What's your GOTY on the Xbox One?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Well the year is almost over and just about every big release except for Just Cause 3 has come out, and I was wondering what my fellow Xbox gamers thought was the GOTY on the Xbox One.

For me it would be Tomb Raider ahead of Forza 6, and that's just from the games I've played.

Any thoughts?

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Not sure myself. Destiny with all the add ons has gone down to 27 pounds. On the other hand, and form what I have heard, Fallout 4 maybe quite enjoyable for me. Lara Croft is interesting me though. Played one of those years ago, but I did play Just Cause on the PC. Think that will be a christmas present for me. Out in a couple days right?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

These are my top 3 picks Xbox One games for GOTY:

1. Rare Replay
  2. Halo 5
  3. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

My number one pick is: Rare Replay. Rare Replay was by far my most played Xbox One game I enjoy the most, 30 games+$30 dollars=great value in itself. Despite I have Witcher 3 on PC, I also got it on Xbox One just so I can do a review on both console and PC, Witcher 3 held it's own well on an Xbox One console. Halo 5, it's okay just not that good as I hope for. Rare Replay wins my Xbox One GOTY.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@transk53 said:

Not sure myself. Destiny with all the add ons has gone down to 27 pounds. On the other hand, and form what I have heard, Fallout 4 maybe quite enjoyable for me. Lara Croft is interesting me though. Played one of those years ago, but I did play Just Cause on the PC. Think that will be a christmas present for me. Out in a couple days right?

Yeah it comes out on the 2nd of Dec, well it does in my country. I like the JC games, but for me it would have to be amazing to beat out TR.

@davillain- said:

These are my top 3 picks Xbox One games for GOTY:

1. Rare Replay
  2. Halo 5
  3. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

My number one pick is: Rare Replay. Rare Replay was by far my most played Xbox One game I enjoy the most, 30 games+$30 dollars=great value in itself. Despite I have Witcher 3 on PC, I also got it on Xbox One just so I can do a review on both console and PC, Witcher 3 held it's own well on an Xbox One console. Halo 5, it's okay just not that good as I hope for. Rare Replay wins my Xbox One GOTY.

I'm getting my son an XB1 for Christmas with Rare Replay coming with it. I might pinch it off of him when he's in bed, because as a massive Sega fan when growing up I never played much Nintendo consoles. So it will be interesting to say the least.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@i_p_daily: Rare Replay is really great, your Son will love it. The only thing I'm kinda letdown is the fact that Rare Replay is missing out on all of those Nintendo games they did such as Donkey Kong, Star Fox: Adventure and Diddy Kong Racing is making it feel like an incomplete collection. I grew up with both Sega and Nintendo, I love them both but Nintendo does have a lot of great games, I gave my Daughter her first Nintendo console Gamecube and I gave her a Wii U last year. Wii U is also good to start in my opinion.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Overall, my GOTY is Witcher 3.

Out of Xbone exclusives, has to be Rise of the Tomb Raider, followed by Forza 6.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I guess Rare Replay as my Xbone is only for exclusives and that title stands out as the top played game for 2015 on my Xbone.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Fallout 4.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#9 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Halo 5

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@i_p_daily: Yeah Tomb Raider if we're doing the "exclusive" thing. It is the best game that cant be played on PC, WiiU, PS at the moment. I love my halo 5 but Rise was stronger. As for any game available on the console that would be the Witcher 3 for me. It sweeps for my GOTY.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@cainetao11 said:

@i_p_daily: Yeah Tomb Raider if we're doing the "exclusive" thing. It is the best game that cant be played on PC, WiiU, PS at the moment. I love my halo 5 but Rise was stronger. As for any game available on the console that would be the Witcher 3 for me. It sweeps for my GOTY.

