What are the things you hate about the Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chewyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chewyblack
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

For me the only thing I hate about the Xbox 360 is that the live online service is not free. It's just too much money when you throw in all the games you bought and the xbox live points. Just imagine if Nintendo came out with a new Hi-Def system and a new Halo came with it. They will be having a field day over there.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
the thing i hate the most..has to be the fact i live in fear of it dying everytime i play it.. ive gone through 4 before.
ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

For me the only thing I hate about the Xbox 360 is that the live online service is not free. It's just too much money when you throw in all the games you bought and the xbox live points. Just imagine if Nintendo came out with a new Hi-Def system and a new Halo came with it. They will be having a field day over there.

chewyblack

its 50 bucks a year. wait i think the price actually dropped. i dont like the fact that mine sounds like a jet getting ready to take off out of my place

chewyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chewyblack
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

Mine died twice since I got it.

CrazyBaldChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrazyBaldChick
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I hate the rrod but i heard that got fixed?
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

i hate that it makes the PS3 and Wii look like a steaming pile of crap...

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i hate the fact that mine sounds like a fan a fan when their somthing stuck between the blades trying to spin , go put your finger on a fan thats turned on only dont press hard on it youll hear click click click in fast motion, at times it also sounds like a jet plane ready to take off only it sounds like its close to an amplifier,

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

DranzarTypeF

this is not the system wars thread ,, your warning not mine lol , wii is not a steaming pile of crap,,,,,,, its lead proves it

killking5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killking5
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

THe things I hate about the XBOX 360 is that I'm tired of paying. I bought it for $400 plus games already. I don't need to spend another $400 on gold, micro points, movies, arcade games, etc. PLus, I'm tired of buying things for nothing. It's a waste of money if something doesn't last that long. I been though the RROD and I don't want to go through it again. Hopefully my XBOx was fixed correctly.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I don't like that my 360 can't play MGS4, LBP, Motorstorm, MLB 09 The Show, and Killzone 2. Other than that I love it!

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

mariokart64fan

this is not the system wars thread ,, your warning not mine lol , wii is not a steaming pile of crap,,,,,,, its lead proves it

LMAO at nintendo fanboy, (by the way i'm looking at your signature and icon lol.)

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

chewyblack

LMAO yeah >1$ per week is really expensive. I highly doubt ANYONE on this site doesn't waste more than $1 a week on something worse than XBL. A starbucks coffee per week is about the same as XBL!!! It is the best online console service around and less than $1 a week is most definately a bargain in anyone's book.

As for the Nintendo thing... all we have to do is imagine that Nintendo designs an entirely new Hi Def system, gets rid of the retarded motion controls, spends money on a library of games that aren't 90% directed for kids or casual gamers and come out with a new game on the same level as Halo??? Sorry man, my imagination isn't that good and if it was, I'd just imagine the M$ console that comes out in reply to your imaginary Nintendo instead.

M$ are a bunch of money hungry S.O.B's but they provide me the best gaming console around (IMO) and a lot of exclusive extra's (like the GTA expansion) so I'm quite happy with my 360 and any complaining would be just nitpicking... for me anyways.

cosmogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cosmogenesis
it's way too loud and crashes every now and again, but apart from that its the best thing i ever bought in my life
ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="chewyblack"]

Hawkeye747

LMAO yeah >1$ per week is really expensive. I highly doubt ANYONE on this site doesn't waste more than $1 a week on something worse than XBL. A starbucks coffee per week is about the same as XBL!!! It is the best online console service around and less than $1 a week is most definately a bargain in anyone's book.

As for the Nintendo thing... all we have to do is imagine that Nintendo designs an entirely new Hi Def system, gets rid of the retarded motion controls, spends money on a library of games that aren't 90% directed for kids or casual gamers and come out with a new game on the same level as Halo??? Sorry man, my imagination isn't that good and if it was, I'd just imagine the M$ console that comes out in reply to your imaginary Nintendo instead.

M$ are a bunch of money hungry S.O.B's but they provide me the best gaming console around (IMO) and a lot of exclusive extra's (like the GTA expansion) so I'm quite happy with my 360 and any complaining would be just nitpicking... for me anyways.

yeah people complain about ms being greedy. but didnt they pay 50 million just to get the gta dlc? they did that so they could have it and 360 owners would be the only ones to experience it. so there greedyness paid off. i dont mind the fact that they want your money.every company does that. starbucks wants 5 dollars for a 2 dollar coffee. so a dollar a day isnt crap.

Desperados11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Desperados11
Member since 2004 • 525 Posts

Hate that it doesn't have Wifi in the box and that I have to pay for XBL, free stuff is always better :P

Other than that I'm loving this system, It's great and it is the best console for me this generation.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Quitters and the community in some games. I play TF2 a lot and it just seems more common that people keep on leaving when they start getting beat. I'm not the best player in the world or anything but i tend to do very well in the game which makes some people leave. I don't get why they just don't change their tactics and try to counter mine not like i'm an award winning tactician(I think that's the word..). Though i don't really hate anything about the xbox 360 just the community tends to be somewhat annoying sometimes.

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
It could be more silent but it really doesn't bother me. HDD's way too expensive. Unreliable GT hack preventation. NXE lacks customization.
pamplinas322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 pamplinas322
Member since 2008 • 539 Posts
The earlier models hardware i guess. What i dont understand is people saying is loud, i have use 3 360 and none of the made noise.
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts

I'm on my 2nd 360 at the moment, but my new one is an elite so I can't complain about the noise. Though I hate that even if you knock your 360 accidently it can scratch your disc. One of my discs got scratched from my partner stomping across the floor of our bedroom. He walks rather heavily and it caused the disc to skip and grind. Luckily it wasn't a game I really liked and it wasn't that badly damaged.

enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 enix165
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

mariokart64fan

It's in the lead because of casual gaming, not because it's better than the 360(it has 2 really good games IMO, a few decent ones and nothing else...=/)...XD And the only things I hate about the 360 are the Live Gold fees, and that the open button on my disk case shocks me half the time I press it...and the latter's just a minor inconvenience. =P
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Hate the fact that it RRoD's every now and then.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Price of DLC and XBL are my only complaints. Other than that the 360 is awesome.

MattD2779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MattD2779
Where to begin? 5. My biggest complaint used to be that the system wouldn't play MP3s, and that made putting my songs on the system an overly tedious labor; but now that you can use your iPod to play music, I guess this problem's fixed. 4. The system does not have the power to last as long as PS3. This isn't a console wars statement, it's just a fact that we'll have to buy another Microsoft system long before PS3 owners will have to buy another Sony. As far as raw power goes, Gears of War 2 pretty much maxed the 360 out, while Killzone 2 used a little over half of the PS3's power. They say PS3 could still be around in 2015. 3. It's behind the times. Small hard drive, no internet browser, runs off DVDs instead of an HD disk, no wi-fi, and the controller takes batteries like my 1989 black-and-white Gameboy (or you could buy a battery pack that takes 6 hours to charge). 2. $50 a year for online play. Granted, $50 isn't much, but free is less. Not to mention that the $50 gets me an online service that lags and has small lobbies on most games, the dashboard is chocked full of advertisements, and Microsoft uses my money inappropriately. They paid Rockstar Games a reported $50,000,000 to make the Lost and Damned an Xbox exclusive. If you're going to steal $50 from me, at least use it to improve your service and reduce the number of ads, not to keep content out of other gamers' hands. What system you like best is a gamer's personal decision. It's just wrong for the majority to deny the minority content for games they bought and enjoy on their system of choice... especially when I have to pay for it. 1. Quality is a major issue (RROD). Out of all the Xbox360s manufactured in 2005, only 50% of them worked when they were tested at the factory. Of that half that actually made it to the store shelves, 75% of those have been replaced. It's great that Microsoft has extended the system warranty to help replace the broken systems, but charging $400 for junk is THEFT. Microsoft is the only company that could get away with this because they have the dough and the clout. I really feel cheated, and I don't think I'll be buying any more Microsoft products in the near future just because of RROD and the fact that Microsoft deliberately covered-up the quality issues.
adams_73717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 adams_73717
Member since 2004 • 1660 Posts
i hate the fact that you have to have an extra box sitting out side of the console. im talking about the powerbrick. buy becides that. i love my 360. im on my second one and it looks liek its one of the new chipsets. it was made in 2-13-2008)
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
[QUOTE="MattD2779"]Where to begin? 5. My biggest complaint used to be that the system wouldn't play MP3s, and that made putting my songs on the system an overly tedious labor; but now that you can use your iPod to play music, I guess this problem's fixed. 4. The system does not have the power to last as long as PS3. This isn't a console wars statement, it's just a fact that we'll have to buy another Microsoft system long before PS3 owners will have to buy another Sony. As far as raw power goes, Gears of War 2 pretty much maxed the 360 out, while Killzone 2 used a little over half of the PS3's power. They say PS3 could still be around in 2015. 3. It's behind the times. Small hard drive, no internet browser, runs off DVDs instead of an HD disk, no wi-fi, and the controller takes batteries like my 1989 black-and-white Gameboy (or you could buy a battery pack that takes 6 hours to charge). 2. $50 a year for online play. Granted, $50 isn't much, but free is less. Not to mention that the $50 gets me an online service that lags and has small lobbies on most games, the dashboard is chocked full of advertisements, and Microsoft uses my money inappropriately. They paid Rockstar Games a reported $50,000,000 to make the Lost and Damned an Xbox exclusive. If you're going to steal $50 from me, at least use it to improve your service and reduce the number of ads, not to keep content out of other gamers' hands. What system you like best is a gamer's personal decision. It's just wrong for the majority to deny the minority content for games they bought and enjoy on their system of choice... especially when I have to pay for it. 1. Quality is a major issue (RROD). Out of all the Xbox360s manufactured in 2005, only 50% of them worked when they were tested at the factory. Of that half that actually made it to the store shelves, 75% of those have been replaced. It's great that Microsoft has extended the system warranty to help replace the broken systems, but charging $400 for junk is THEFT. Microsoft is the only company that could get away with this because they have the dough and the clout. I really feel cheated, and I don't think I'll be buying any more Microsoft products in the near future just because of RROD and the fact that Microsoft deliberately covered-up the quality issues.

I actually like the dashboard advertisements. Makes me feel up to date on what's new.
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

I only have a couple complaints.1-The elite is the only console with anHDMI port.2-It doesnt have a web browser ( even the wii does ) which is ironic considering MS is the company to make the first operating system.3-The having to pay for online ( i know it's a good deal, but as posted above, it's better when it's free. )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts

Recently It's been rejecting disks...I have to play with the disk drive for a while before it detects the disk I put it "and hope it reads it once it detects it"

chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts
[QUOTE="MattD2779"]Where to begin? 5. My biggest complaint used to be that the system wouldn't play MP3s, and that made putting my songs on the system an overly tedious labor; but now that you can use your iPod to play music, I guess this problem's fixed. 4. The system does not have the power to last as long as PS3. This isn't a console wars statement, it's just a fact that we'll have to buy another Microsoft system long before PS3 owners will have to buy another Sony. As far as raw power goes, Gears of War 2 pretty much maxed the 360 out, while Killzone 2 used a little over half of the PS3's power. They say PS3 could still be around in 2015. 3. It's behind the times. Small hard drive, no internet browser, runs off DVDs instead of an HD disk, no wi-fi, and the controller takes batteries like my 1989 black-and-white Gameboy (or you could buy a battery pack that takes 6 hours to charge). 2. $50 a year for online play. Granted, $50 isn't much, but free is less. Not to mention that the $50 gets me an online service that lags and has small lobbies on most games, the dashboard is chocked full of advertisements, and Microsoft uses my money inappropriately. They paid Rockstar Games a reported $50,000,000 to make the Lost and Damned an Xbox exclusive. If you're going to steal $50 from me, at least use it to improve your service and reduce the number of ads, not to keep content out of other gamers' hands. What system you like best is a gamer's personal decision. It's just wrong for the majority to deny the minority content for games they bought and enjoy on their system of choice... especially when I have to pay for it. 1. Quality is a major issue (RROD). Out of all the Xbox360s manufactured in 2005, only 50% of them worked when they were tested at the factory. Of that half that actually made it to the store shelves, 75% of those have been replaced. It's great that Microsoft has extended the system warranty to help replace the broken systems, but charging $400 for junk is THEFT. Microsoft is the only company that could get away with this because they have the dough and the clout. I really feel cheated, and I don't think I'll be buying any more Microsoft products in the near future just because of RROD and the fact that Microsoft deliberately covered-up the quality issues.Dawq902
I actually like the dashboard advertisements. Makes me feel up to date on what's new.

