What series is better: CoD or Halo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Blobstone
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts

I love the Call of Duty series, but Halo has alot morein it (or at least number 3 does).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Let me think, since I got COD4 I never played Halo 3 again. Does that answer your question??

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Team Fortress 2 to me is the greatest multiplayer game that I have ever played. It has a great variety with the classes, they play differently and none are overpowered(Maybe the Demoman a little bit but overall nothing too bad), great maps, and etc. It is the only multiplayer game this gen that has made me come back to it multiple times. I have played most of the popular multiplayer games and I liked a lot of them but Team Fortress 2 just stands out so much from the competition that it always makes me drop those to play it.

Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blobstone
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts

Team Fortress 2 to me is the greatest multiplayer game that I have ever played. It has a great variety with the classes, they play differently and none are overpowered(Maybe the Demoman a little bit but overall nothing too bad), great maps, and etc. It is the only multiplayer game this gen that has made me come back to it multiple times. I have played most of the popular multiplayer games and I liked a lot of them but Team Fortress 2 just stands out so much from the competition that it always makes me drop those to play it.

craigalan23
It's not really a series, though. I was thinking of that game as well.
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

Cod is the better series, they have like, what 20 games ranging from 5 different platforms? And all the games are pretty much the same, which is ok cuz the gameplay is pretty good.

editing cuz people might think i actually like COD. Halo > Cod, but Cod has been throwing decent content at us for like 20 years, so they are the better series, but not the better game.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

Blobstone
It's not really a series, though. I was thinking of that game as well.

Well there are two of them.
Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

This is only the 50+ one of these i've seen this week but whatever. CoD series carn't hold a candle to the Halo series.

David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

Halo by far.

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#9 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

Since I have gotten CoD I never play Halo anymore. However today for some strange reason I played a little with my friend. Today 286,000 people were online playing Halo 3. Only 165,000 were online playing Call of Duty: World at War.

Beryl-96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Beryl-96
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts
Character wise, its Halo, story telling is probably a draw, Halo also has a lot of the useless bonus stuff that doesn't really count towards telling which game is better, its just icing. CoD beats it in all the other catagories. CoD was better than Halo, CoD2 was better than Halo 2, and CoD4 was better than Halo 3. Note: I don't include the half assed ports and filler games like CoD3 or WaW as being 'CoD' games, if Microsoft took this route with Halo, I'd not include it for Halo either.
mccloskey-14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mccloskey-14
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
Depends on what age you are, younger folks like Halo I find. Both are good, but after playing COD, Halo kind of got left at the bottom of the pile.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I chose other. And that other is Mass Effect.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 craigalan23
[QUOTE="mccloskey-14"]Depends on what age you are, younger folks like Halo I find. Both are good, but after playing COD, Halo kind of got left at the bottom of the pile.

What would age have to do with anything? I am 19 and prefer Halo 3 over COD4. So what is the age limit? My father is 44 and played and beat every Halo campaign.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I think we need a permanent Halo vs. COD sticky so that this isn't brought up every day 10 times in this forum and the fanboys can go at it as much as they want.
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vashn

Depends on what age you are, younger folks like Halo I find. Both are good, but after playing COD, Halo kind of got left at the bottom of the pile.mccloskey-14

depends on how bad you are, bad folks like cod i find.

Both games are good, but after sucking at halo. Halo kind of got letft at the bottom of the pile.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=mccloskey14

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 craigalan23
Halo is better cause PS3 sucksIIRS3II_H1TMAN
What does that have to do with anything?
mccloskey-14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mccloskey-14
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
I trying to get that I find the younger users on my friends list and during in game chat there are younger gamers playing it, maybe its because they find it enjoyable, I'm not saying that all older gamers enjoy COD, I'm just speaking of my own experiences. Although, unluckily there is a fair share of younger ones shooting me in the face on COD.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Halo.
circularlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 circularlife
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Call of Duty series is better than the Halo games. Mainly because I believe the Halo games have reached their peak and are now headed downhill with Halo Wars and the new Halo game coming out soon. Call of Duty on the other hand is still on their way up in my opinion but I guess we'll have to see how their new game Modern Warfare 2 pans out. Now, I'm not saying that Halo is at all worse than Call of Duty. I've played all the Halo games and they're pretty decent when it comes to storyline and good game action. Since the Call of Duty series has so many more games I think people consider it better just because of how long they've been around and how many copies of each game they sell. And this is in spite of the fact that they're all almost the exact same just with a few different variations. Correct me if I'm way off on that point cause that is just speculation. This is my first forum spree so if I rambled on that's my bad.
circularlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 circularlife
[QUOTE="IIRS3II_H1TMAN"]Halo is better cause PS3 suckscraigalan23
What does that have to do with anything?

