didnt buy, but i dont feel like buying assassins creed.Xeros606
no doubt mass effect i have played thru twice and am on my 3rd playthrulooking forward to my 4th 5th etc. creed is a renter unless you like looking for 400 flags it has absolutely no replay value