When you you decide to buy a game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Richboy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Richboy96
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

When ever i get money i go on Ebgames.ca and see what games i could afford then im off to EBgames i hardly every buy games when they launch like i got just Fable 2 for $20 it is the best game i have ever played.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I either get my games at launch and save 10-15 dollars plus extras or I wait for them to go on sale (usually around the holidays)

A perfect example is Mass Effect 2, if you preorder (getting it the day it comes out) it's 56 then you get 10 dollars back then you get special content for preordering.

There's so many incentives for buying games at launch these days that if you wait you'll be waiting a long time

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

I thought the same about Fable 2 until I realized how small the world was and how few weapons and sidequests there were after you beat the game. Most games I buy are a year old, 360 titles drop in price a lot faster than the other system's games for some reason.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

When ever i get money i go on Ebgames.ca and see what games i could afford then im off to EBgames i hardly every buy games when they launch like i got just Fable 2 for $20 it is the best game i have ever played.

Richboy96

Have you played the original Fable? I much preferred it over 2, & can still find it cheap in some stores. I buy games usually after watching gameplay videos, previews & reading gamespot & user reviews. If it's really good & I like the genre, I might buy it first day or shortly after its release. Same goes if I really enjoyed a game that is about to release a sequal - Gears 2, Halo 2 & 3, Mass Effect 2 (preordered) have all been bought first day. If a game looks decent but I'm not sure I may buy it down the line when it's cheaper.

Then there are games that fly under the radar for me that I don't know about for awhile, but pretty cheap down the line & love. Lost Odyssey is one.I just bough Tales of Vesperia & Eternal Sonata also, but haven't played them yet. Hoping their good, Eternal Sonata was $20 (AUS) so I can't go wrong there, but Tales was $100 (AUS) but I tried the demo which was fun & really liked the characters just from the small time I tried it. The artstyle was awesome also & combat was new to me after only having played turn based jRPGs. I payed full price mainly because it's also really hard to find around here.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I either get my games at launch and save 10-15 dollars plus extras or I wait for them to go on sale (usually around the holidays)

A perfect example is Mass Effect 2, if you preorder (getting it the day it comes out) it's 56 then you get 10 dollars back then you get special content for preordering.

There's so many incentives for buying games at launch these days that if you wait you'll be waiting a long time

Jaysonguy

Agreed. It sometimes pays to get games right away. I'd much rather pay 50-55 bucks for a game on Amazon on release and get all the pre-order bonuses and promo credits then wait months and months to get the game alone for 25-30 bucks.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

Richboy96

if fable 2 is the best game u ever play u had to play like 3 games in ur whole life

Maxmus050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maxmus050
Member since 2009 • 1248 Posts

[QUOTE="Richboy96"]

x8VXU6

if fable 2 is the best game u ever play u had to play like 3 games in ur whole life

everybody has his opinon mate if he just liked fable 2 that much it can be that it is his favorite game.

councelor12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 councelor12
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

[QUOTE="x8VXU6"]

[QUOTE="Richboy96"]

Maxmus050

everybody has his opinon mate if he just liked fable 2 that much it can be that it is his favorite game.

i mean, i'm sure SOMEBODY liked gigli. there are also people who thought star wars: episodes 1-3 were amazing. different strokes for different folks. it's unfortunate that everyone has to dis other people's opinions. you can disagree, but don't imply that he's wrong. there is no wrong.

that being said, i buy games when i want them. if it looks really good, i'll get it at launch. if not, i'll wait until it's cheap. it all evens out in the end. plus, i'm an achievement wh0re, so if there are multiplayer achievements, i try to get it early so there are more people playing and i have a better chance at the achievements. meaningless, i know, but i'm one of those people.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
I don't buy many games so when I do it's either on launch day or in that week of release.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
I scoop MP games day 1. MW2 is a great example there was no way I was gonna be late to the party. But since I'm poor (Seriously I had to sell all my games just to get MW2) I have to wait till I can afford it. My first purchase of 2010 will be an '09 game I missed out on... Uncharted2. Next will be a toss up of Lost Planet 2 and Red Dead Redemption.
pcktlnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 pcktlnt
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

Being broke and having no disposible income, I just pick up games as cheap as possible. Do I wait a year or two for a game to drop in price? Sure, but I have a few dozen or so games to play through in the mean time. Picked up Too Human, Infinite Undiscovery. and Lost Odyssey for $26.40 (or something close to that) but I need to finish off Ratchet, Uncharted 2, Dragon's Age, Bioshock, and a few others.

I guess I could save money and not buy the cheaper games, but I cannot seem to justify purchasing a game at 55ish (Amazon) when I could pick up 3-5 games that I would play at the same price.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

About once a year, I'll buy a game the day it comes out. This year's game will be Mass Effect 2. For everything else, I wait until it gets cheap or borrow it from a friend. I do not have to pay $60 every month to have the latest thing when I still own a dozen games I haven't beat.

Richboy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Richboy96
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

[QUOTE="Richboy96"]

x8VXU6

Nope look up my gamertag...I played almost all the A rated xbox 360 games
Ryan_as

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ryan_as
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts
I usually either buy a game the first day when it comes out or if all my friends want to get a game together and the online options are good, we'll buy it together whenever. Like Assassins Creed II or MW2, I got those the day they came out and pre-ordered Bioshock 2, the big release games are the ones worth pre-ordering :)
IziThiM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IziThiM
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts
"When I compare Games with Friends"
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

About once a year, I'll buy a game the day it comes out. This year's game will be Mass Effect 2. For everything else, I wait until it gets cheap or borrow it from a friend. I do not have to pay $60 every month to have the latest thing when I still own a dozen games I haven't beat.

Palantas
Agreed. The only difference is that this year ill be buying 2 games at launch, Conviction and Reach.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts

Richboy96
You need to broaden your horizons if Fable 2 is the best game you've played.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

I hate waiting for price drops because most the time they take forever so usually I just buy whatever interests me in the first week or so of release.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

Palantas
I like your logic man. The last game I bought was Dragon Age. I need to get through that among the other games that I have in my back catalog before I get a new one.