what would you do, buy new or send in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

Ok so my xbox 360 pro died :( The video card is messed up and isnt showing anything on my screen etc.

i called M*soft and they said since it wasnt the RROD i had to pay $99 dollars and send it in to get repaired. (my xbox now doesnt have an hdmi port)

so i was thinking, why not just go buy an arcade for $199 and just put my HD on it and be good to go? plus i will get the HDMI port, which is awesome cuz i just got a 46' LCD HDTv :)

Does that sound smart or should i send it in and wait?

thx for the help!

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 spiredcrescent
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
yeah just go ahead and do that. Another reason to get another one is you get one year warranty and its not garunteed if they send you a replacement model, the model is new. Its just a replacement model so you don't really know what your getting. And buying an arcade gives you pac man championship addition, which if you don't already own is awesome
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
I would definitely go with the arcade and get the warranty as opposed to sending in yours and getting a refurb.
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
I ended up buying a new one after the refurb that I bought RROD on me. I must say the new model that I bought is pretty good no problems. I sent in the refurb for repairs & I'm planning on selling it after I get it back.
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
Get a new one, its worth the extra $100 with the accessories that come with it alone not to mention a new warranty, the hdmi, and the fact that its less likely to RRoD then your old if you got it fixed.
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

Ok so my xbox 360 pro died :( The video card is messed up and isnt showing anything on my screen etc.

i called M*soft and they said since it wasnt the RROD i had to pay $99 dollars and send it in to get repaired. (my xbox now doesnt have an hdmi port)

so i was thinking, why not just go buy an arcade for $199 and just put my HD on it and be good to go? plus i will get the HDMI port, which is awesome cuz i just got a 46' LCD HDTv :)

thx for the help!

Fakenamelmao

hehe

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

I would definitely go with the arcade and get the warranty as opposed to sending in yours and getting a refurb.MsCortana

Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
buy a arcade swap it with your broken one, said it was broken and get your money back, you win both ways.
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts
[QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"]

thx for the help!

Heroldp813

hehe

Forget Xboxlive being down for a day, your down for long time my friend

4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
buy a arcade swap it with your broken one, said it was broken and get your money back, you win both ways. Wezker619
They have a serial scanner in the stores so they will know that it is not the xbox that you bought from them.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"]

thx for the help!

Heroldp813

hehe

Forget Xboxlive being down for a day, your down for long time my friend

Why are you quoting yourself? Not getting any attention?

OneLessFinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OneLessFinger
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts

Yeah my Elite that i bought on the day they came to replace my launch pro that wasnt reading discs red ringed yesterday, but it only red ringed like once every 2-3 times i turned the system, but it would freeze on ANY game i played after 5 mins, called MS they said IF they got the red rings when they recieve it theyd fix it for free, but if not then id have to pay 99 bux, so i said screw it and went and bought the arcade system and threw my hard drive and have no problems whatsoever now, but still MS makes me very angry with their repair service........

Anyway yeah id just spend the extra 100 bux get a new system with warranty and cut your losses like me

cgoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cgoliver
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts
I'm with everyone else, because I was just thinking of the same thing. Just buy the Arcade. Bear in mind, though, that if you don't already have an HDMI cable, you'll have to buy one. The Arcade doesn't come with one and those things can get pretty expensive.
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
then switch the cases nubcake.
Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts
if youve got the cash. getting an arcade sounds good.
grgorica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 grgorica
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

thx for the help!

Fakenamelmao

If you end up buying whatever new, get that "insurance plan" or whatever it's called from BestBuy, Circuit City, ... From personal experience, it was the best investment ever. When my Xbox RRODed it took me an hour (including driving to the store and back) to get a brand new one. I was sorta scared that they have a "pool" of refurbs for exchanges like that one, but dude went straight to the shelf and picked up brand new one (just swapped the hdd for my old one). Best thing was that I got newer model with HDMI which my old one didn't have. I think it's around $30 these days for 2 years.

rustedMECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rustedMECH
Member since 2006 • 910 Posts

I would definitely go with the arcade and get the warranty as opposed to sending in yours and getting a refurb.MsCortana

Yeah I think buying a new one will save you in the long run.

burgessjacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 burgessjacob
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts
Just call and tell them it has the RROD. Thats what i did. Mine would start up and run, but it just wouldnt read any of my games. So i called, said i had the RROD, sent mine in and got another one back. I wouldnt waste any money when you can get it done for free this way.
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts

then switch the cases nubcake.Wezker619

Its funny you think it works like that :roll: