What are some GOOD single player games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 3DSTICKMAN
Member since 2011 • 301 Posts

I wont have xbl for a very long time as Im moving in with my gf and our newborn son and will have to cut back on costs for awhile so I'll be playing offline.. ANYWAY.. what are some good SP games? Im the type of guy that like GTA IV, Saints Row and I really enjoyed 50 Cent Blood on the Sand (yeah say what you like it was a very good game) now I dont like thinks like fallout, or skyrim although I did enjoy fable 2 and thought 3 was a let down. So really Im lookinf for unrealistic shooting games (one where you play as a human and not a robot) I dont care if the game is old has hell BUT I do care about graphics sorry... I cant play a game with rubbish graphics e.g Home Front.

Recommendations?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6110 Posts

I wont have xbl for a very long time as Im moving in with my gf and our newborn son and will have to cut back on costs for awhile so I'll be playing offline.. ANYWAY.. what are some good SP games? Im the type of guy that like GTA IV, Saints Row and I really enjoyed 50 Cent Blood on the Sand (yeah say what you like it was a very good game) now I dont like thinks like fallout, or skyrim although I did enjoy fable 2 and thought 3 was a let down. So really Im lookinf for unrealistic shooting games (one where you play as a human and not a robot) I dont care if the game is old has hell BUT I do care about graphics sorry... I cant play a game with rubbish graphics e.g Home Front.

Recommendations?

3DSTICKMAN

Have you tried GRAW or GRAW 2.Ninja Gaiden 2.Halo:CE Anniversary.That's a few on top of my head.Good Luck.

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

I have a question. Will you not have internet access when you move? The reason I ask is because you can get a year of Live for $39.99. I am just think until you purchase a few games you could have purchased live for the same price. With that said I would suggest Bulletstorm. Its a fun game and should be cheap by now.

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

Have you tried the Left 4 Dead games? I usually have to play those games by myself because nobody is willing to play with me. Splinter Cell: Conviction is good too.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Red Dead Redemption, Fallout3, Borderlands, Ninja Gaiden2, Transformers War for Cybertron, Bioshock, Mafia II, Left4Dead (1 or 2), Mass Effect 2. Thats all i can think of. all great games, and I play them all 1 player.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

Definitely Borderlands. It's my most played game even compared to online multiplayer games and all I've done is singleplayer. You definitely would need the GOTY edition though since the extra DLC makes the game considerably longer. It should only be $20 or so on Amazon.

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Dark Souls, Batman (Arkham Asylum & Arkham City), Mass Effect 1 & 2, The Darkness, Condemned (Criminal Origins & Bloodshot), FEAR 1 & 2 (1's probably the best... 2 was just okay... didn't bother playing 3), to name a few.

Some of those are pretty old now, you could find most of them for under $20 I'd imagine.

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
bioshock 1 and 2, Gears of War, Mass Effect
fifakingefc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fifakingefc
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
The batman games and rage also i would try the mass effect games
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I have a question. Will you not have internet access when you move? The reason I ask is because you can get a year of Live for $39.99. I am just think until you purchase a few games you could have purchased live for the same price. With that said I would suggest Bulletstorm. Its a fun game and should be cheap by now.

ZamboniGamer
Where can you get live for that price?
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I recommend playing Wolfenstein, the multiplayer is pretty bad but there is a nice singleplayer campaign in. Had fun playing it a couple times out.

Campaign takes 10 hours if you take your time and look around for some gold/search for a couple side missions.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

driftingsilvia

You can usually find it discounted if you look around a little. It's $45 on Amazon right now.

On topic, I'd recommend Rage. It's an old school single-player shooter with some driving and some cool gadgets. I'm only about 3 hours in, but I'm having a blast with it. Plus, you can get it for $30 at Best Buy this week.

supergamer217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 supergamer217
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

RAGE had a really cool campaign, and the weapons are very fun to use. Plus, the enemy AI made it fun to play through the campaign multiple times.

extracrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 extracrispy
Member since 2004 • 8632 Posts

ninja gaiden 2 was fun and pretty hard, plus replay value if you'd like to beat it on the harder difficulties or try for achieves through using only 1 weap the entire game (not easy!)

Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, Prey, Clive Barkers Jericho, The Darkness, ODST.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Mass Effect 1 & 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and many others.

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

[QUOTE="ZamboniGamer"]

driftingsilvia

Bestbuy had it for that price last week. Amazon usually has it for that price ever now and then.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
rage crysis 2 ninja gaiden 2 halo anniversary
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Batman games, Assassin's Creed games, Demon's/Dark Souls..

willsoonbegone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 willsoonbegone
Member since 2003 • 401 Posts

Alan Wake.

BeatMastaFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BeatMastaFlex
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

half-life 2, bioshock 1 and 2, bullet storm, crackdown 2, red dead redemption, and call of duty (theres plenty to do off line like the story, spec ops missions and a very intense survial mode).

ps. if you havent played the first fable you should definitly play it.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

R6 Vegas 1 & 2

Borderlands

Deus Ex HR

Orange Box

Defense Grid (XBLA)

Toy Soldiers Cold War (XBLA)

Outpost Kaloki (XBLA)

Skyrim

FO3 GOTY

Dragon Age 1 (Complete)

GTA IV Complete

RDR

Dark Souls

Batman AC

Driver SF

Splinter Cell : Conviction

Mass Effect 2 (actually just #2, since you said you need good graphics)

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

In the last year, several games have been released with excellent single-player campaigns (I prefer single player over multiplayer). These include Dead Space 2, L.A. Noire, Halo: CE Anniversary, Rage, Modern Warfare 3, and Battlefield 3. Unfortunately, developers seem to be emphasizing multiplayer, resulting in shorter campaigns.

A word of warning: if you have kids in the house, L.A. Noire is emphatically NOT for the "under 18" crowd, as it contains full nudity and EXTREMELY mature themes. Dead Space 2 is also something that's not for the kids' eyes, as one of the game's big features is gratuitous blood and gore.

fatooosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 866

#24 fatooosh
Member since 2009 • 979 Posts

the orange box (5 games one box but you can play 4 games last one online)

alan wake

gears of war triple pack

forza 4

3 arcade games pack (limbo/trials hd/splosion man)

red faction guerrilla

just cause 2

resident evil 5

ninja gaiden 2 and dark souls (if you like hard games)

dead space 1&2

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Splinter Cell Conviction Red Dead Redemption Skyrim Fallout 3/New Vegas Dead Space 2 Deus Ex: HR Batman Arkham City/Asylum Dark Souls Mass Effect 2
kinnovittorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 kinnovittorio
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Batman Arkham City or Dead Island. Don't listen to people who criticizes Dead Island. I liked it and maybe you will too.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

GTA 4

Rage

Crysis 2

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Batman Arkham City or Dead Island. Don't listen to people who criticizes Dead Island. I liked it and maybe you will too.

kinnovittorio

yeah too many haterz hating on Dead Island.

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
Fallout: New Vegas, Assassin's Creed 2, etc. I think most of the rest are already mentioned.
kinnovittorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 kinnovittorio
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

[QUOTE="kinnovittorio"]

sukraj

yeah too many haterz hating on Dead Island.

I know right?

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Batman, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Metro 2033

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
The two most recent games I have beaten are Deus Ex and Batman: AC, get both of them and thank me later.
Jester424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jester424
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Well, let me first start off by saying, that I can relate to the offline aspect. I've never once been on XBox Live once in my entire life. So I really think my opinion as far as it comes to offline games should really be valued. Anyway, I'll just name off a few games that really made me feel I got my moneys worth. First, Red Dead Redemption. Red Dead Redemption for me was/is the best game I've ever played on the 360. The story is very interesting and the game overall is very difficult to put down. However, Red Dead being so popular it's a fair chance that you already own it, so I'll just name off a few other games that I liked.

1. Red Dead Redemption. [Story roughly 4-8 hours long, depending on if you choose to do the side missions or not.]

2. Of coarse there is always the Call of Duty campaign(s) to entertain you as-well.

3. Dead Space 1 or 2.

4. (I know you asked for shooters, but) Assassins Creed 1 or 2. [Assassins Creed 1 can seem very repetitive at times. So, if I had to pick one of the two, I'd choose the second one.]

