Well what do u guy's think about xbox 720 specs??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rhys2SkilleD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rhys2SkilleD
Member since 2012 • 149 Posts
there alright i guess.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

They're terrible, but I wasn't expecting any different.

Rhys2SkilleD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rhys2SkilleD
Member since 2012 • 149 Posts
ya lol
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

The problem is ATI 7000 series can be anything from horrible to incredible. We need more details first

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

The problem is ATI 7000 series can be anything from horrible to incredible. We need more details first

Lox_Cropek

It's actually worse than that.

A newer rumour has quashed the slightly older rumour.

Google it.

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lox_Cropek

[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

balfe1990

Google it.

WORSE than a 7000?! Holy crap...

What's next, only 1GB RAM?

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Absolute crap! A HD 6670! very poor!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think that none of the specs are legit right now and I question the decision making ability of anyone who thinks they are

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

CUDGEdave

I seriously hope that's not true even though it's being reported on multiple websites. A 6670 will be outclassed by by the obviously emerging 4K resolution(s) and Quad HD (3840x2160)which will be more viable in around 2015, and it'll be just like it it now how current gen systems can barely run any (non downloadable) game at 1080p.

I'm not saying they'll need to have amazing 4K support, but it's obviously going to make waves in about three years when those TV's become more common and the next generation will be locked into full on 1080p and 3D at 60fps, but again struggling to run anything other than mini downloadables at the emerging 4K. We saw it this generation with 1080p and we'll see it next gen with 4K (whenever they even decide on one of the many standards)

Microsoft and Sony should both work with their respected GPU developers and create something with moderntech and sell the sytems at a loss. If not, it'll be another generation "But the PC version looks better" arguments again.I know I'm thinking way too far ahead, and there are still a ton of people who don't even have 1080p televisions, but this is how this current gen started where barely many people had HD televisions and 1080p was touted as the future of console gaming, and we all know how that turned out...

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lox_Cropek

[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

Sophette

I seriously hope that's not true even though it's being reported on multiple websites. A 6670 will be outclassed by by the obviously emerging 4K resolution(s) and Quad HD (3840x2160)which will be more viable in around 2015, and it'll be just like it it now how current gen systems can barely run any (non downloadable) game at 1080p.

I'm not saying they'll need to have amazing 4K support, but it's obviously going to make waves in about three years when those TV's become more common and the next generation will be locked into full on 1080p and 3D at 60fps, but again struggling to run anything other than mini downloadables at the emerging 4K. We saw it this generation with 1080p and we'll see it next gen with 4K (whenever they even decide on one of the many standards)

Microsoft and Sony should both work with their respected GPU developers and create something with moderntech and sell the sytems at a loss. If not, it'll be another generation "But the PC version looks better" arguments again.I know I'm thinking way too far ahead, and there are still a ton of people who don't even have 1080p televisions, but this is how this current gen started where barely many people had HD televisions and 1080p was touted as the future of console gaming, and we all know how that turned out...

I'm betting on 30 fps at 1080p next gen

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

built my pc 2 years ago and it's better then the rumor graphics card. I guess we won't knowe the truth untill it hits the market and someone open it up

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Think back to PS2 or NES days.

Did you care if it was up to date with PC tech?

The internet now is wagging the dog and we can't seem to enjoy things without being able to d*ckslap obnoxious PC fanboys in terms of hardware spec.

Bottom line static hardware is never gonna be as good as something you keep upgrading.

It doesn't need to be.

The PC market is a hardware/software upgrade ponzi scheme where things are 80x more powerful but still look at the same.

Unless you feel like buying a new TV every 7 years, 1080@60fps is the last frontier.

Once we hit that, any differences afterwards are minute.

The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
I'm sorry but is this about the rumor that the nextbox is gonna be about 20% more powerful than the Wii-U? Sorry if it's not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 69
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts

Hardware in consoles cant really be directly compared to their relative pc counterparts. Consoles and handhelds always have very underwhelming specs when you think about them in the way you would for pc parts, but consoles and handhelds tend to get an awful lot of performance out of those parts, especially by the end of their life cycle...

Avatar image for Vortexshadowray
Vortexshadowray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vortexshadowray
Member since 2012 • 110 Posts
You mean the rumored ones that are complete BS?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Bottom line static hardware is never gonna be as good as something you keep upgrading.

