What do you want from the next Xbox ? Realistically!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

Say it comes out at around 2019-2021 what would you like that machine to have/deliver ? I'm sure it will be a beast of a machine by that time, maybe more than the ps4 due to this gens reputation. With physical disc option I honestly don't know if that would come back, and 4K native games I hope would be playable on it.

What do u want/ think would be reasonable at the 400 price range at that time ?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I wouldnt even bother trying to price the thing, 400 dollars now will not be 400 dollars in 2020.

That being said id like to see what they can do with Hololens. Dont have much faith in VR....but AR, for whatever reason sounds far more entertaining.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

It's too far away to try and guess specs yet... but on a fundamental level, I'd just want a decently powerful console with a great controller (I wouldn't change much from the Xbone controller to be honest). And I hope that it still has a disc option. And backwards compatibility would be a bonus.

Capri2S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Capri2S
Member since 2016 • 142 Posts

A more powerful system that wont feel under powered from launch like the XB1 did, something at least comparable to a high end PC at the time. 4K support, free xbox live since no one should have to pay for that now yet alone in the next console generation. Backwards compatibility right from the start which doesn't suck, not just for XB1 games but for 360 and OG Xbox games as well, with improved frame rates and resolutions.
The ability to CHOOSE to either buy physical copies or digital versions of games, neither one should be taken away or forced upon the consumers it should always be their choice and no one elses.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Since this Gen is going to be shorter BC is a must at least with Xbox One.

I want a beefy console with great power for graphics. I also really want to see more cloud ☁ integration.

My next wish is for consoles in general. I want to go digital, but not if I can't buy on used or resell, ones I no longer play.

I really don't want any gimmick crap. I want to be able to chill on my couch, have a drink and a smoke and don't want to wear any crap on my head, save audio headset.

Not going to lie I really enjoy Xbox for a multi media device as well. Hope they keep up the great job they are already doing going forward.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I wouldnt even bother trying to price the thing, 400 dollars now will not be 400 dollars in 2020.

That being said id like to see what they can do with Hololens. Dont have much faith in VR....but AR, for whatever reason sounds far more entertaining.

Agreed on the price. $400 has been the sweet spot historically but by 2020, depending on your country's economy it may be different. In the US a $500 price will no longer be "too high". The manufacturer's and gamers who are in the know will realize if you want 4k playable, you will have to ante up.

I don't need 4k personally. My buddy is a big PC gamer and does very well for himself in his second career along with an Army pension coming in. His rig is and monitor handle 4k and while beautiful its just not something I wet my pants over or crave like so many on these boards. So get me to 1440p and I'd be fine.

I hope for some form of disc based as well. Physical is still something I like, although I own as many digitally.

No Kinect, but the usefulness of it be kept somehow. I like coming home from tech school downtown with my books on my back, some groceries I just bought and the mail in my hands and just saying "Xbox on" and by the time the groceries are in the fridge and my jacket shoes where they go my HDTV and console are on CNN waiting for me to watch some news then do as I wish. Keep this, MS.

Graphically or power wise is a question mark. I don't believe they want to have the disadvantage to PS they have this gen and MS is the one that can afford to sell at a loss early by going bigger on power. I'm just not sure any of them are ever willing to sell at a loss out of the gate again. Times have changed and its just bad business to do that anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

-Call it the Xbox Infinity. It's a cool name that is also easy to make great marketing slogans around.

-Keep the Xbox One controller but just make it a little bit bigger, more like the 360 controller's size.

-Make it backwards compatible with the Xbox One at launch.

-Make it possible to stream games from a Windows PC to the new Xbox console.

-Get rid of Kinect, but still make it possible to use voice commands to control the system and interact with Cortana either by integrating that technology into the new console itself or at least be able to use voice commands through an ordinary headset.

-Have a physical media option. I will always prefer physical media over digital, so the bottom line is if the next Xbox does not have an option for physical media then I will buy all multiplats on whatever console does offer me a physical media option.

-Utilize the great RARE franchises that they own and have not been taking advantage of. And why wait, they should start doing this right now with the Xbox One. They need to make Banjo Kazooie their Mario-like mascot; not only would it give them a great platformer series which is one genre they have been traditionally weak on, but they could also take a page out of Nintendo's book and use it for spin-offs like Banjo Kazooie Kart Racing. And they need to bring back Perfect Dark and give it the same hype that they give to Halo and Gears, this would add a different style of shooter to their lineup and strengthen their reputation for being the go-to console for shooters.

-Leverage their existing partnership with Oculus to make the Oculus Rift compatible with the next Xbox console. If people can buy an Oculus Rift and use it on both PC and the next Xbox console, I think that would be very beneficial to both Oculus, as it would lead to increased sales of their product, and Microsoft, as it would give their new console what will probably be the leading virtual reality headset and they won't have to waste money developing their own like Sony is foolishly trying to do. Plus, with the combined marketing of both Microsoft and Facebook, this would be a huge deal.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#9 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

If I'm completely honest, I doubt there will be a next xbox console the latest news and business plans from the xbox team seem to suggest that they want to make Xbox a platform or service.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

MS branded GPU's to upgrade, not traditional Nvidia/AMD because then you might as well build a PC. So you would still have that optimisation consoles have but just upgrade the GPU every 3 - 5 years, just need to stick some seriously bullet proof CPU in which will provide grunt for years.