What is your oppinion on titanfall?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danyopizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 danyopizzle
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

The community has gotten more competitive over the years, according to most gamers titanfall is not competitive, which is true, if thats all you look for in a multplayer game. Im almost a level 50 on this game i truly respect this game for not being competitive, it even goes so far that your KD can not be seen by other players.

I love it, its a good all around fun shooting game, why does it need to be competitive to be fun? its still fun regardless, and it beats the new COD games that are loaded with so much BS packed into every single game i play, theres a miniscule amount of BS in titanfall imo thats what i love, every fight feels like a clean fight and not a dirty unfair fight like all cod games and most shooters

willy8257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 willy8257
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I agree cod sucks nowadays, the game caters to campers and just general BS.

I think that Titanfall could not have come out at a better time, this game takes typical fps mechanics and adds so much more to it. i love how fast paced the game is, no matter what i am doing in the game, whether it be running on walls, jumping from roof to roof, rodeoing a titan, piloting a titan, even ejecting from a titan is intensely fun. I believe that this game has something that no other fps game out there has, and that it came at the perfect time right when the fps juggernaut Cod is finally declining and the fps genre was starting to become dull and predictable.

There is a learning curve dont get me wrong, but once I got used to the mechanics of Titanfall I have not wanted to play any other fps.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I sometimes wonder, if this game was to come out as it is today but with the name Call of Duty: Titanfall. Would it still be a massive hit? Would people still give it a chance, or even better yet those who tried it would they say it sucked? Just an interesting thought I heard someone mention on a podcast.

Personally I like the game I think it's really fun, but I've pretty much stopped playing right now with the occasional match here and there. I think I'm just burnt out on it a little.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I think its an awesome game just to have fun on! The only problem I have with it is that it lacks guns! I think there needs to be many more weapons in the game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's okay, it's not as cooperative as I would like, more chaotic. It really does have a COD flavor, but it feels barebones.

I got bored with it after a few weeks and don't even turn it on these days.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I'm really enjoying it so far. I really like taking down titans as a pilot. It's pretty satisfying. I'll probably start playing less, don't want to get burned out on it so quickly.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Too much Falling... Not enough Titans

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Too much Falling... Not enough Titans

The game would become very unbalanced very quickly if they threw in a shit tonne of Titans on the map. I think it's the perfect amount as it is, because you can still be outnumbered 3-1 as it is.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ BattleSpectre

They could do with the Titans what they did with Superman, give it a weakness so stupid that it borders on retardation.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I enjoyed it a lot. The challenges keep things fresh and it also stops elite players from being too elite. The only bad thing is that you start the game with the best weapons so there really isn't any late game weapons to look forward to. I just started Gen5 a few weeks ago until one day I started up Civ 5 for the heck of it and that has had its grasp on me since.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@danyopizzle said:

The community has gotten more competitive over the years, according to most gamers titanfall is not competitive, which is true, if thats all you look for in a multplayer game. Im almost a level 50 on this game i truly respect this game for not being competitive, it even goes so far that your KD can not be seen by other players.

I love it, its a good all around fun shooting game, why does it need to be competitive to be fun? its still fun regardless, and it beats the new COD games that are loaded with so much BS packed into every single game i play, theres a miniscule amount of BS in titanfall imo thats what i love, every fight feels like a clean fight and not a dirty unfair fight like all cod games and most shooters

The decision to limit it to 6v6 hurt it. "But DOTA 2 style bots cause we draw inspiration from MOBAs and other non-FPS games [cause we're cool]." No. You're not cool. Those bots are fucking retarded and useless. I do believe them when they say it wasnt a technical limitation, but it was a mistake. 6v6 is fucking small, even for counter-strike standards.

Also, no single-player was a mistake too. A single player campaign helps setup a backstory, environment, and give the game and maps a lore. Like crossing a map or section where a particularly good moment from the campaign happened. No single player, 6v6 only; a half-game charged at a full price.

But Msft shouldn't give up on it, it still has potential, just keep improving it.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

It was great I was pretty good at it, then i started Playing GTA V on my 360 and Titanfall just faded away...

When i did play Titanfall it was much more enjoyable when you got a group of friends to play with. If my friends didnt play it i wouldnt have enjoyed it that much i feel like.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

What is there is very fun, and very well designed, but not enough content for much lasting value, thus full price.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I enjoy the game a lot, I haven't had this much fun playing CTF since Halo 2.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

When I was playing the alpha and the beta I thought that it was alot fun and different than other multiplayers as I couldn't get enough of it, and I stopped playing BF4 because of Titanfall. After I got the full game I played it for awhile and when I reached level 50 and when I got to Gen 2 it got boring real quick and I went back to BF4, which is because I think that BF4 is a much better game even with all of its issues.

