What type of achievments do you like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joshllama
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts

I think achievements are a great idea, but there are some that just get on my nerves. For example I absolutely hat Halo's achievements. But i love cod4's. Online achievements just seem unfair (even though i have xbox live ) almost none of my friends do, and they couldn't be more mad.

joshllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 joshllama
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts

that was a *hate not hat sorry.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Online achievements that have either completely dead online or laggy/bad online. Good achievements are just simple ones that aren't hard to get. I enjoy simple you kill this guy or beat this part of the game ones. I don't really care for achievements though.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I hate achievements that make you search for things for hours, example: the flag achievements in AC.

I like the achievements that you get from playing the campaign of a game or ones like in Bioshock for doing research and exploring and stuff like that.

Also the achievements in Oblivion which you get for actually playing the whole game.

danzoid_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danzoid_101
Member since 2005 • 1592 Posts
I like the ones that reward you for doing fun stuff like the Orange Box and I hate MP achievemments because 1 out of 3 matches I used to join in Gears were Achievemnt Matches.
i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
I like achievement you get by completing the story mode
1upMushroomX6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 1upMushroomX6
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
the easy kind
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#8 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Like ones that you dont even try for or even think about till it pops up saying you just achieved it.

Online ones and finding way too many hidden items(Crackdown 500 green ones and 300 hidden) are the worse.

gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I like achievements that aren't impossible to get.

Bioshock, I have to say has the best achievements of any game ive seen. You get achievements for completing the story. You also get it for the research photos, which are very managble. It has a couple hard achievements, but you can get most of them without much frustration.

I also like elder scrolls achievements because you get them all just for finishing the main quest and the seperate guild questlines. It will take a really long time but if you keep playing you will eventually get them all.

I also really hate achievements that are near impossible to get. Examples: 10,000 kills on gears of war? seriously wtf. Also things like flag collecting in Assassin's Creed.

Anyway there are good achievements and bad ones so its just a preference

gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I like achievements that aren't impossible to get.

Bioshock, I have to say has the best achievements of any game ive seen. You get achievements for completing the story. You also get it for the research photos, which are very managble. It has a couple hard achievements, but you can get most of them without much frustration.

I also like elder scrolls achievements because you get them all just for finishing the main quest and the seperate guild questlines. It will take a really long time but if you keep playing you will eventually get them all.

I also really hate achievements that are near impossible to get. Examples: 10,000 kills on gears of war? seriously wtf. Also things like flag collecting in Assassin's Creed.

Anyway there are good achievements and bad ones so its just a preference

CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
My favoite are non-situtional online achievements i.e. getting to certain ranks, kills, etc.
nitroracer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nitroracer82
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
I hate online multiplayer achievements, as I do not play online (I'm a gold member too). I also hate searching for things like flags or completing all side quests as they get annoying easily. I prefer "beat this" and "accomplish this" types of achievements.
dgs163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 dgs163
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
i agree with the crappy halo 3 online achievements! i hated getting them!!! but COD4 where cool! i like the achievements that you get randomly by just playing through the game. like when your playing and that beep sounds and it tells you you got an achievement and your like awesome!!!
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

My number 1 hate is achievements that make you collect things.

Online I like achievements that are achieveable through normal play. Eg on R6V2 you need 100 kills with each weapon and I got those through playing normally. On the other hand the one where you have to rescue both hostages yourself 10 times (I think) is just not doable and so they are virtually forcing you to boost for it.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

I totally agree with everyone that has posted. I don't really care for the online achievements. I don't really like them to be honest. Online gameplay is so unpredictable; the details for achieving such an achievement are extremely difficult. Look at Halo 3's overkill achievement. When in the world are you going to find 4 players in the relative area in lone wolves? Also, Someone without XBox Live cannot obtain these achievements. It's just really unfair to them. What is even more frustrating is to see a game where most of their achievement points require you to go online in ranked matches. These achievements aren't really well designed. In addition, there are some of the online achievements seem bugged (Gears of War 10,000 kills).

The collecting achievements are a real pain in the ass too. Collecting 100 flags in Assassin's Creed was a joke.

My favorite games for achievements were Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Oblivion. Unlocking some achievements in Mass Effect gave you some small bonus increases during the game (like extra health regeneration). Bioshock and Oblivion had great achievements as well. Some of the achievements may be challenging but they are within reason. Those games didn't have any achievements like "kill 3 people at the same time using a fireball spell when you're below half life". Bioshock and Oblivion are great games for achievements.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

the easy kind1upMushroomX6

yes lol

i like achivements that arn't to hard to get. i think there should be online achivements just not so hard (halo 3) but like unlock this weapon, beat this lvl. those r the nice achivemtns to get.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
I like the ones that are like do a 500 streak or something i mean Easy achievemenyt games such as assassins creed and Bioshock bug me because i like the ones you dont get in a mont it takes a hours and alot of months to do like BeaT cult of Personallity with no Star power and 200k it Those i like
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

I think achievements are a great idea, but there are some that just get on my nerves. For example I absolutely hat Halo's achievements. But i love cod4's. Online achievements just seem unfair (even though i have xbox live ) almost none of my friends do, and they couldn't be more mad.

joshllama

The only ones I think should even exist are the ones like Beat Boss, Beat Boss on certain difficulty, Beat The Game, Finished a chapter of the game, and ones for doing crazy things like killing five guys when your about to die.

I hate meaningless ones that make you have to go back, and wander through the game so you can run up a hill and grab a skull (I'm looking at you Halo 3) but almost every game has dumb and completely meaningless achievements which is why I have yet to get the full 1000 in any game. The closest I've come to getting the full 1000 is in Gears which I believe I have about 900 in theres still a couple ranked achievements I didn't unlock yet.

Xx-CLOUD-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Xx-CLOUD-xX
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
i agree i love cod 4's and i sort of dont like achevment online ones..... The only thing i didint like was almost half the acheiments for cod 4 were for beating it on veteran.. but cod 4 offered some of the most challen ging acheviments for people (mile high club)
Cpt_Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 Cpt_Apollo
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
I think The Simpsons Game is a great example of good and bad achievements. "Press START to play" was really funny and creative. I also think that for an adventure game, the "Complete level 1" is a good thing to have. But this game is also filled with collectable achievements that drive my nuts. The same for Crackdown. 500 orbs?!? No thanks. However it is good to have one really hard thing to shoot for like a million career Guitar Hero points.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
I thought the achievements in Bioshock were pretty good. I've also been playing Lost Odyssey lateley and those aren't too bad either.

I don't even mind the collecting achievements as long as they are reasonable. The Condemned 2 collecting achiements are not too bad but the ones in games like Crackdown and Assassins Creed are just nuts