What would you do if Microsoft...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

...decides to charge achievement points for demos instead of just downloading it quickly. (i.e Achieve 5,000 and get Splinter Cell Conviction Demo or 50gp for older demos, so on and so for). Almost as if they were throwing in a challenge to force you to play (x) amount of games to earn (x) amount of points to be eligible to download a demo. Would this idea irritate you or do you feel it's a good clever way to get gamers to game again.

Your thoughts.

iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts
Oh, I get what your doing here, let me try. What would you do if Microsoft decided to charge achievement points to open the disc tray.
coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts

if they did that then i would have to play my games to completion instead of becoming bored of them after 4 mins. i suspect i would save money this way because i wont waste cash buying so many games.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I wouldnt care, if they dont want to sell games with demos then they will lose money by doing that
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

I wouldnt care, if they dont want to sell games with demos then they will lose money by doing thatraylewisnfl52

They would definatetly lose money because I doubt the average gamer would sit down excessive hours trying to get a demo to a game he might potentially get. Good point.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

if they did that then i would have to play my games to completion instead of becoming bored of them after 4 mins. i suspect i would save money this way because i wont waste cash buying so many games.

coochie_kuta
after 4 minutes? i think you need a new hobby...
coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="coochie_kuta"]

after 4 minutes? i think you need a new hobby...

im more of a collector than a player. kids, life, wife, school, work. no time for play but i got a lil extra cash to burn so i burn it on worthless games. at least my son will inherit a nice collection. hahah
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Oh, I get what your doing here, let me try. What would you do if Microsoft decided to charge achievement points to open the disc tray. iamdanthaman
Or what if they charged Achievement points to turn your console off.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts

coochie_kuta
If you get bored with games that easy than why bother buying them in the first place? :| on topic- I have 32k so I wouldn't mind for awhile
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

I wouldnt ever get a demo.....I do have gamerscore but alot of acheivements on games are impossible to get so it would be hard to get more gamerscore from my current games that I get tired of in like 3 or 4 years....but if its a bad game....1 year

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I wouldn't care, since I don't get demos anyways.

Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tripleseed
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

[QUOTE="iamdanthaman"]Oh, I get what your doing here, let me try. What would you do if Microsoft decided to charge achievement points to open the disc tray. gamer082009

If they did that, would that mean they would add 5,000 GS to your account once your 360 RRODs? ;)

psyko0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psyko0815
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="iamdanthaman"]Oh, I get what your doing here, let me try. What would you do if Microsoft decided to charge achievement points to open the disc tray. Tripleseed

If they did that, would that mean they would add 5,000 GS to your account once your 360 RRODs? ;)

Are you crazy? MS would charge you 5000 GS just to call into their customer service to ask what can be done about the RROD. Pssshh... MS add 5000 GS.... funny.

FullMetalRoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 FullMetalRoze
Member since 2010 • 169 Posts

I dont think it would bother me