So Titanfall is actually a really good game, but it is missing something and needs more stuff. What is it missing and what stuff it needs I really don't know, but it does need something and more of it.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Game is incredible, not once after a match did I think to myself "well, that was boring". I simply love exploring all of what the maps can offer, there are so many places to go when you factor in the verticality.....map design in this game is great. I agree though, it is missing some competitive things like leaderboards and being able to see stats of other soldiers. I think it can be very competitive, in that it has very tight gameplay, but Respawn needs to add a few features to draw in the more competitive crowd. Leaderboards ASAP.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

I was addicted. I don't have a ton of play time but when I did play, id play Titanfall. I have run into a dead end now, I was about to regenerate to a 3 but it told me I have to use guns I do not like using. I hate the shotgun and don't feel like grinding through killing 50 titans with the 40mm gun. Now gaining XP is pointless, if I had known I had to complete those challenges I might have worked on them throughout those 50 levels.

So, good game, I just don't like that they're forcing me to use stuff I don't like.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

The game wasnt for me. I find it hard to enjoy modern multiplayer shooters, they all seem clunky and very samey. The last competitive FPS I really enjoyed was Tribes Ascend and before that UT2k4.

leedez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leedez

most fun ive had on a online game for a long time.......

Potvin63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Potvin63

I'm not generally a FPS kind of gamer but this game suits my schedule where I can pop on for 30-40 minutes here and there during the week and play and then more on the weekends with a few friends, hop on the headset and enjoy it more playing with guys I know instead of just random games. It's not perfect by any stretch but it's fun and every battle brings something different and forces me to use different guns and meet certain challenges.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'd love it if it had a single player mode.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre

@sukraj said:

I'd love it if it had a single player mode.

Been a while since I've seen you post on this board, I wonder what game had your attention? Haha

danyopizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danyopizzle

Love the replies, i wish i could reply to all of them!

My oppinion has slightly changed, after i hit regenerate which was about 2-3 days ago (my levels restart) im starting to see no point in this game, and not finding it exciting to level up as i have in some cod games (black ops 1 and MW2)

Idk what it is about this game that deters the excitement of aquiring higher level and revelling up i guess theres no reward at the end of it! Like gold titans lol who knows ANYTHING at the last regen would make it more fun imo GOLD TITANS or GOLD GUNS or even silver or a fat fat achievement, the only achievement to reach final regen is 0 GS so wtheck is the point? just more game time? idk why respawn did not make the last regen worth it to add more replay value to this game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@danyopizzle said:

Love the replies, i wish i could reply to all of them!

My oppinion has slightly changed, after i hit regenerate which was about 2-3 days ago (my levels restart) im starting to see no point in this game, and not finding it exciting to level up as i have in some cod games (black ops 1 and MW2)

Idk what it is about this game that deters the excitement of aquiring higher level and revelling up i guess theres no reward at the end of it! Like gold titans lol who knows ANYTHING at the last regen would make it more fun imo GOLD TITANS or GOLD GUNS or even silver or a fat fat achievement, the only achievement to reach final regen is 0 GS so wtheck is the point? just more game time? idk why respawn did not make the last regen worth it to add more replay value to this game.

I am similar, the more time I spent with the game, the more I just wanted to play something else. Same with dozens of my friends. It was novel at first though.

It looks neat in commercials...but it's lacking that extra polish and feels like it came out of the oven too early.

danyopizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danyopizzle

@SolidTy: It was AMAZING at first, and i still remember that first game how insanely intense it felt, than that slowly went away, its expected, games cant hold that same first time excitement forever unless your battlefield bad company 2 (cough) ANYWAYS lol

Good game just didnt hold its throne for me

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kaze_no_Mirai

It really annoyed me today. I'm trying to get the achievement for winning all IMC missions and it takes forever to get you in a game and then if it puts you on Militia it takes forever to back out and search again... Then when I finally got in a match I get a really scrappy team. I'm renting Ryse tomorrow, should be a good rental and a change from Titanfall.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

7/10

Pros:
Mechanically sound, novel concept, promising future if it gets the right investment from EA/Microsoft/other financier

Cons:
Lack of modes, endgame is uninspiring (I can't keep engaged to a game where level progression is the only end goal), nothing terribly impressive about its visual design (good, but not noteworthy), sold as a $60 game for MP-only

Had it been given the right investment and more features included, I would be higher on it. But it feels incomplete without more modes or a true campaign.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#28 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

If Titanfall had a single player mode along side the multiplayer,I would place Titanfall ahead of Halo.Love the game.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai

@brimmul777: I somewhat agree, the very loose and basic story the "campaign" had was not really good at all but it definitely showed some potential.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

I personally don't see what the hype is all about. I have played a total of 4-5 matches and I'm already bored. More power I guess to people that enjoy it but it's just not for me. It's either that or I'm just burned out with FPS games. But then again I don't think it's that either because I get more of an itch to play Battlefield 4 than I do Titanfall. **shrugs** I give it a 7.5. Maybe with time it'll grow on me.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

i just picked the digital copy of the a the game yesterday for 30 bucks.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I rented it so that I could play it with my friends. It was good at first but after completing/winning both sides of the "campaign" it got boring really fast. Played about 60 matches and I never bothered to change my load out except for the Atlas which I changed the machine gun to the 40mm cannon.

I'm glad I rented it. Sent it back a week after I got it. Didn't loose a single match so I'm kinda bummed out that I did not get a chance to try an evacuation for the achievement. :(