ZombieKiller7
The fact that people don't recognize this simple fact or choose to ignore it is mind boggling. The next wave of systems could use the most cutting edge PC tech available, but guess what in less than 2yrs, its going to be old hat. What do people think, there should be a new console every 2yrs? Because that's the only way their going to keep up. Its a futile effort to chase the PC, yet people want consoles to, just to start whining about the difference after the PC blows them away a year later. While there is nothing to give these rumors legitimacy, if they were true, so what. If all you care about is cutting edge, then your doing it wrong by being a console gamer.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#17 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Ask me again when we actually know them instead of believing every rumor.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

Lox_Cropek

Google it.

WORSE than a 7000?! Holy crap...

What's next, only 1GB RAM?

you guys are trying to compare PC specs to console specs, the Xbox 360 only has 256MB of RAM so I would love for the next Xbox to have 1GB of RAM and a crap graphics card for PC could be an incredible one for a console because all it does is run games, you dont need all the extra power and graphics a computer needs to run multiple things at once.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

No one here works for MS and knows the specs

Sincerly

The Rational people of GS

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts
[QUOTE="soapman72"]

No one here works for MS and knows the specs

Sincerly

The Rational people of GS

This. Why do people believe everything they read on the internet. :roll:
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

you guys are trying to compare PC specs to console specs, the Xbox 360 only has 256MB of RAM so I would love for the next Xbox to have 1GB of RAM and a crap graphics card for PC could be an incredible one for a console because all it does is run games, you dont need all the extra power and graphics a computer needs to run multiple things at once.

JayQproductions

The Xbox 360 has 512MB of RAM and we started seeing the limitations of that years ago.

In order for the next console to be future proof, the absolute minimum amount of RAM the NextBox needs to have is 2GB.

Otherwise, there's no hope. And considering you can buy dirt that is more expensive than RAM these days, I don't understand why they would put in less than that.

If the next console is weak, I'm sticking with my PC.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

I don't care about the specs as long as I get to play games and have fun.

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

Do the specs really matter? Odds are if you are an Xbox fan you will buy the next one. So why pretend that you won't?!?!?!?!

Future_Unknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Future_Unknown
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

I don't care about the specs as long as I get to play games and have fun.

tjricardo089

Me too. Which ever gets the games, is the winner in my eyes.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

I am putting my money on a quad core running around 3ghz, around 2gbs of ram, and a 7k series gpu.... I think sony and microsoft are both going to want to milk the next gen as much as they have this one and as a result will push the tech like they did this gen. If you look back on 2005 most of us were still on single cores and making the transition to dual core and the 360 used a tri-core cpu and a video card that was slightly below the high end at the time. History is our friend when examining rumors.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I am putting my money on a quad core running around 3ghz, around 2gbs of ram, and a 7k series gpu.... I think sony and microsoft are both going to want to milk the next gen as much as they have this one and as a result will push the tech like they did this gen. If you look back on 2005 most of us were still on single cores and making the transition to dual core and the 360 used a tri-core cpu and a video card that was slightly below the high end at the time. History is our friend when examining rumors.

yachtboy
DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DSPX
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts

I'm probably going to switch to the PC anyway. I'm getting one with a i7 processor at 3.4 GHz, and 12 Gigs of RAM. By the time the 720 comes out, the graphics cards with completely obliterate whatever is in any console.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

if anyone is worried about its graphics coming fro ma HD 6670.....please take a second to consider the size of the GPU in the Xbox and ps3......xbox has 48 unified shaders (stream processors) and the PS3 has 24 non-uniified shaders (split between jobs, but nvidia shaders do roughly do twice as much work as ATI/AMD shaders).

The HD 6670 has 480 unified shaders.......

go play skyrim or dead space on ur xbox/ps3......looks awesome right?

allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

I'm not a tech-savvy kinda guy, but all i wish for is a USB capture device that i can plug into a console, choose between "single image captures" or "video capture", which i can then download to my pc.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Nothing is offical yet, wait till then,

Avatar image for deactivated-5d10fd97c5249
deactivated-5d10fd97c5249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d10fd97c5249
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts
LOL, specs haven't mattered since 2005... All about the software.