Which 360 system should I buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fartmixer26
Member since 2008 • 830 Posts
i don't own a 360 but i play a lot at my friends house, probably more than he does and i really want to get one. which one should i get?
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

the Pro edition. there is no need for the elite as you will never use the 120 gig harddrive. if you want music on your xbox, just network your pc to it and stream your music through your xbox. i've had my pro for 2 years now and only have 10 gigs used. that's with about 12 xbox live arcade games. just delete videos and game demos that you download when you are finished with them.

Sakura321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sakura321
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

Premium.

Nothing in the Elite that makes it a worthwhile purchase. Unless HDMI graphics mean the world to you.

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jpstill85

Premium.

Nothing in the Elite that makes it a worthwhile purchase. Unless HDMI graphics mean the world to you.

Sakura321

the new pro package comes stock with HDMI

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts

I'm gonna assume you don't have a top of the line 1080p hdtv. Get the pro/premium console and welcome to the premier next-gen gaming community on the premier next-gen system. Games you might want to consider:

Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4, Army of Two, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Odyssey (if you like japanese rpgs) to name a few

fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fartmixer26
which is best for online gaming? are they all the same? also, should i get a wireless adaptor to play using wi-fi, i kinda like wi-fi better
fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fartmixer26

I'm gonna assume you don't have a top of the line 1080p hdtv. Get the pro/premium console and welcome to the premier next-gen gaming community on the premier next-gen system. Games you might want to consider:

Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4, Army of Two, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Odyssey (if you like japanese rpgs) to name a few

shadow8585

your right, i don't and all those games will be purchased, plus Gears 2 and Orange Box

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jpstill85

which is best for online gaming? are they all the same? also, should i get a wireless adaptor to play using wi-fi, i kinda like wi-fi betterfartmixer26

They're all the same when it comes to online play. As far as wireless goes, I have my laptop and wireless router in the same room as my entertainment center. I just have my xbox hardwired into the router and my laptop connected wirelessly. There's no need to get the wireless adapter unless you just don't have a router in the same room.

Sakura321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sakura321
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

which is best for online gaming? are they all the same? also, should i get a wireless adaptor to play using wi-fi, i kinda like wi-fi betterfartmixer26

They're all the same for online gaming. If your having a bad experience then it's just your connection.

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow8585"]

fartmixer26

your right, i don't and all those games will be purchased, plus Gears 2 and Orange Box

Theres no difference. They all come with a free month of Xbox live though. If you can hook your Xbox up to your router with the ethernet cable it comes with it'll save you a good $90. Otherwise you'll want to buy this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4196272

fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fartmixer26

[QUOTE="fartmixer26"]which is best for online gaming? are they all the same? also, should i get a wireless adaptor to play using wi-fi, i kinda like wi-fi betterSakura321

They're all the same for online gaming. If your having a bad experience then it's just your connection.

just want to know which connects better cuz my room is pretty far from my router (don't have a phone jack or anything in my room to have internet) guess i'll go with wired though to save money and get a game instead

Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Mikee3
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

get the pro, you need an HDD (20 gig is more than enough) to enjoy Downloaded content, and stuff for your games. Also dont go with wifi, the adapter is 100$ first off, and second wired connection is faster than wifi. the pro comes with the cable, just plug it into the router and off you go.

fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fartmixer26
[QUOTE="fartmixer26"][QUOTE="Sakura321"]

[QUOTE="fartmixer26"]which is best for online gaming? are they all the same? also, should i get a wireless adaptor to play using wi-fi, i kinda like wi-fi betterBoNeS77713

just want to know which connects better cuz my room is pretty far from my router (don't have a phone jack or anything in my room to have internet) guess i'll go with wired though to save money and get a game instead

You could always just buy a wi-fi adapter made for the original Xbox. It works and it's much cheaper.

never heard that before sounds good though

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
premium
castillomike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 castillomike
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
the pro theres no use 4 the elite unless ur gona like download alot of music and stuff and the arcade suks becasue i doesnt have enough memeory
fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fartmixer26

the pro theres no use 4 the elite unless ur gona like download alot of music and stuff and the arcade suks becasue i doesnt have enough memeorycastillomike

yeah i was not even considering the arcade one. i don't even like the box it comes in. looks lame. well, i think i'll get a pro