Ways your 360 broke, OTHER than RROD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Topic

Mine only broke once, and this was because my disk drive stopped opening :?

Any other ways your 360 broke other than RROD?

SaintTheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SaintTheKing
Member since 2007 • 918 Posts

i had disc read error once...

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
Disk Drive just stop working, it would open and the xbox was fine, hell i could even still play arcade games but the dam thing would just not read the disk.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

DRE

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

DRE

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

came home and the video wasn't coming on the screen...

i bought a new AV cable... nothing!

tried the same cables with a friends 360 and everything worked fine...

so right now my 360 is in a box, going to be sent out to get repaired in the morning...

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

i had disc read error once...

SaintTheKing

and it was banned once.
cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cheetfreak
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts
yep ethernet port stopped working
XboxOwnsPs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XboxOwnsPs3
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts
im on my 4th xbox and ive never had rrod, only disc drive problems...
mortzilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 mortzilla3
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts
360 just kept constantly freezing. Before it froze each time though, it would make a wierd noise in the disc-tray and the fan just turned off with the game still working. After a minute or so after that it just froze. I sent it out twice for the same problem. Still waiting to get it back right now.
---Cipher---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ---Cipher---
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Mine was very odd. Everything worked fine, but it just wouldn't read any disks I put in. It started up fine and when it happened I was playing before I went to bed, went to sleep, and woke up and it wouldn't read any disks.
lvbeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lvbeto
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Well not totally broken but very annoying. My second USB port is loose so the second controller won't stay connected unless I "jimmy" the cable in a certain way. Very annoying!! Only found this out when I bought a second guitar. And I know there is another USB port in the back of the unit but still, there should be no reason for this port to already be broken on the second time I use it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#13 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Ive had disc drive failure, then RROD, both in the course of 11 months. Thats why Im selling my 360.....
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
RROD,RROD,RROD, Disk Read Error, RROD. This one is working fine now.
TarnishedSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TarnishedSoul
Member since 2002 • 12151 Posts
I had mine break once from some E74 Error.
tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
I had the first die with one red light in the 4th quadrant. The second had the disk drive die, it stopped reading games and said they were not 360 games. And my 3rd died of the RROD finally.
vannacut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vannacut
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts
mine had any kind of problems except for rrod, it even showed me disc reading error while i was playing a downloaded demo:)
Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts
my 2nd 360 read 360 games as DVDs. and then when it started reading it as a dvd, a message came up telling me to put the disc into a 360 instead of a dvd player. thanks a lot. my 1st one rrod'd tho =P
igotdez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 igotdez
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
my 2nd 360 read 360 games as DVDs. and then when it started reading it as a dvd, a message came up telling me to put the disc into a 360 instead of a dvd player. thanks a lot. my 1st one rrod'd tho =PRizhall456
aww damn i am on my second 360 and thats the damn problem im having with mys right now sh!t wont read any of my games
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
From what I have heard, if your console is over a year old and you get an error OTHER than the RRoD your best bet is to wrap it in towels and let it burn itself up until you get it. Otherwise, say you get a problem with the disk drive and replace it yourself... then a few months later get RRoD? M$ will tell you your console has been tampered with because it's been disassembled and won't honor the warranty.
FreakShow11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 FreakShow11
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

Disk Drive just stop working, it would open and the xbox was fine, hell i could even still play arcade games but the dam thing would just not read the disk.Dub_c6969

That happend to me once too.

Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts

i bet everyone that is having these "Disk read errors" did what i made the mistake of doing.....

first i wouldnt recommend this on a system that isnt coming up on the end of the 3yr RROD warranty, if you burn your lens and get disc read errors, i would force a RROD with the towel trick and send the system back to M$. (my system was a launch console and hasnt given the RROD yet. and i did this because it was cheaper than sending it to M$ and my warranty for RROD would be up this year.

when i first got my 360 i figured it was like the ps2 and original xbox. i moved it from vertical to horizontal while the disc was spinning, i totally destroyed my oblivion disc with a perfect circular scratch from the cd laser lens. it apparently scorched, scratched the lens.

it played fine mostly for a couple months, then i started getting "to play this disc, put it into an xbox 360 console" white screen in 20 different languages.

i figured i could go back on the warranty, but by the time i got around to it i was a month late on the factory warranty. so i held off and figured i could suffer with the occasional white screen. about a year goes by and it got worse. and microsoft changes the warranty to 3 years....i tried to send it back but the new 3 year warranty only covers RROD, so they were going to charge me 150 to fix my box. i decided to fix it myself, so i bought a new dvd drive (bought wrong kind i had in my system, but me and bud disected the laser out of the drive and replaced my old laser with it.) my system now works perfectly with a new transparent blue case with new fan all decked out in blue LEDS.

one of my buds did the same thing...tripped over the wires going to the tv from the 360, knocked the 360 over, scratched (destroyed his GOW disc) and now hes getting the disc read errors.

fixed my 360 for 60 dollars (instead of 150 M$ was goin to charge)

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts

I turned on my 360 last night and on the boot up at the logo it just keeps freezing and then it eventually turns blue and goes wonky and eventually I get a solid red light in the 4 quadrant and a dim red light in the 3 and 1 quadrant, I don't think this is the "RROD" But it is something and I am having a box sent out to me right now.

BTW if you haven't got RROD and your console is over a year old I would recommend you try to rap it in a bag or something to intentionally get RROD so you can send it in now before GTA4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 come out, plus the warranty ends in August, and I dont know if they will renew it or not.

freakn3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freakn3ss
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

I had mine break once from some E74 Error.TarnishedSoul

same here, I have the one ring of death, I have to send it to microsoft today and hope they don't realize it's not RROD and fix it for free

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Mine was eaten by a bear. Don't ask me how it happened.
xinfinitifistx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xinfinitifistx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've been using my Xbox kinect a lot and then I was playing a game and it turned off and it didn't turn back on I tried everything I disconnected it and the power box is orange and I checked the fuse box and it still wouldn't turn on plzzzzzzzz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xinfinitifistx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xinfinitifistx
I've been using my Xbox kinect a lot and then I was playing a game and it turned off and it didn't turn back on I tried everything I disconnected it and the power box is orange and I checked the fuse box and it still wouldn't turn on plzzzzzzzz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ArcherBoii209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArcherBoii209
mine broke because my xbox was laying sideways with madden 12 in it then when I opened it the disk drive wouldnt shut back in, so I forced it in then the disk drive couldnt open, with the game in it...