We need a Drum Hero game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

T_U_M_E_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 T_U_M_E_G
Member since 2003 • 1876 Posts
THIS IS NOT A RANT ON ROCK BAND! I own rock band, and I LOVE playing the drums but I really want to see a game that focuses ONLY on drum. Guitar is more challenging and IMO more fun to play on guitar hero, I think the same effect would happen with a Drum Hero game. The GHIII guitar is also ALOT more stable than the rock band guitar because thats the focus of the game. A game that concentrated only on drums could make a more stable, better quality drumset than the Rock Band set. For those that really love the drums, 170 is a pretty steep price especially with the quality of the instruments (my yellowpad currently doesn't respond at all, and my bass pedal snapped)
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

THIS IS NOT A RANT ON ROCK BAND! I own rock band, and I LOVE playing the drums but I really want to see a game that focuses ONLY on drum. Guitar is more challenging and IMO more fun to play on guitar hero, I think the same effect would happen with a Drum Hero game. The GHIII guitar is also ALOT more stable than the rock band guitar because thats the focus of the game. A game that concentrated only on drums could make a more stable, better quality drumset than the Rock Band set. For those that really love the drums, 170 is a pretty steep price especially with the quality of the instruments (my yellowpad currently doesn't respond at all, and my bass pedal snapped)T_U_M_E_G

No, we don't. WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE DUMB HERO GAMES.

Start picking up REAL LIVE INSTRUMENTS, people. Buying games emulating instruments is a total waste of time, as they aren't even accurate. Rock Band's drums are not accurate in the least bit and one can get much more out of life by actually learning the damned drums.

T_U_M_E_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 T_U_M_E_G

[QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"]THIS IS NOT A RANT ON ROCK BAND! I own rock band, and I LOVE playing the drums but I really want to see a game that focuses ONLY on drum. Guitar is more challenging and IMO more fun to play on guitar hero, I think the same effect would happen with a Drum Hero game. The GHIII guitar is also ALOT more stable than the rock band guitar because thats the focus of the game. A game that concentrated only on drums could make a more stable, better quality drumset than the Rock Band set. For those that really love the drums, 170 is a pretty steep price especially with the quality of the instruments (my yellowpad currently doesn't respond at all, and my bass pedal snapped)Ironfungus

Start picking up REAL LIVE INSTRUMENTS, people. Buying games emulating instruments is a total waste of time, as they aren't even accurate. Rock Band's drums are not accurate in the least bit and one can get much more out of life by actually learning the damned drums.

Yea, thats why I stopped playing Call of Duty 4! It's way more fun to shoot people in the head in real life. >.>
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
itd be an alrite idea. ive just become less excited about the rythm genre. i think i draw the line right after rock band after i hear rythm games like: DJ Hero and Guitar hero: Aerosmith edition. games like this kinda dissapoint me and make me die a little inside.
earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

THIS IS NOT A RANT ON ROCK BAND! I own rock band, and I LOVE playing the drums but I really want to see a game that focuses ONLY on drum. Guitar is more challenging and IMO more fun to play on guitar hero, I think the same effect would happen with a Drum Hero game. The GHIII guitar is also ALOT more stable than the rock band guitar because thats the focus of the game. A game that concentrated only on drums could make a more stable, better quality drumset than the Rock Band set. For those that really love the drums, 170 is a pretty steep price especially with the quality of the instruments (my yellowpad currently doesn't respond at all, and my bass pedal snapped)T_U_M_E_G

Calm down big guy, it's coming.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts
[QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

[QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"]THIS IS NOT A RANT ON ROCK BAND! I own rock band, and I LOVE playing the drums but I really want to see a game that focuses ONLY on drum. Guitar is more challenging and IMO more fun to play on guitar hero, I think the same effect would happen with a Drum Hero game. The GHIII guitar is also ALOT more stable than the rock band guitar because thats the focus of the game. A game that concentrated only on drums could make a more stable, better quality drumset than the Rock Band set. For those that really love the drums, 170 is a pretty steep price especially with the quality of the instruments (my yellowpad currently doesn't respond at all, and my bass pedal snapped)T_U_M_E_G

Yea, thats why I stopped playing Call of Duty 4! It's way more fun to shoot people in the head in real life. >.>

1. Shooting people, with real weapons, in real life, is illegal.

2. Playing a stupid game that emulates instruments is by no means related to any other type of game. it is solely a waste of time and I will never...never understand why it is so damned popular.

T_U_M_E_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 T_U_M_E_G
[QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"][QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

[QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"]THIS IS NOT A RANT ON ROCK BAND! I own rock band, and I LOVE playing the drums but I really want to see a game that focuses ONLY on drum. Guitar is more challenging and IMO more fun to play on guitar hero, I think the same effect would happen with a Drum Hero game. The GHIII guitar is also ALOT more stable than the rock band guitar because thats the focus of the game. A game that concentrated only on drums could make a more stable, better quality drumset than the Rock Band set. For those that really love the drums, 170 is a pretty steep price especially with the quality of the instruments (my yellowpad currently doesn't respond at all, and my bass pedal snapped)Ironfungus

2. Playing a stupid game that emulates instruments is by no means related to any other type of game. it is solely a waste of time and I will never...never understand why it is so damned popular.

