Which FPS is better, BF:BC or CoD:WaW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Light_SHock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Light_SHock
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

And by better, I mean more enjoyable...fun, which one can I spend more time with online? That's really about 80% of the reason about for FPS's, Single Player has little to do with my purchase decisions :\

Anyway, a little background...I bought CoD4 back in April as the first game for my 360 and had TONS of fun with it..put about 200 hours into it before I got bored of prestiging then I went and got Halo 3 & played that...then Gears of War2. I'm looking for another fun game online and the logical choice seems to be CoD:WaW, since I enjoyed CoD4..but I've heard mixed things about this game, and played the BF:BC demo and it was actually pretty fun :) Torn between the two, so I'd like some advice :D

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Thats hard to say.....

COD WAW is closely growing on me, but Battlefield BC is very good and underrated imo.

The online is a little better on Battlefield and the singleplayer is slightly better on COD WAW imo.

Both games are 8.5-9/10 imo.

Cant go wrong with either games online to.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Battlefield Bad Company, if you have played COD4 then you arent getting anything new online except worse weapons.
Light_SHock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Light_SHock
Hmm, online is better in BF:BC you say? :\ How many games modes/maps does it have? And does it still have an active community? If I can convince my friend to get BF:BC with me I'd definitely get that, but if he ends up going with CoD:WaW then I can't leave him alone :\
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

Battlefield has an excellent online community. A lot of mature gamers, and you don't have many whiny little kids online unlike in CoD4, and this is a little ironic since CoD4 is rated M and BF: BC rated T, yet Battlefield has the better community.

Battlefield: Bad Company has two game modes, Conquest and Gold Rush. Gold Rush is simple, you have attackers and defenders. There are multiple stages in one map, for example, the attackers will destroy the first set of gold crates, but then they'll move onto new ones, except on the same map. It's a real epic feeling and requires actual strategy.Conquest is classic Battlfield. There are multiple points on the map your team must capture, and with each capture point you get more points, similar to domination in CoD4.

I'm not sure about the actual number of maps, but it's an excellent and varied selection. Also, Battlefield is class based, and there are no custom classes, but there are unlockables for each class.

If you get Battlefield though, you must go to the Battlefield game marketplace, and from there you can download four new maps and the conquest mode.I'd recommend BF: BC at this point. I loved CoD4 don't get me wrong. Level 55 10th prestige (think what you want of me, I don't care.) Plus, I believed Treyarch actually did pretty well on CoD: WaW, but I just like Battlefield a little more.

Also, I agree with you, I ONLY buy FPS's for their online multiplayer, single player games are only good for RPG's in my opinion.

If you want, send me a game invite for either game, if you don't it's fine. My game is Logan1616, just like here on gamespot.

Good Luck in your decision

Logan1616 (

centruroides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 centruroides
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts
i have battlefield and is pretty good, on CoD brand...CoD4 is the good one
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
both very good games but i like Cod waw better.
s_bowers_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 s_bowers_15
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
Personally I would have to say COD: WaW. I didn't care much for Battlefield: Bad Company. It got boring quick for me.
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
i prefer WaW much more. was quite dissapointed in battlefield bad company.. played modern combat for ages, and thought BC would be great. but it just felt broken to me, and i didn't enjoy it much. i think battlefield 2 is actually better.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
World at War. Bad Company is fun but World at War is amazing. GOTY 08
Plo_Koon_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Plo_Koon_basic
Member since 2003 • 801 Posts
i played WaW last night for a while and man is it really bad.... Battlefield Bad Company is the better of the two.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
The actual shooting is better in COD, but overall I think Bad Company is better.
brokenfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 brokenfetus
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts
Battlefield: Bad Company is way better. I can't stand halo, and CoD and GoW online, but for some reason I love BF:BC
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
CoD:WaW
switchfooted06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 switchfooted06
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

