What matters to you games or hardware specs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

I just don't get it I've been seeing a lot of people foaming at the mouth complaining about hardware specs this hardware specs that and hating on the Xbox about it being underpowered, yes I can agree that it's underpowered but does it matter? Why can't we all as gamers come together and agree that it's all about the games? I'm only here for the games! The graphics look great and lets face it they release a new graphics card like every week each system is always out of date, Xbox One, PS4, even the PC, it's impossible to keep any one of those always "up to date" hardware specs that is, so I don't recognize the arguments against Xbox One.

What matters to you? The games or hardware specs?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Games, the consoles ( PS and Xbox ) do a lot of things and to tell you the truth I never use those features, all I do is play. All I´m interested in is a console that plays games nicely and has enough storage space ( big HDD ) for me to purchase digital content ( many times many games aren´t available in physical form, the retailers don´t carry them ), Consoles have become into PCs without a keyboard. Let me give you an example, PS2 plays DVDs doesn´t it ? well I have my I don´t even remember how many years old PS2 fat, I have played maybe 10 movies in that console, my X360 has seen perhaps 5 movies in all the time I´ve owned it.

spectral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 spectral
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts

In general games, hardware specs only bother when it actively hinders the game, such as a massively unstable framerate(SOTC on PS2) or graphics so blurry they're hard to make out(background in FF9). These days neither things happen often and its usually down to trying to uneccessarily push a console beyond what its really capable of that does it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@aretilda: well it is about games the foaming at the mouth over specs is mainly on system wars and other parts of the net, not the average gamer.

the ps4 is underpowered too the difference between them is less than a typical gpu update a PC gamer would make.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

@aretilda said:

I just don't get it I've been seeing a lot of people foaming at the mouth complaining about hardware specs this hardware specs that and hating on the Xbox about it being underpowered, yes I can agree that it's underpowered but does it matter? Why can't we all as gamers come together and agree that it's all about the games? I'm only here for the games! The graphics look great and lets face it they release a new graphics card like every week each system is always out of date, Xbox One, PS4, even the PC, it's impossible to keep any one of those always "up to date" hardware specs that is, so I don't recognize the arguments against Xbox One.

What you have to understand is the ones foaming at the mouth are Sony fanboys. They want to find some way to put the Xbox One down and talking specs is the way. I want games that is why I pick the Xbox One. If powerful hardware specs the key to wining a console war, the first Xbox would have been on top in its generation.

CrimsonTriden7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrimsonTriden7
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

Games are more important to me rather than the specs.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@aretilda said:

I like games...but why make the choice? I can have both! :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Games

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#9 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

Games always matter the most. But I also do like PC gaming so I need one that is able to play most games at Medium-to-High settings @1080p. It doesn't hurt to have better graphics.