What is causing my 360 to do this??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SaibotF8
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I just got my box back from microsoft yesterday and it was working fine (I sent it in because there was a video problem). Today, though, I tried playing the Rage demo for the first time and once it launched the console immediately shut down. This happened one more time and I gave up. Then I started to watch netflix and got through almost an entire episode of 30 Rock and my box shut down without warning. I'm afraid its going to keep doing this and i'll have to send my box in again. What could the problem be?

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

I just got my box back from microsoft yesterday and it was working fine (I sent it in because there was a video problem). Today, though, I tried playing the Rage demo for the first time and once it launched the console immediately shut down. This happened one more time and I gave up. Then I started to watch netflix and got through almost an entire episode of 30 Rock and my box shut down without warning. I'm afraid its going to keep doing this and i'll have to send my box in again. What could the problem be?

SaibotF8
Does it matter? Call up Microsoft because if it was simple then I imagine would have found it with google, of course that is if you did use google and are not just completely lazy.
SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SaibotF8

What? Yea, it does matter. Can I get a helpful response from someone? Also, I dont want to have to call microsoft again. I'm sick of dealing with people I can barley understand in twenty minute phone call. Its such a pain. And google doesn't always have the answer.

InExplicInsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 InExplicInsane
I'm not entirely sure what could be causing it, it sounds more like a hardware fault to me so if you're still under warranty, send it off, if you aren't, open it up and check for problems. I personally think it would be best to send it back to Microsoft.
SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SaibotF8

Good point, they did give me a 3 month warrenty when it was sent back. What a joke, i'm going to have to wait another two weeks.

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

FYI, you can submit a repair ticket through the website if you don't want to call them. When my old 360 died I went through the whole process on xbox.com and never had to deal with any hold times or broken english.

wolfbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 wolfbm
Member since 2002 • 630 Posts
Sounds like an overheating issue to me.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

What's causing it is 360 is piece of crap.

Mine is almost 1 year old and already feel like it's breaking down, fan sounds like helicopter.

wolfbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 wolfbm
Member since 2002 • 630 Posts
I have 4 xbox's from four different stores and haven't had a single problem with any of them. I give mine a lot of ventilation and when I hook it up to a tv it isn't moved at all from it's spot. 1 original xbox, 1 launch xbox 360, and 2 xbox 360 Slims.....not a problem here. It seems hard for me to beleive that I just have super luck with my xbox's. I'm to the point that I think the problem with launch 360's was people moving them around a lot (which I admit led to microsofts faulty x-clamp failing from minor jarring). As far as the slims I'm to the point I feel all these "problems" are either being spread by anti xbox players or by people who treat their stuff like crap.