VOTE: What did you think of Microsoft's press conference?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

Following Bethesda's series of E3 2015 announcements last night, Microsoft has also come into the fray with their own set of news and footage of its upcoming Xbox One games.

Microsoft put their emphasis once more on their roster of Xbox One games releasing this year. They started off with a new trailer/footage of Halo 5: Guardians but followed up with tons of other new game and Xbox One service announcements.

VOTE: What Did You Think of Microsoft's Press Conference?

Check out all the news here!

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

No! I typed a nice hefty review, hit Post Reply, and it got sucked into the void. My post is gone for good?

EDIT: In a nutshell...

• Good: Indies (Cuphead), 360 BC, Fallout 4 mod support, Rare is back, focus on Holiday 2015.
  • Bad: Halo, Gears, Tomb Raider, EA Access commercial, crane car thing.
  • Overall 6.5 score, but that's not good enough for a thumbs up. Thumbs down.
Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3  Edited By Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

Come on, add a middle option.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I loved it....best one in years.....I'll elaborate when I get home

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

I thought it was great... not a lot more they could've reasonably done to woo gamers I don't think.

nickp91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickp91
Member since 2011 • 68 Posts

Microsoft'spress conference was pretty good. Not the best, but it's still great

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Not enough exclusive new ips for me

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Overall it was pretty great. They still have games to show in two months.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

Relative to what? Unless Nintendo drops Metroid and Star Fox tomorrow MS easily has the best exclusive lineup of the big three.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

MS knocked it out of the park, i lost it when they announced backwards compatibility. Having spent/invested in digital content, its awesome knowing that content will be with me on the xbox live ecosystem. Pumped for Rares new pirate multiplayer game and seeing how holiday 2015 is going, i'm just blown away. Just too much gaming to be had. Finally, with what we know of E3, its scary that we have more coming in August at Gamescom. A+ MS

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

For me, the software end of things was only "ok" - but hardware and OS stuff... my god. Backwards compatibility was a real coup. But the biggest thing was the hololens demo with Minecraft. I almost teared up - that's the thing of dreams. When I was a kid watching the holograms in Star Wars and... I mean you can do those things with this tech. Sure, you need the glasses, but I never imagined it would look and work so well

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@firefox59 said:
@joel_c17 said:

Relative to what? Unless Nintendo drops Metroid and Star Fox tomorrow MS easily has the best exclusive lineup of the big three.

Lol what?

Newly Announced Games:

• A new game called recore was announced. It is being developed by Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune and Retro Studios, the studio behind Metroid Prime.
  • EA announced Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. We saw new gameplay that featured, new characters, worlds, and more. The game will arrive next Spring.
  • A cinematic trailer was shown confirming Dark Souls 3. It will release early 2016, and is not an Xbox One exclusive.
  • Rare announces Rare Replay, which is a collection featuring 30 classic Rare games. It releases August 4, 2015 for $29.99.
  • Banjo Kazooie developer Rare announces a new Xbox One exclusive IP called Sea of Thieves. It's a pirate-themed multiplayer game.
  • Coalition games finally announces Gears of War 4. It's set to release holiday 2016.

yawn

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43991 Posts

I loved it. Halo 5, Forza 6, Tomb Raider, and Gears of War 4 looked amazing. New controller looked cool and backwards compatibility was awesome news. Record looks very interesting as does Rare's new pirate game. The Rare game collection was extremely cool news.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Backwards compatibility, NUFF said. Very happy camper here.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#15 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@BigBadBully said:

MS knocked it out of the park, i lost it when they announced backwards compatibility. Having spent/invested in digital content, its awesome knowing that content will be with me on the xbox live ecosystem. Pumped for Rares new pirate multiplayer game and seeing how holiday 2015 is going, i'm just blown away. Just too much gaming to be had. Finally, with what we know of E3, its scary that we have more coming in August at Gamescom. A+ MS

Agreed. I own like 34-40 digital 360 titles and I like not needing to keep consoles. I have to keep my PS3 because I am never using PSNow. MS conference was great. Games coming out soon, and new games as well.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Halo and Gears of War. Enough for me.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

it was great.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@SoAmazingBaby said:

Halo and Gears of War. Enough for me.

and BC, I´m a happy camper, excellent excuse to now get me a X1.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

One of, if the not the best E3 show ever. Sooooo much but I was pretty floored that the new non Kinect Rare game is a new IP, Sea of Thieves, how that cat never got outa the bag until it's showing is beyond me and it looked amazing, can't wait to learn more about the game.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

They showed a lot of great games, we got to see Halo 5 campaign for the first time and it looks amazing. Gears looked great as well, stoked for the 4th, and they showed a pretty cool new IP with Recore, although we know little about the game it shows promise.