...Wow, you are the whiniest person i've ever seen. You take any flaw about the 360 and make it sound like the freaking apocolypse.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#29 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
[QUOTE="Dawq902"][QUOTE="MattD2779"]Where to begin? 5. My biggest complaint used to be that the system wouldn't play MP3s, and that made putting my songs on the system an overly tedious labor; but now that you can use your iPod to play music, I guess this problem's fixed. 4. The system does not have the power to last as long as PS3. This isn't a console wars statement, it's just a fact that we'll have to buy another Microsoft system long before PS3 owners will have to buy another Sony. As far as raw power goes, Gears of War 2 pretty much maxed the 360 out, while Killzone 2 used a little over half of the PS3's power. They say PS3 could still be around in 2015. 3. It's behind the times. Small hard drive, no internet browser, runs off DVDs instead of an HD disk, no wi-fi, and the controller takes batteries like my 1989 black-and-white Gameboy (or you could buy a battery pack that takes 6 hours to charge). 2. $50 a year for online play. Granted, $50 isn't much, but free is less. Not to mention that the $50 gets me an online service that lags and has small lobbies on most games, the dashboard is chocked full of advertisements, and Microsoft uses my money inappropriately. They paid Rockstar Games a reported $50,000,000 to make the Lost and Damned an Xbox exclusive. If you're going to steal $50 from me, at least use it to improve your service and reduce the number of ads, not to keep content out of other gamers' hands. What system you like best is a gamer's personal decision. It's just wrong for the majority to deny the minority content for games they bought and enjoy on their system of choice... especially when I have to pay for it. 1. Quality is a major issue (RROD). Out of all the Xbox360s manufactured in 2005, only 50% of them worked when they were tested at the factory. Of that half that actually made it to the store shelves, 75% of those have been replaced. It's great that Microsoft has extended the system warranty to help replace the broken systems, but charging $400 for junk is THEFT. Microsoft is the only company that could get away with this because they have the dough and the clout. I really feel cheated, and I don't think I'll be buying any more Microsoft products in the near future just because of RROD and the fact that Microsoft deliberately covered-up the quality issues.chugachea

...Wow, you are the whiniest person i've ever seen. You take any flaw about the 360 and make it sound like the freaking apocolypse.

he has a new account and probably a play station 3
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

the thing i hate the most..has to be the fact i live in fear of it dying everytime i play it.. ive gone through 4 before. doll94

Yeah, this is the worst. I got a new Jasper arcade after my other one broke (E74, MS wouldn't fix for free). I constantly feel my box to see if its running hot. I have my 360 propped up on a wooden stand that gives it about 4 inches of vertical space below it for better ventillation. It's surprisingly cool to the touch, but I'm still paranoid that it'll go out like the first one :(

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
I hate how you have to pay for playing online, how their is no Wipeout HD, and how there are no Nintendo games.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#32 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
sorry for my off topic comment, I dont like the wy the market place is distributed after the NXE
ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts

I hate the hardware of the 360. Im on my 5th already.

I also hate that microsoft charges like almost every single thing on the market place.

Other than that i would say its perfect. But the rrod alone makes me puke on the 360.

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I hate that mine crashes all the time, the disc tray doesn't close when I tell it to, and I occasionally get the "this disc is unreadable" BS; it even does this with brand new discs.

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts

The prices of the Hard drives

inuyasha2338

Forum Posts

Wiki Points