How does the playstation 3 console have anything to do with which game is better? If you don't like the PS3 then sell it and buy an Xbox 360 instead...
undeadmenace86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 undeadmenace86
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
CoD4 is better in every conceivable way. Better, grittier story, guns, graphics, characters, everything.
circularlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 circularlife
I think we need a permanent Halo vs. COD sticky so that this isn't brought up every day 10 times in this forum and the fanboys can go at it as much as they want.DJ_Magneto
Sounds like a plan to me. I know I would be all over that for a while
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vashn

CoD4 is better in every conceivable way. Better, grittier story, guns, graphics, characters, everything.undeadmenace86

Hello, thanks for reading the thread. This thread is about comparing the entirety of the CoD series vs the Halo series, not individual games. This is an automated message to inform you that you are

A. In the wrong thread

B. In need of reading the thread title

C. In need to post in one of the other 50,000 Cod4/halo 3 threads that are posted on a daily basis.

icisar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 icisar
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts
cod is better because in halo i will sit there and literally unload 200 rounds into a guy then melee him then reload then empty another clip into him then melee him again and he will still be alive and then ill get splattered..... there is way too much shield in halo..it takes half the fun away
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vashn

cod is better because in halo i will sit there and literally unload 200 rounds into a guy then melee him then reload then empty another clip into him then melee him again and he will still be alive and then ill get splattered..... there is way too much shield in halo..it takes half the fun awayicisar

You might want to actually have those bullets hit him, yaknow.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 craigalan23

[QUOTE="icisar"]cod is better because in halo i will sit there and literally unload 200 rounds into a guy then melee him then reload then empty another clip into him then melee him again and he will still be alive and then ill get splattered..... there is way too much shield in halo..it takes half the fun awayVashn

That is true one melee and a few bullets will kill someone. Unless he is constantly running away I see no reason. Not to mention you can attack with a partner that makes it a lot easier and a lot faster to kill people.
circularlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 circularlife

[QUOTE="icisar"]cod is better because in halo i will sit there and literally unload 200 rounds into a guy then melee him then reload then empty another clip into him then melee him again and he will still be alive and then ill get splattered..... there is way too much shield in halo..it takes half the fun awayVashn

Nah dude, I completely know how icisar feels. The shield in Halo is one factor that I think takes away from that good of a series. I do like Call of Duty better because it seems like more time was put into it to make it more realistic and easy to play for anyone who really wants to.
hellmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hellmonster
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts

cod is much better than halo man when i first bought halo i hated my 360

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts

Let me think, since I got COD4 I never played Halo 3 again. Does that answer your question??

hillelslovak
Same here, or when I tried to play Halo I couldn't because of my longing for CoD4.
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vashn
[QUOTE="Vashn"]

[QUOTE="icisar"]cod is better because in halo i will sit there and literally unload 200 rounds into a guy then melee him then reload then empty another clip into him then melee him again and he will still be alive and then ill get splattered..... there is way too much shield in halo..it takes half the fun awaycircularlife

Nah dude, I completely know how icisar feels. The shield in Halo is one factor that I think takes away from that good of a series. I do like Call of Duty better because it seems like more time was put into it to make it more realistic and easy to play for anyone who really wants to.

oh hey there logic. You do know that cod is a reality based game, while halo is sci-fi? Though if you haven't noticed that then you're prolly to dumb to understand it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

CoD>Halo

TF2>cod

FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Halo for campains and characters, but I prefer CoD mulitplayer

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
CoD
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
oh god i hate these topics, they bring out the best in every fanboy
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Call of Duty has much more depth, but its singleplayer and multiplayer bores me really quickly. I think the many hours I've spent with CoD 4 is to blame for that mindset. Halo 3 has always been fun for me, and though there have been periods of time that I've left the game, I always come back for more. CoD always has great campaigns that are far superior to Halo's, but I have come to find them quite repetitive in nature and experience. Both games/franchises are great, but I favor Halo a bit more.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#38 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

IMO, I really dislike Halo due to the weapons and enemies.....COD is just a lot more fun.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

halo. they introduce the regenerating health in FPS and 1 button melee combat.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

I love the Call of Duty series, but Halo has alot morein it (or at least number 3 does).

Blobstone
I disagree with you here, but I love your picture.:) Obama FTW. Get owned McCain? Palin? Joke much?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I prefer Halo in nearly every way.
fredroman24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fredroman24
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I know the Halo people will hate me but the game is totally over rated.