On the hardware side it was great to see that new elite controller design, it is not for everyone but its nice to have that option for the more serious competitive gamer. BC is a huge plus, and was one of the most requested features....nobody expected that, and while it is not such an important feature for me, it is nice to see them doing their best to appease their fan base. Its groing on me, its nice to have these games right there ready to run without having to turn on another system.

Lastly, I got 2 freebies when I got home, 360 game installs , and beta access to the Gears remake, which plays great at 60fps and no host advantage whatsoever due to the dedicated servers. Don't really see how much better they could have done.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

MS definitely hit a home run this year. BC, hololens, and the elite controller are all awesome, and that's just 9n the hardware side.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

This year Microsoft did quite well. The Xbox one is finally starting to get lots of games coming There is 6 upcoming games I will get for Xbox one. Plus the surprise of backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games on Xbox one is great. Even though I still have my Xbox 360 consoles and games

Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 are my go to games umping, Like the Rare game collection coming as well. Old school gaming greatness from Rare.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Better than last year's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#24 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I feel that Microsoft had the best E3 showing. Allow me to explain why:

- Recore looks amazing. With the creator of Mega Man and the Metroid Prime team on-board, I think this game will be great.

- Halo 5, though not much new was really shown about the game at E3, I think it's shaping up to be a great continuation of the series. Got a release date.

- New tech shown with the new $150 controller.

- New system feature revealed with the backwards-compatibility with 360 games.

- I like PVZ GW, so a sequel isn't necessarily a bad thing.

- Forza 6 isn't really my thing, but a lot of car people are crazy about those games and will probably want to get it.

- $30 for 30 RARE games. Holy shit, that is a fantastic deal. I actually just realized it only costs $30! That is their value game for this E3.

- New pirate MMO from RARE. Not sure about that yet, but still it's a new RARE game.

- I think Fable Legends will be decent. And if it isn't, so freaking what? It's free! It is guaranteed to be better than a Facebook game anyway.

- Rise of the Tomb Raider looks nice, though I usually don't play those games either.

- I half-expected Cuphead to be out by now, but it's obvious that Microsoft wanted to save that game for E3 to highlight their indie showings. Definitely the game to do that with, and definitely good to get the game even more exposure closer to launch.

- Ashen actually looked kind of interesting as well. I like the faceless art style, actually.

- Gears 4 isn't my thing either, but it's there for people who really like those games.

- HoloLens presentation with Minecraft was amazing. HoloLens will probably change the world, and quite possibly do a lot for augmented reality gaming.

- And finally, Microsoft didn't even show three of their other big games at E3, and are saving them for Gamescom - Crackdown, Quantum Break and Scalebound. As well as other unannounced IPs, and possibly even some news on Phantom Dust. Even without all of those games, Microsoft still had a very impressive E3!

So how Microsoft didn't win this E3? I have no idea. Imo, Microsoft nailed it, big-time.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

it was better than Sony's at least

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

# I liked Microsoft's E3 2015 press conference. Much improved over past years. Glad to see MS focus on games. Xbox one seems to have rebounded from a rocky start.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#27 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

Best E3 for Microsoft ever had,much better then Sony and Nintendo.

Plus in my opinion:Bonnie Ross is Really Cute. :)

BraboChoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BraboChoke
Member since 2015 • 15 Posts

Hololens

BC

Halo 5 Warzone

Gears

Mods on Fallout

I'm in

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It was quite fantastic. Recore, Halo, Rare Collection, and Cuphead made it an outstanding showing. Hololens was just icing on the cake. Plus they have several games set for release this year, something Sony doesn't.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

I wanted to see more games

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

I don't care what anyone's personal preferences are MS deserves recognition for an amazing E3. They showed the most big exclusives by a significant margin and announced a couple of new IP's, as well as backward compatibility. Most of the exclusives they showed will be available this year which is a big plus for XBO owners.

Anyone downplaying Microsoft's E3 is a just a troll it was the best E3 that Xbox has had in years - if not the best in Xbox history! Never have I seen so many big exclusives and never so many being released in the same year! Kudos to MS for a fantastic job!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It was alright I guess but I wanted to see more games

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4569 Posts

I thought it was their best in years. No music videos in the middle of the presentation, focused on games, announced new ip's, and showed that they are listening to the fanbase by introducing BC. Plus a lot of the games shhown are for this year.

I give it an A+