I guess what it boils down to is, I like videogames better than real life.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Nah if you can play Rock Band drums on Expert you could play drums in real life.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

The same reason Madden is so popular. People love to "emulate", as you say, things they cant do in real life. It doesnt matter how much football knowledge you have, some people just arent coordinated enough to play the game. Same with Rockband and Guitar Hero. People enjoy the instant satisfaction and get to enjoy something they love, music. Not everyone can be a musician.

jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts

Nah if you can play Rock Band drums on Expert you could play drums in real life.JiveT

Maybe, but you won't exactly be Neil Peart.

linkinSOXecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 linkinSOXecho
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
patience young padawan
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

Not everyone have the will nor the time to learn how to play a real instrument. Plus I u are a real musician u should love todays rythm games. I know a lot of real musicians and when I show them the games (gh,rock band) they are amazed of how their profesion/hobby is now being delivered to the public. Think of it as a new way to interact with our favorite music rather than someone trying to play an instrument.

T_U_M_E_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 T_U_M_E_G
patience young padawanlinkinSOXecho
yes master
Vudu_Line

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vudu_Line
Member since 2007 • 1571 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Nah if you can play Rock Band drums on Expert you could play drums in real life.jakedogg14

Maybe, but you won't exactly be Neil Peart.

Or Brann Dailo or John Bonham or Danny Carey or Dave Lombardo.

stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stevoluvmunch
Member since 2005 • 1176 Posts

May I offer u a bottle of mydol?

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
itd be an alrite idea. ive just become less excited about the rythm genre. i think i draw the line right after rock band after i hear rythm games like: DJ Hero and Guitar hero: Aerosmith edition. games like this kinda dissapoint me and make me die a little inside.Lunchbucket16
i agree.
KMay23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KMay23
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

There is a drummania, from Konami. You'd have to import it, but GS seemed to like it a lot.

[QUOTE="Ironfungus"][QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"][QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

white_sox

Haha that was great !!

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts

GEEZ dude you really should chill the heck out.Go be A jerk somwhere else , and have your fit.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"]

There is a drummania, from Konami. You'd have to import it, but GS seemed to like it a lot.

[QUOTE="Ironfungus"][QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"][QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

KMay23

Haha that was great !!

Thank you for that.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
It wouldn't sell.
ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Such a game already exists drummaania released by konami.

See, Activision is just ripping off stuff already made by a company, if they do it wont be ORIGINAL

*cough guitar hero cough*

If it were to come out, what next DJ hero? konomai already did that to geez activision, come out with some original ideas...

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Well you might not be able to do a drum roll but you could hold down the beat for a band pretty well if you can get EXPERT on RockBand with the drums.
iRTsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iRTsuki
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Such a game already exists drummaania released by konami.

See, Activision is just ripping off stuff already made by a company, if they do it wont be ORIGINAL

*cough guitar hero cough*

If it were to come out, what next DJ hero? konomai already did that to geez activision, come out with some original ideas...

ImSwordMan
who would think a year later this guy was right... http://www.djhero.com/ props to them making rockband a sucess with all the songs you can get, but seriously DJ HERO WTF. its like Beatmania IIDX for idiots.
lessthan3james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 lessthan3james
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts
Bass Hero, please.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#26 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
[QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"]THIS IS NOT A RANT ON ROCK BAND! I own rock band, and I LOVE playing the drums but I really want to see a game that focuses ONLY on drum. Guitar is more challenging and IMO more fun to play on guitar hero, I think the same effect would happen with a Drum Hero game. The GHIII guitar is also ALOT more stable than the rock band guitar because thats the focus of the game. A game that concentrated only on drums could make a more stable, better quality drumset than the Rock Band set. For those that really love the drums, 170 is a pretty steep price especially with the quality of the instruments (my yellowpad currently doesn't respond at all, and my bass pedal snapped)

I'm fine with just Guitar Hero. we don't need any more stupid games.
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
GH: Metallica? i really don't know
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I can't see that much appeal for a game where you only play the drums, when in GHWT and RB you can play through a career on drums. If lots of people wanted a better drumming game, then Harmonix / EA could focus on improving the drumming section within their games, but now they have several instruments combined I can't see them splitting the up again.
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

[QUOTE="Ironfungus"][QUOTE="T_U_M_E_G"] Yea, thats why I stopped playing Call of Duty 4! It's way more fun to shoot people in the head in real life. >.>white_sox

HAHA! That settled that argument like a sledgehammer to the face, good show :D!