What to expect of the new gears of war?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
Is it going to be more of the same(not so bad) or may we expect some real changes?
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It's really not a new Gears, it's a prequel, so it's anybody's guess as to what to expect.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Horde Mode had better stay, other wise my $60 will go some where else. There is however, one new feature I'd like to see, i want some more vehicles or mech in the campaign and multiplayer modes.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
longer campaign
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Borrizee
longer campaign CTR360
Agree,longer campaign. I don't mind what they improve on the net cause I don't play there but that's personal. Shooters normally not my thing to but my girl dragged me into it and now I'm hooked. Love the game and story.
Daizengar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Daizengar
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
longer campaign CTR360
Yes, and a more in-depth campaign. Something that keeps bringing the players back, wanting more. That would be awesome. I really hope they don't change the multiplayer too much. I love the way it is now. No custom loadouts, no perks, no killstreaks. Leave those to COD, please.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I think it may be a bit more of more of the same, which I am fine with for this one, I can see that being left for the actual Gears 4.
I really hope they don't change the multiplayer too much. I love the way it is now. No custom loadouts, no perks, no killstreaks. Leave those to COD, please.Daizengar
I am actually with you on this one. While I do enjoy COD (I have also been only playing Black Ops II since it came out last week), Gears is a different type of game and I like how it is.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Longer campaign to start. Horde mode is a must as well.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#9 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I sure Horde will stay since Gears is the game that brought this mode to light in the first place.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ashley_wwe
Yeah, also Horde mode has been here since Gears 2. Horde is one of the things that makes Gears awesome :).
TheManofTin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 TheManofTin
Member since 2011 • 395 Posts

I was deeply disappointed by the announcement of GOW: Judgement. Microsoft seems to lack the ability to end a franchise. I will not be buying it. It's a rental at best.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#12 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Hoping for another good campaign. Can see multiplayer going the cod way with unlocking weapons or killstreaks... (which dont care for multi in gears anyhow) Hoping for more Horde and Beastmode. Wouldnt be surprised for a Spec Ops missions ala COD which Halo picked up too.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Disgustingly ugly art, nauseatingly macho dude-bro characters that sound like they snorted glass, and extremely tedious and boring gameplay.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ashley_wwe
I was deeply disappointed by the announcement of GOW: Judgement. Microsoft seems to lack the ability to end a franchise. I will not be buying it. It's a rental at best.TheManofTin
I don't see what the problem is personally. Besides, Judgment is a prequel to the original, the story isn't being carried on or anything from 3. Besides, many people love Gears, including myself. I would hate it if Gears games stopped coming out. It's one of my favourite series :).
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I would like it to be more dark/gritty. And not rushed like Gears 3. I love Gears of War but Gears of War 3 felt a bit rushed, they hyped Beserkers coming back, but there was just 1, it was obviously rushed due to the lore and plotholes being destroyed. Kryll coming out during the day time (Raams Shadow) and the lack of discussion regarding the relationship between Adam and Myrrah? I felt like there was something missing.

At least with a prequel it'll hopefully fill those gaps

It's really not a new Gears, it's a prequel, so it's anybody's guess as to what to expect.

MarcRecon

Just so you know, the word 'prequel' does not draw a line between the game being new or old. It's a new game coming out in 2013. Prequel does not = old game. Where's the sense?

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Better Story ? More Depth ? Longer Depth ? Why dont we all just wear our fat pants, eat a tub of low fat ice cream and B!tch about men ! Get your heads out of your @sses people ! This is war ! Not Oprah (I Totally miss her already).
rigzzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rigzzsy
Member since 2010 • 349 Posts

Disgustingly ugly art, nauseatingly macho dude-bro characters that sound like they snorted glass, and extremely tedious and boring gameplay.

Pffrbt

this

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Borrizee

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

rigzzsy

this

Ow...the same then. Damned