This topic is locked from further discussion.

fuzzyclam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 fuzzyclam
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts

i am very mad at microsoft with their backwards compatability. im at the mall today and i see a EB games. we walk in and thhen i see brothers in arms 1 and 2 for xbox. i said i loved the first one and wish i could get them for 360. he said their prob backward comp. they werent, and they are amazing games.they put **** on like barbie and dont put on brothers in arms. wow microsoft wow.

noirsake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 noirsake
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts
ya Im waiting on microsoft to make half my fecking xbox games collection compatible with my 360
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Used games at EB and Gamestop are marked with a BC on the back that lets you know which ones are backward compatible and which arent. But i do wish more games were. PSI Ops and Rallisport 2 are ones i really wish ere.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
learn how they create these BC updates before complaining that BiA does not work but a Barbie game does.
hXcKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hXcKing
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
They can't just decide what goes on the list. It's all about the games that will work properly without glitches.
diablofan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 diablofan02
Member since 2005 • 1461 Posts

well the ps2, ps3 and wii all have bc that works with all the old gamres, and since lots of people with a 360 have old xbox games why the hell wouldnt you just make them all work

hXcKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hXcKing
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
Because it takes time and it's not like there gonna make money off old xbox games so what incentive do they have to work on BC.
Roughan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Roughan-
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts
It's not really that big of a deal to me personally. I just played Halo 2 and Chaos Theory for Xbox when 360 came out. I beat Shenmue 2 and all the other stuff before the 360 came out
-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts
Backwards compatibility is over rated.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

i am very mad at microsoft with their backwards compatability. im at the mall today and i see a EB games. we walk in and thhen i see brothers in arms 1 and 2 for xbox. i said i loved the first one and wish i could get them for 360. he said their prob backward comp. they werent, and they are amazing games.they put **** on like barbie and dont put on brothers in arms. wow microsoft wow.

fuzzyclam

As of now I am enjoying the good old classic games on the former console with no problems of any kind. The entire Socom library, Medal of Honor Frontline, Medel of Honor Rising Sun, Medel of Honor European Assault, Brothers in Arms Road to Hll 31 along with a ton of others.

Scalemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Scalemaster
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts

well the ps2, ps3 and wii all have bc that works with all the old gamres, and since lots of people with a 360 have old xbox games why the hell wouldnt you just make them all work

diablofan02

The reason that the PS3 and the Wii have no or very little backwards compatibility issues is because they also contain the graphics chips or emulating software that the PS2 and the Gamecube had. The Xbox 360 doesn't contain the processor and graphics chip that the original Xbox had so they have to spend time to create an emulator for each particular game so it can run properly. Most of the games that are already backwards compatible are the easiest to emulate so that is why they make them work first. Microsoft knows that they will sell the Xbox 360 in sufficient numbers regardless of whether it is backwards compatible or not so they are not going to spend the money and time to emulate the entire Xbox library.

DeadToFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeadToFall
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts
im okay with it because jet set radio future is backwards compatible they should make a 360 version of that game
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
if they havent made it backwards compatible already they won't now will they?
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

diablofan02

You have to understand that Microsoft owned almost nothing in the Original Xbox. So they couldn't just take the pieces from the original xbox and put them in the 360.... really the reason was also because they switched companies too. Sony and Nintendo on the other hand actually own most of what is in their consoles (or atleast partly own) so its not like they will switch companies to get other stuff because then they would partly own crap they wouldn't be using.

The fact is that Microsoft made a huge mistake with the first xbox and now they are emulating all the old games (which yes takes time). Now the reason some games are on there is one because many of the games get emulated the same way (meaning you can put on a bunch of games even if no one played them) which is why Barbie is on there.

The only problem Microsoft has is that they are not a hardware company which means they ahave to get other companies for the parts in their system unlike Sony and Nintendo. So if Microsoft chooses to switch companes then that will probably mean they lose support from the company they left (meaning they can't use what that company had).

fuzzyclam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 fuzzyclam
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts
you know the could do it with all the money that have. bbut they just want to make newer versions of the game so people buy them.