Whats better? Gears2 or Halo3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DARKESTxNME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DARKESTxNME
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts
I go for halo3, but gears2 is good dont get me wrong but multiplayer matchmaking system and the online server connection is just plain horrible! it just ruines the game in my perspective.......
ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts
There are many factors that play into this argument. The first being what time of game you prefer; First Person Shooter or Third Person Shooter. For the moment, Gears 2 would be my favorite of the two. I haven't been able to play lately since I'm waiting for the return of my console from MS. I think both are great games though. I am a huge Halo and Gears fanboy. I think that Halo 3 will have the better lasting power out of the two though. Bungie supports the hell out of their games. So we will be seeing more maps, and possible more expansions depending on how well Halo 3: ODST does before Halo 4 (whatever their next major game will be) comes out.
cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts
this is just another pointless halo/gears fanboy thread, theres one on any page and you should have just looked at one of them instead of making another
Avatar image for BigHunkinMonkey
BigHunkinMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BigHunkinMonkey
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Gears 2 is easily better, and I agree this thread is pointless
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba32555a6c71
deactivated-5ba32555a6c71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5ba32555a6c71
Member since 2005 • 325 Posts

what do you like better apple or bananas?

I personally like Gears better then Halo but i think the Gears 2 competitive is a step down from gears 1. I am in love with horde mode at the moment though

crazy1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazy1942
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
i prefer gears2.
s_bowers_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 s_bowers_15
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
It doesn't matter. They are two totally different games to me. But if I absolutely had to choose, I would pick Gears 2. Halo 3 is taken too seriously. Everyone plays it like its life or death and that ruins the experience for me.
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
single player: gears 2 multiplayer: halo 3
letsgetit3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 letsgetit3
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
When will people understand that u cant compare a FPS to a 3rd person shooter. They're not the same in any way,shape , or form. One is strictly sci-fi, run nd' gun shooter while gow2 is a strategic, cover/shoot shooter. trying to say which one is better is foolish. it all depends in what kind of shooter your into. it could be a run nd gun sci-fi shooter like halo3, or a very realistic cover system shooter like gow2. u cant even compare halo3 to cod:waw because they're not in the same genre. although u could make a case that halo3 and cod5 are similar in that u can run and shoot everything without any sense. Im not trying to bad-mouth any of these games as i love them all but u juss cant compare 2 games juss because they're successful
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

The multiplayer for Gears 2 has been fixed so can we please stop talking about how it's broken when it's not anymore? I didn't even have that much trouble getting into games before the patch. It was probably just a small problem that everyone blew out of proportion like usual.

But I'd pick Gears over Halo any day. Gears has a story that I can understand and one that is interesting, it has the better characters, the better gameplay, and the better multiplayer. But that's all just my own personal opinion.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Why in the world are we comparing Halo 3 with Gears 2? They came out a year after each other. Here's a better one Halo 2 and Gears 3! Why are we even comparing games? To see which to buy? Came out a year after each other. This thread will be filled with flaming and fanboys more than likely.
Enman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Enman1
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

single player: gears 2 multiplayer: halo 3R_MAHIL

True that

Haeravon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Haeravon
Member since 2004 • 764 Posts
Gears 2. Halo 3 was fun and all, but playing it again after Gears 2 just reminds me how dated the run-'n-gun, jump and circle strafe days were.
TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheRaven17
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

I'm a banana fan myself, both in actual bananas and banana flavor. I recognize that the apple probably is healthier but it's also harder to eat. I actually had a banana smoothie for lunch today, so I guess you could call me a banana fanboy.

P.S. I like Halo 3 better.

superhodge360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 superhodge360
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
fallout 3 :-p
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#16 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts
I hate third person shooters, and I dislike how slow the action is in Gears. So Halo 3 is much better.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
this is just another pointless halo/gears fanboy thread, theres one on any page and you should have just looked at one of them instead of making anothercthecoffee
He is right. Regardless, I am going to comment and express my personal opinion that Halo 3 is the better game. Gears has a superior singleplayer experience and Horde mode adds a lot to the game's level replayability, but it simply can't compete with that of Halo's multiplayer.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
according to iign's videocomparisonhalo 3 because of its overall longevity of the game but as someone already stated it depends on your style of game if you want run n gun go halo but if you want brutality and tactics go Gears