I wasn't referring to exclusives as such, it's just from the games I've played. It's good to see other Xbox gamers enjoyed the game, as it deserves the high praise it got and as many sales it can get.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Halo 5

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#13 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I would say Witcher 3 . right now I just Started Fallout 4 ( on PC tho ) and it so far it just sounds like there is a great advanture ahead of me in fallout .
I haven't played Rise of the tomb raider .
Halo 5's campaign was not so good . MP is great but Req points and the way people unlock armors without skill and with money is ruining it . so I would not say halo 5 . on the other hand Forza Motorsport 6 was an amazing game . I would say its the PERFECT racing game for me .

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#14 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I'm thorn between Witcher 3 and fallout 4, both Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5 were solid games this year, let's see how Just Cause 3 turns out.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Halo 5 thus far but I'll play Rise of the TR, FM6 and Gear UE in a few weeks, we shall see.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Fallout 4 or Rise of The Tomb Raider

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Still have not finished Tomb Raider and it is great so far....overall for me I would say Halo 5, I'm really enjoying the online and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

I very much enjoyed the campaign as well, but I finished the game only once coop so I'm not yet ready to judge it compared to past campaigns, for now I just feel it is somewhere in the middle....I want to play it solo at one point and listen to all the in game chatter, explore more, etc.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#18  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

elite dangerous.

especially with horizons coming to xbox next year.

then halo 5 and third is smite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@oflow said:

elite dangerous.

especially with horizons coming to xbox next year.

then halo 5 and third is smite.

Interesting choices, well the first and third one. Good to see some Xbox gamers choosing games other than the norm. I once thought of downloading Smite, but I'm not sure if I will like it, maybe in the new year.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@i_p_daily: if you like pvp games Smite is definitely worth it. I'm not big on LoL or DoTA but I love the third person fighting in Smite. RTS and arena combat games are my favorite genres and Smite is extremely polished.

I choose Elite as #1 because I feel its surprisingly polished for a pc port and I'm just addicted to it. I'm old enough to have played the original Elite heavily on C64 so its partially nostalgia, partially my love for space games and partially the beauty of the game itself.

Lots of people never really 'get' Elite. These are the people that say it has no content and is just the same thing over and over. I was like that when I first played it on PC at launch. When I had my injury and was off from work and actually had time to dedicate to learning it, I found out so much more about it and I still learn stuff every day. Once I got to the point where I learned how to make $4-5 million an hour it really opened the game up for me. I'm saving up for my Anaconda now. Its not perfect and is definitely a work in progress, but I like where they are going with it. Sure Star Citizen looks to be a more overall impressive game, but E:D is actually doing the things that Sc is just talking about right now. E:D will have planetary landings and multicrew ships at the 2.0 release.

The Xbox community in the game is pretty great and really participant in the community events etc. Thats where the real meat of the game is. They are ramping up to introduce new alien contact in the game with Horizons from all the hints they've dropped in the game and community events. First time I've actually been excited for events in an MMO in a long time. I think the thing I like the most about the game is that player actions in the game actually have an effect of the overall game itself in a long run sense.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@oflow: Love Smite, played it a lot a few months ago, Bellona is my favorite right now. Which character do you use the most?

Only thing I would say about Smite is that it can be daunting for new players, you have to be careful not to "feed" the other team too much(don't die too much basically). I recommend newcomers do the trainings and play vs the cpu at first until you get a good feel for the game, then you can venture onto PVP. I also recommend you watch some of the great Youtube tutorials they have on the official Youtube channel.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#22 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider

2. Forza Motorsport 6

3. The Witcher 3

4. Fallout 4

5. Mortal Kombat X

Biggest disappointments: Halo 5: Guardians and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Icebud1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Icebud1
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Despite the bugs here and there, which I always expect when Bethesda makes a major release, Fallout 4 is amazing. The world is pretty diverse, the combat is awesome, and building settlements and crafting are fun all by themselves. FO4 is my personal GOTY.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Gamer46 said:

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider

2. Forza Motorsport 6

3. The Witcher 3

4. Fallout 4

5. Mortal Kombat X

Biggest disappointments: Halo 5: Guardians and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

You have the same as me for number 1 & 2, but as I'm playing Just Cause 3 atm, that would be my number 3

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#25 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Rise of the Tomb Raider is my GOTY, when considering all consoles, not just Xbox.