Whats with Charge and Play packs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

Hey all,

A lot of you guys are using the charge and play packs which not only cost more, but has problems at times and is just annoying with the wire's and stuff. Ive never used one but I know exactly how it works and all of the problems it has, because my friends use them.

Personally i think its a little stupid, I use Chargable batteries which NEVER have problems and literally last for weeks, even if you play non stop. I don't need to have a stupid wire attatched to the controller, Never have problems, never gets stuckk in the actual bloody controller (someone made a thread of their charge and play kit getting stuck in their controller) and it just overall lasts for so long. Ive been using the same 2 rechargable batteries in my controller for just over 3 weeks, Ive played for several hours a day within that period and It hasn't cut out on me once. I can tell in a few more days it will need to charge, because batteries dont last forever. But all I need to do is put the batteries on the little charging dock over night and it should be fully charged by morning and your good for the next few weeks.

You guys should try out this method, its simple, reliable and last MUCH longer for those hardcore gamers who don't like changing the batteries every day.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

I got that Nyko(sp?) charging stand that handles two controllers and doesn't require plugging in. Works great so far. If it dies, it was cheap and have plenty of rechargeable AA's.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I bought the plug and play kit and have no problems so far, good rechargeable batteries cost nearly as much as the kit and I find I can just plug in the usb cable to charge, much easier than having to worry about charging batteries over night. If the controller is almost flat, I just plug it in and continue to play.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Hmm decisions decisions I wanted to buy the Play and Charge kit but now you've brought up a good point. I think rechargeable batteries would be the trick for me especially if they last as long as you say they do.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think I might buy the plug and charge kit.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

With the plug and play kit, when done playing I just plug it in and turn off my console. That way I always have a fully charged battery pack, never need to plug it in to play.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#7 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

I never have any wire problems since I just swap out controllers that each have their own pack. I sit too far for the wire to reach anyway, though I do have a USB extension cord if I needed to.

nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 nascar1
Member since 2005 • 2763 Posts

the only problem I've had with plug & play is I was playing nfs:r with a heat level of 10 and $125k...just before I was about to reach a hideout the controller stops working...BUSTED! <grrrrr>

my controller needed to be charged but this wasn't a plug & play fault...it was mine & the xbox 1 system as it doesn't inform you when your battery is low and there's not an option to check?

so until MS add a viewable batt. charge indicator or something, I plug it in periodically!

use what you can or prefer...I like the p & p

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Why would you be trying to take out the charge and play kit?