Well, that's all I have for you. So, thanks for reading, and I hope it helped.

Zumzier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zumzier
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

Forza 4 if you can afford it, Forza 3 if you can't. Both have very good, long and deep single player modes and if your into racing(or cars in general) then you'll probably like it.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#35 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Gears of War series - you will spend tons of hours beating them if you haven't yet and you will spend tons of hours on horde if you like the game.

Crackdown 1&2 - cheap, sort of like GTA but with unreal powers and you get to blow lots of stuff up.

Bioshock - great story.

Forza series - lots of fun, i've spent over 110 hours playing Forza 4 offline and i'm only 15% done with the game, definitely worth every penny.

NFS Most Wanted, NFS Carbon, NFS Hot Pursuit - intense racing games with free roam.at

Mortal Combat - even playing against your friends when they're over at your house brings intense battles.

Mafia 2 - just like GTA but more like a mombster in 1930s i believe?

Just Cause 1&2 - another GTA type of game.

Resident Evil 5 and Left 4 Dead series - who doesn't like to shoot zombies right?

Hope those will help you out a little.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jurassic85

1. Red Dead Redemption. [Story roughly 4-8 hours long, depending on if you choose to do the side missions or not.]

2. Of coarse there is always the Call of Duty campaign(s) to entertain you as-well.

Jester424

The problem with buying a game like RDR is that a large part of its value is in the multiplayer, there is soooooo much to do. Did you seriously suggest Call of Duty? Nobody buys those games for the campaign! They can often be beaten in 5 hours. That would be an absolute waste of money for someone without XBL.

FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

The Orange Box is a great game i reccommend. There is Burnout Revenge which is very great. Perfect Dark Zero is a nice FPS. Rayman Origins is a great single player game. I think that's all i can reccomend...

Edit:There's also Homefront

Jester424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jester424
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I have to respectfully disagree with you,especially when it comes to the Red Dead Redemption single-player. Like I said earlier, I've never played XBL, so I can't honestly give a good judgment when it comes to that. But, I for one had a blast playing the Red Dead Redemption single-player. So can you honestly say that you wouldn't have bought Red Dead if it didn't have a multilayer option? My guess would be no. Good open-world sandboxes are as thin as a line of floss.

Now, Call of Duty. I can see where you're coming from when is comes to the single-player of the franchise, but I don't see those games as a waste of money without a multilayer option. And I only recommended those to the man asking for advise because I was willing to bet a high price that he already owned a few CoDs. So why not try giving those a games a try. I believe the term people use is: 'Don't knock it 'Til you try it...' Thank you for your time. -J424

merc_for_h1re

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 merc_for_h1re
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Wow...noone has mentioned mercenaries 2 world in flames O_O . Anyways nack to topicn mercs 2 is 98 percent singleplayer and the only xnlive is for bad coop bbut I have spent 100plus hours tracking down every last spare part for Evas custom vehicles including a snowmobile running on a tank tread and miniguns, then add on the dlc, u have at least 90hrs of story and replay :-) . Srsly O_O
BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
L.A. Noire is really really good
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Borderlands Rage Alan Wake Batman games Assassins Creed games Gears of War games (imo) Dragon Age games Crysis 2 Red Dead Redemption Mafia 2 Dead Rising games Dead Space games Rainbow Six games
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Wolfenstein is one of my favorite FPS this gen

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jurassic85

I have to respectfully disagree with you,especially when it comes to the Red Dead Redemption single-player. Like I said earlier, I've never played XBL, so I can't honestly give a good judgment when it comes to that.Jester424

RDR multiplayer adds an insane amount of longevity, and if you haven't tried it you'd be missing out. After completing the single player you can only continue to play it for so long without getting bored. In multiplayer you can spend hours playing liar's dice and poker, there's a zombie mode that is amazing, team death match, co-op missions, free roam, gang hideouts, and a SEVERAL other things to do. Plus if you're into achievements this is a terrible game to play offline only, many of them are online based.

The single player was great, but the multiplayer turns it from a game that would be beaten once and then placed on the shelf into a game that can be picked up anytime. Also, the community is still very large. To buy a game with such an immersive multiplayer and not have xbox live would leave you knowing about all you are missing out on.