Which Console bundle should I get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for logicallizard07
logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By logicallizard07
Member since 2015 • 325 Posts

Howdy,

I have been a long time Halo / Gears fan but this gen I decided to jump in with a ps4 to see what it was like. Needless to say I miss some of my Xbox franchise's. I am going to purchase a bundle within the next week and I have my eye on the Halo 5 Bundle. I was curious if what was offered in the Elite bundle would be a better choice? What are yalls opinions on all the bundles currently available and which do you think is the best one to get?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

It all comes down to whether you want the Elite controller or not... if it's something you'd want/like, then I would get the Elite bundle. It works out to be pretty good value buying the bundle, instead of the controller separately.

If not, the Halo console is pretty sexy (but you're paying a premium for it obviously).

logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 logicallizard07

@hrt_rulz01 It's not so much the controller in the Elite Bundle I am interested in as it is the SSD in it. I have read it speeds things up a good bit, but I was hoping for some info from someone who has actually used it in here. The controller does seem neat though with all the customization

unreal223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 unreal223
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

I have the sunset overdrive bundle, but now you can get the white console in a gears of war bundle too. To be honest I'm a little envious of the halo console even though I'm not a huge halo fan. Its just a cool looking console. If all you want are games though then I would probably just get the cheapest console you can find and then use what you save on games.

If you want the halo bundle amazon has it with Assassins creed syndicate, forza horizon 2 for 499. Pretty good deal in my opinion.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-500GB-Console-Ultimate-Bundle/dp/B0118GJKIW/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1453611848&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox+one

Or just the regular gears bundle for 300:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-500GB-Console-Ultimate-Bundle/dp/B0118GJKIW/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1453611848&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox+one

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01

@logicallizard07: The HDD in the Elite is a hybrid drive, not a full blown SSD... so you won't see massive improvements in loading times with games. The main improvement you'll see is console boot up time.

So I wouldn't get the Elite if it's just for the HD. You'd be better off buying a cheaper model and buying an external HD (I have a 7200 rpm drive and definitely get improved loading times).

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

You dont deserve an Xbox you traitor.

:P

NeoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NeoPrime
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Whatever you get, make sure you get a 1TB console. The 500GB one fills up real fast. Apart from that there's no real difference between any of the consoles, there's some minor aesthetic changes here and there but overall the only major difference is hard drive space.

I have a 1TB PS4 and i dont play games on it as often as my XB1 and i wish i had all that extra space my PS4 has.

logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 logicallizard07

@NeoPrime Yea, definitely getting a 1TB bundle. My PS4 is only a 500gb and it filled up pretty fast.

After looking some more at the Elite Controller and everything you can customize on it, I think that is the bundle I am leaning towards right now.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

if you want your old Halo games on xbox one and bring back some of the lovely memories of classic Halo , I think you should get Halo : The Masterchief Collection Bundle . if not , then get the Halo 5 bundle .

logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 logicallizard07

@kingcrimson24 Is the online multiplayer still pretty populated on The Master Chief Collection? It would be cool to do some old Halo 2 Multiplayer.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01

@neoprime said:

Whatever you get, make sure you get a 1TB console. The 500GB one fills up real fast. Apart from that there's no real difference between any of the consoles, there's some minor aesthetic changes here and there but overall the only major difference is hard drive space.

I have a 1TB PS4 and i dont play games on it as often as my XB1 and i wish i had all that extra space my PS4 has.

Just buy an external HD and plug it in... so easy. It's one of the best features XB1 has over PS4.

NeoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NeoPrime

@hrt_rulz01:

Yeah because external HDD's are free, its that easy.

These things cost money and i have not had the funds to upgrade to an external HDD. However the second i do i will, but if the choice is between a brand new game ive been looking forward to or a new HDD, im gonna choose the game every time as i can always delete something to make space.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@neoprime said:

@hrt_rulz01:

Yeah because external HDD's are free, its that easy.

These things cost money and i have not had the funds to upgrade to an external HDD. However the second i do i will, but if the choice is between a brand new game ive been looking forward to or a new HDD, im gonna choose the game every time as i can always delete something to make space.

Fair enough, just making a suggestion :)

If it were me however, I'd sacrifice a game to buy the external HD so I wouldn't have to worry about deleting games to make room every time. But that's me.

NeoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NeoPrime

@logicallizard07: Sort of, the main issue is just the game's general matchmaking, upon release it was notorious for being one of the buggiest games ever released, and it took many months and constant patches just to get it kind of working.

Its gone down in history as one of the worst launches ever, and to this day its still not 100% functional, and that really hurt the population.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

@logicallizard07: the MP had a lot of problems at launch . they had four games , each running on their own original engine , into one matchmaking system . the patches fixed it tho , but even now matchmaking is a bit buggy . but if it works well , playing classic Halo 2 MP is just fantastic . maybe it's just because I have so much childhood memories with Halo 2 , but when I played the first match I actually had tears of joy on my face . custom games works just fine and campaigns are worth playing one more time . specially Co Op .

logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 logicallizard07

Well guys thanks for all the info. I have decided I am going to pick up the Halo 5 Guardians LE Bundle and grab MCC and probably both the Tomb Raider games. Going to have some good times.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@logicallizard07 said:

Well guys thanks for all the info. I have decided I am going to pick up the Halo 5 Guardians LE Bundle and grab MCC and probably both the Tomb Raider games. Going to have some good times.

You won't be disappointed :)