What would you honestly get out of Facebook on Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts
I mean you use an Xbox 360 primarily for gaming, and other video content like Netflix. Since practically anyone wealthy enough to have an Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE has a computer with internet access, what would you do with a Facebook feature out of the Xbox dashboard? IMO Facebook apps for your Xbox LIVE career is enough. Can't wait for last.fm radio though.
LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

Your friends could know what games you're playing at the moment? You could chat with your facebook friends while playing xbox live? I really don't know what features there are for the 360 facebook app.

Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Your friends that you don't rally have on facebook can poke fun at you for being a loser and playing your nerdy video games. Now go sit in a corner with none of the firends you dont have and play xbox!!!lol
PuddinPant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 PuddinPant
Member since 2005 • 1607 Posts
why do so many people have their panties in a wad about this??? They're putting facebook on the 360, ADDING another feature that's kinda cool. Will it take away from your "video gaming experience"? :(
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

It will add a new way to keep up with your friend's status and updates, and plus it will notify your friends that have an Xbox 360 that you are online playing, so they may jump into the fun as well! Honestly, how will it take away your gaming experience?

FDs-Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FDs-Nemesis
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

I think the most useful features that it could have are Facebook/Xbox LIVE chat, Facebook viewable leaderboards, and Linking your account so your friends will be able to friend request you on xbox from facebook. Dont really needit though..

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

Really? Who cares? Why are we complaining about a service that is mostly likley going to be free?

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I'm interested in how they implement it. I'm hoping it's more than just a way to access Facebook on the 360. I'd like to see some deeper integration.

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NicAgent
I'm not saying or asking what this feature will take from us, but what it will do for us. I mean yes its free but why would XBL developers go through the work to implement it?
sasdx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sasdx
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts
Social network sites get used alot. What if I wanna tell 300+ people i have all vidmasters achievments with a push of a button.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

I'm not saying or asking what this feature will take from us, but what it will do for us. I mean yes its free but why would XBL developers go through the work to implement it?NicAgent

I don't know. Usually when you go on Facebook, ure typing. Typing on Xbox = Pain in the ass.

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NicAgent
That's what I'm a bit unsure about: how much of Facebook are we going to be able to use on Xbox 360? Unless you have a USB keyboard you won't be able to do much with it... I would think you'd just see your NewsFeed highlights scrolled across much like the displays on NXE.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

it's simply just there to attract the casual crowd.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#15 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
Its for nerds who would enjoy posting about their achievements between friends on facebook. I can see how a certain demographic could make use of it, and it definitely isnt hard to make available on the 360, so why not right?
Solarburn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solarburn24
Member since 2004 • 1643 Posts

Facebook in general equals useless.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

maybe when you get an achievement, you'll be able to instantly post in on FB (as an option) like you can post achievements in so many FB application games (i.e Bejewelled Blitz, etc...)

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

Facebook in general equals useless.

Solarburn24

That is if you dont have friends... I have many friends and schoolmates that i wouldnt know existed anymore if it wasnt for facebook!

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I wouldn't use it, because I don't use Facebook.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
It doesn't bother me that much. It's a new feature which I'm sure will make some people happy. To me, it'll be just another useless feature.
poordude1089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 poordude1089
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts
the past few years everyone's trying to create some tool that combines all your existing tools into one mega-tool. xbox is trying to be a console, multimedia device, and now a social experience. an interesting idea, but i can't see it catching on too much.
Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

I'm more looking forward to the twitter app rather than the FB app.

Kaos39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kaos39
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
Whats wrong with adding some cool new features, it's not taking away anything from you. It's there to use it if you want to, or not.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

It's simply another selling point for the Xbox 360. Like someone else stated, it wants to be the all-in-one machine.

Personally, I won't be using it, but it's still an interersting idea.

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

i personally like the feature. my wife likes to use the PC while i am on the xbox, so this just gets rid of the heartache of having to steal the PC when I want to look at my facebook stuff.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Microsoft Boss : Dem kids be likin Facebook yo. Xbox 360 Dev : Yeah its kinda cool. Microsoft Boss : Gonna buy it lol, take some attention off dem failure rates yo. Xbox 360 Dev : That isnt really what people care about though how about maybe some bigger branching into the Euro or Asian market? Microsoft Boss : Hey, dey got dat in Europe and Asia to yall. Or something across those lines.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I would just check it once or twice and possibly update once or twice.

deadpool757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deadpool757
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

why do so many people have their panties in a wad about this??? They're putting facebook on the 360, ADDING another feature that's kinda cool. Will it take away from your "video gaming experience"? :(PuddinPant
i agree, Microsoft is going for a "360" entertainment for the 360, not only games, movies, now they are adding Music ( LAST FM) and Social Networking ( Facebook). It will do well.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

It's true that no one should be bad-mouthing this new feature ... because seriously, just don't use it.

