What is the best headset you can buy for the price for the xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serenadium64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Serenadium64
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
im looking to buy a surround sound/stereo headset and ive heard mixed reviews for all of the ones ive looked at so i dont know which one to buy, i dont care about it being wireless, and comfort isnt that big of a deal, sound quality is everything im after, i want to be immersed in the sound of a good pair of headphones, please help!!!
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts

Any turtle beach will give you great sound

Serenadium64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serenadium64

nottu
thats good. im seriously considering the dpx21's
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
If you really want the best sound, buy the astro mixamp and then get a set of audio technica ad700 stereo headphones. The mixamp will send a surround sound signal to the headphones and with those headphones you'll be able to hear EVERYTHING. Those phones also have a huge soundstage, meaning sounds will be picked up in all directions and you'll be able to tell exactly where the sounds are coming from. And these headphones sound great out of an iPod as well. The only downside with this setup is youll have to buy a mic separately if you want one but I use a califone neck mic I got from radio shack for around 15$ or something and it also just plugs directly into the mixamp. There are other great stereo headphones you could get instead of the ad700 but these are fairly cheap and are already one of the best for gaming. Just to let you know, most any decent pair of stereo headphones (over 60$) will have better sound quality than a headset made for gaming. I had an astro headset that retails for like 150$ and my 60$ pair of sennheiser hd555 headphones sounded quite a bit better
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I highly recommend the Turtle Beach X11s, here in the UK you can pick them up for around £40 which is afforadable and reasonable for the kind of quality these things produce. Don't know what sort of price they are where you are but I think they're at the lower end of the Turtle Beach range so they shouldn't be too pricey.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
X11's. All you need.
berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
I have the px21 headset it's amazing it's $79.99 though
Serenadium64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serenadium64
If you really want the best sound, buy the astro mixamp and then get a set of audio technica ad700 stereo headphones. The mixamp will send a surround sound signal to the headphones and with those headphones you'll be able to hear EVERYTHING. Those phones also have a huge soundstage, meaning sounds will be picked up in all directions and you'll be able to tell exactly where the sounds are coming from. And these headphones sound great out of an iPod as well. The only downside with this setup is youll have to buy a mic separately if you want one but I use a califone neck mic I got from radio shack for around 15$ or something and it also just plugs directly into the mixamp. There are other great stereo headphones you could get instead of the ad700 but these are fairly cheap and are already one of the best for gaming. Just to let you know, most any decent pair of stereo headphones (over 60$) will have better sound quality than a headset made for gaming. I had an astro headset that retails for like 150$ and my 60$ pair of sennheiser hd555 headphones sounded quite a bit better_SOULtoSQUEEZE_
arent astro products really expensive? that whole bundle will be well over 200$ wont it with the mixamp, headset, and mic.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

nottu

Don't recommend him that crap. Get a pair of Sennheiser, Grado or AKG stereo headphones and an amp. If you need a mic, get a cheap clip-on. Zalman has a really good one for like $15 or $16 dollars. It'll give you far better sound quality than any headset designed for the 360.

Serenadium64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serenadium64

[QUOTE="nottu"]

Phoenix534

Don't recommend him that crap. Get a pair of Sennheiser, Grado or AKG stereo headphones and an amp. If you need a mic, get a cheap clip-on. Zalman has a really good one for like $15 or $16 dollars. It'll give you far better sound quality than any headset designed for the 360.

i cant afford an astro mixamp, could i get by with a turtle DSS, and what kind of headphones do i need to look for, PC gaming? or just regular music heaphones?, i dont really know much about mixamps so what would you recommend.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="nottu"]

Serenadium64

i cant afford an astro mixamp, could i get by with a turtle DSS, and what kind of headphones do i need to look for, PC gaming? or just regular music heaphones?, i dont really know much about mixamps so what would you recommend.

I use a Sennheiser DJ headphones on my PC and they're great. As for the amp, the people in the AV forum would be more help than me. Not my expertise.

l0ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12 l0ve
Member since 2005 • 3178 Posts
Just get any turtle beach set, you wont regret it.
Serenadium64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serenadium64

[QUOTE="Serenadium64"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

I use a Sennheiser DJ headphones on my PC and they're great. As for the amp, the people in the AV forum would be more help than me. Not my expertise.

im using a 360 will the brands you recommended be compatible with an xbox 360.
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Serenadium64"] i cant afford an astro mixamp, could i get by with a turtle DSS, and what kind of headphones do i need to look for, PC gaming? or just regular music heaphones?, i dont really know much about mixamps so what would you recommend.Serenadium64

Yeah these products are a little more expensive but you said you wanted the best sound quality. I'm not sure if you can buy turtle beach's amp separately. If you just want a decent headset then go with some of the other suggestions like turtle beach of whatever, but if you're serious and you truly want the best sound then you'd do much better getting a quality pair of stereo headphones like the ones I've already suggested. You'll have to get an amp like the mixamp, or the turtle beach amp if you can buy it separately. Just sayin you get a lot better quality with the stereo headphones than you do with those "gaming headsets."
ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

x11--no batteries

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

Just get some Turtle Beach headsets and you're good to go. They can get a little pricey though. I personally like the earforce PBT. I can use it as a regular bluetooth headset or I can turn any Turtle Beach wired headset into a wireless headset. I just use it like a normal bluetooth headset though. Plus you can simultaneously pair it to almost any mobile phone. You can talk on the phone and game at the same time.

Reach-The-Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Reach-The-Myth
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts

*Cough* Tritton *Cough*...

Trittons are fairly good...

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Serenadium64"] i cant afford an astro mixamp, could i get by with a turtle DSS, and what kind of headphones do i need to look for, PC gaming? or just regular music heaphones?, i dont really know much about mixamps so what would you recommend.Serenadium64

As long as you have an amp, they'll work perfectly. And a pair of $50 Audio-Technica or Sennheiser stereo headphones and a $15 Zalman mic will produce far better sound than a Turtle Beach or a Tritton.

Serenadium64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Serenadium64

[QUOTE="Serenadium64"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

As long as you have an amp, they'll work perfectly. And a pair of $50 Audio-Technica or Sennheiser stereo headphones and a $15 Zalman mic will produce far better sound than a Turtle Beach or a Tritton.

okay i think im going with your recommendation because i have owned tritton ax pros and wasnt impressed, i think im going to go with some audio technica ATH-AD700's but i dont know much about these, there is 2 different models, one is open-air dynamic phones and the other is closed back dynamic, what does that mean and which should i get?
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Serenadium64"] im using a 360 will the brands you recommended be compatible with an xbox 360.Serenadium64

okay i think im going with your recommendation because i have owned tritton ax pros and wasnt impressed, i think im going to go with some audio technica ATH-AD700's but i dont know much about these, there is 2 different models, one is open-air dynamic phones and the other is closed back dynamic, what does that mean and which should i get?

The closed back ones are a700's not aD700's, which are the open back ones. Open back headphones have larger sound stages which is good for gaming. Get the open back ad700. They're a lot better for gaming than the closed back ones.