This topic is locked from further discussion.

sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts

Can someone explain what it does?

i read it "rips" games... as in it copys the game you bought into the drive so you can cary it anywhere?

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts
for extra storage...u can put in game saves, dlc, game installs...whateva
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Can someone explain what it does?

i read it "rips" games... as in it copys the game you bought into the drive so you can cary it anywhere?

sillaris
lol that would be illegal
JustSuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JustSuds
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It doesnt have ANY function that the old fashioned Microsoft branded hard drives that we've been using for years don't have. It's just a convenience thing, as now you don't need to spring for an expensive Microsoft brand hard drive, you can just use any hard/flash drive. Its just a memory card extension.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
It allows you to do what most can be done on a regular hard drive..given you have the necessary space.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I hope I don't get penalized for this post, but here goes. First things first you have to make sure the flashdrive/external HDis formatted as a FAT32 file system. That is the only way the 360 will recognize it and be able to access it whether it be movies, pictures, music, or whatever. As for modding it to bypass authentication for games and such, I'm not sure if you need a hardware or software modification.

gawnn
hoping does not make it so, i suggest you delete it
gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gawnn
Member since 2003 • 312 Posts
I stuggled with this for so long you have no idea. I could not figure out why my 360 couldn't read any of my external drives. But what I use it for is totally legit and legal. For some reason I cannot for the life of me get my 360 to network or stream media from my Windows 7 computer and my stupid 360 drive is only 20gigs (which works out to be only about 8 gigs of free space). There shouldn't be anything remotely frowned upon using your 360 as a media center, and you can actually do it without any modifications besides a codec or two that may need to be downloaded from microsoft.
gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gawnn
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="gawnn"]

I hope I don't get penalized for this post, but here goes. First things first you have to make sure the flashdrive/external HDis formatted as a FAT32 file system. That is the only way the 360 will recognize it and be able to access it whether it be movies, pictures, music, or whatever. As for modding it to bypass authentication for games and such, I'm not sure if you need a hardware or software modification.

hoping does not make it so, i suggest you delete it

Haha yeah they modded me for it. Good thing you quoted me. There's a lot of sketchy melicious intent going on here. I swear to god I'm ethical, LOL.
chingiee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chingiee
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
It doesnt have ANY function that the old fashioned Microsoft branded hard drives that we've been using for years don't have. It's just a convenience thing, as now you don't need to spring for an expensive Microsoft brand hard drive, you can just use any hard/flash drive. Its just a memory card extension.JustSuds
actually, i'm pretty sure you can't play original xbox games (backwards compatible) with the usb drive. the hard drive has a hidden partition which contains both the software emulator engine as well as profile information for specific games. hence why on the 20 gb hard drive, only about 13 are available for use. the usb drive should be able to do everything else though.
joebutler18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joebutler18
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts
its to store memory on basically games from xbox live movies, save data ect. also u might need one to play certain games i brought football manager 2008 and i couldnt play that without a hardrive im pretty sure football manager isnt the only game aswell
joebutler18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joebutler18
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts
actually it does have some backwards compatible on it not all games work its round 90% of games or sumtin that works i think you need xbox live in order to do it
gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gawnn

I didn't realize you could actually save full games to an external disk. How well does it compare to running off an external as opposed to the 360 HDD?

mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] hoping does not make it so, i suggest you delete it

quoting it doesn't help... fool.