I say rent both. The online in Battlefield is alot more strategic and organized. You definitely have to work as a group to succeed. Whereas even in the CTF and Search and Destroy gametypes in COD:WaW you can manage even if you don't play as a team. If you're looking for more of a run & gun team deathmatch sort of game with quick respawns and not alot of consequences for dying, WaW is a good one. For me, I prefer modern shooters to historical ones just for the weapons. Also, in COD4 i liked the headshot challenges that gave you new camo skins for your guns, which they don't do in WaW. All you get for headshot challenges is experience.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
COD:W@W plays exactly like COD4 soo it might get boring if you got bored with COD4. BF BC might be something refreshing.
Kaos39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Kaos39
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
Both are great games, Bad Company is so underrated. WAW plays very similar to COD4, which isn't a bad thing, but not a whole lot different. So if your looking for more of a different expierence get BC. I like WAW's singleplayer more then BC's but that has a enjoyable one to.
Sub-ZeroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Sub-ZeroJoe
Member since 2007 • 377 Posts
This is a tough one ebecause Both are average games. CoD WaW is garbage compared to CoD4 and BF:BC is not my type of game online. I would go with BF:BC becasue WaW was one of the worst investments i've ever made on a game. The game is terrible online.
sm0k3dinYAfac5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sm0k3dinYAfac5
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts
bad company... the physics and everyhitng are more realistic and everyting.. its just an over all great came.. i do love COD tho
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
Bad Company is underrated, once you play it online you're hooked. Nothing against COD 4 or WAW but I got bored pretty quick with them both but never did get bored with BC.
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#21 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts
Bad Company is better in every way.
fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fryshakewad
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts
Battlefield BC is better IMO
fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fryshakewad

This is a tough one ebecause Both are average games. CoD WaW is garbage compared to CoD4 and BF:BC is not my type of game online. I would go with BF:BC becasue WaW was one of the worst investments i've ever made on a game. The game is terrible online.Sub-ZeroJoe

Have you ever seen these things called reviews. They are clearly both great ranked games not Avrage Wtf r u smoking and can i buy some?

Light_SHock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Light_SHock

Is the stuff on the Marketplace that you guys told me to download free, btw?

Also, in COD4 i liked the headshot challenges that gave you new camo skins for your guns, which they don't do in WaW. All you get for headshot challenges is experience.switchfooted06

What? No more camo? That's seriosuly lame :(

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts

[QUOTE="Sub-ZeroJoe"]This is a tough one ebecause Both are average games. CoD WaW is garbage compared to CoD4 and BF:BC is not my type of game online. I would go with BF:BC becasue WaW was one of the worst investments i've ever made on a game. The game is terrible online.fryshakewad

Have you ever seen these things called reviews. They are clearly both great ranked games not Avrage Wtf r u smoking and can i buy some?

Have you ever heard of things called "opinions"?
fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fryshakewad
^----- uhhhh yea. What point are you trying to make? Or do you think they are both "average" games too?
sm0k3dinYAfac5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sm0k3dinYAfac5
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

i love bad company. it is freaking amazing. like you have to get this one. it is fun. it is a game you can play for hours. and days and so on. it has a really really fun online system too. it is amazing

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#28 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Its wierd, i hated the Battlefield BC demo and beta, but ive enjoyed the full version a heck of alot since it came out. Its very team oriented and once you get use to the guns, maps and gameplay, its alot of fun, very underrated game imo.

Wouldnt hurt to get both these games imo.

Light_SHock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Light_SHock

Its wierd, i hated the Battlefield BC demo and beta, but ive enjoyed the full version a heck of alot since it came out. Its very team oriented and once you get use to the guns, maps and gameplay, its alot of fun, very underrated game imo.

Wouldnt hurt to get both these games imo.

kozzy1234
Hah, I would love to but I simply don't have the time :( Christmas break is over, and I have to go back to school starting tomorrow. If I get both that would just be overkill xD