I know for me, I'll just carry on like it was never made (that includes Twitter, too).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac9265b442af
deactivated-5ac9265b442af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5ac9265b442af
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

I mean you use an Xbox 360 primarily for gaming, and other video content like Netflix. Since practically anyone wealthy enough to have an Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE has a computer with internet access, what would you do with a Facebook feature out of the Xbox dashboard? IMO Facebook apps for your Xbox LIVE career is enough. Can't wait for last.fm radio though.NicAgent

Facebook on xbox live would be geared towards connecting gamers even mopre than they are. Gamertags are shallow whereas the facebook pages have a lot of depth and people could interact more fluidly. Or its just a plan by microsoft to introduce facebook addicts to video games. Either way I won't be using it. I think facebook is stupid.

GTboozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GTboozer
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

I don't care about facebook or twitter. I'm sure it will broaden the audience a little for xbox, and it might make some of my facebook friends aware that I'm on Live, but I'm not going to be on it much. facebook isn't a place where I usually talk about my gaming much, so maybe a few will frind request me after the update, but who knows. I'm more excited about last.fm.

The biggest thing I'm worried about is the dashboard slowing down even more than it already is. I don't know how they are going to add more stuff and not slow it down, but that already frustrates me.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
cuz im addicted to it and will never have to choose between facebook or gaming again
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
Social network sites get used alot. What if I wanna tell 300+ people i have all vidmasters achievments with a push of a button.sasdx
You could get on your computer and push a button........... not really seeing the advantage of facebook on the 360 unless other people in your family are on your pc all the time or your pc is like 3 blocks from your house (because if it is up the stairs it really isn't hard to push a button and walk away..... you could probably do it during a loading screen). I see the usefulness of facebook on a console as much as a web browser on a console. Its about as useful as breaking my hands and letting me type... I will type but it would just be slower, just like anything with a console. But then again my tv and 360 are literally in arms reach from where my pc is, but even when it wasn't i thought this crap was useless. But hey some people will like it and it is a new part of the service that i'm paying for. It would be nice to get something i would consider using as a new part of the service i'm paying for, but what can you do... Microsoft want money and having facebook and twitter just help them out. Now when the time comes to PSN being as good as Xbox Live they can boast how it has Facebook and thats why the price is $50. I would honestly rather see Microsoft work less on Xbox Live and lower the price. Xbox Live as it is right now is a very good system and i don't know if these new apps are making it better or just cluttering it with things it doesn't truly need (if they put out the app to order from Pizza Hut on 360, just like the iphone has i will probably stop paying.....). Its my opinion, but again if you want or like the facebook or twitter app then good. Use it and get your money's worth. I won't be using it, but that doesn't mean anything.
Jeff_Boldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jeff_Boldt
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts

well you see, the people who only use their 360 to play games are stuck in the early 90's of gaming. Systems like the 360 and ps3 are not game specific consoles, they've become media centers, my 360 is used constantly to stream movies and television from my computer, i use MSN on my 360 (the chatpad is a glorious invention, and it's only $30), i play games, download movies and shows, keep up with game related news, i stream music from my computer, have music saved on the hard drive, hell if I could make pancakes with my 360 i'd do that too.

I didn't spend $350 to buy a box that only collects dust until i plug an $80 disc into it. right now it seems that only 3 sites (and torrents) draw me all the way to the computer, with facebook available on xbox, that's down to 2 sites and torrents.

I'd rather have a browser though, seriously.

Louis-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Louis-D
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Whats wrong with adding some cool new features, it's not taking away anything from you. It's there to use it if you want to, or not.Kaos39

Exactly. Obviously Microsoft have realised the popularity of both Facebook and Twitter, and implemented both on to the 360. You can say the same about every other feature on the 360 (from avatars to messenger).

HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HipYoungster42
Member since 2009 • 1892 Posts

It's not gonna' affect your gamin' experience, so don't get your panties in a bunch.:P

JK mods ('bout the panties part)

SickBoy724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SickBoy724
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts

I'd rather not. It seems creepy. Remember kids, don't creep it real.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I'd probably check in on my Mafia Wars account every now and then.. not really much else I'd do..
Kumsweat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kumsweat
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Xbox 360 can stream video from Netflix. Now you can acces Facebook. So why doesnt it have a Web brower yet?

Xyonblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xyonblade
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

I dont have a facebook account, so this doesnt effect me, its kinda cool though, good for the people who want to use it. I am still waiting for the web browser, even the wii has one.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
I might not even use it much but its free so why complain?
Carnifex726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Carnifex726
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts

I'm not gonna use it

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I'll become the coolest kid in school with this app! Everyone will know what I'm playing! w00t