updates & patches?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 nascar1
Member since 2005 • 2763 Posts

just wondering if updates & patches will be like on the 360...when you put a game in, you get a message giving you an option to accept or decline?

or will it automatically install and we're not aware when something has been updated/patched?

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

if you chose standby (instant on) mode in the energy settings you will receive all the updates for the os and your games automatically while the console is in standby. don't know wether you'll receive a notification or not though.

nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 nascar1
Member since 2005 • 2763 Posts

I chose to manually start, so my system not on standby...I'm curious bc I heard there was going to be a patch for bf4 around 12/2?

really would like to play the sp but it doesn't save progress!

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

I'm wondering if they just did a stealth patch of the OS. When I got home from work tonight and turned on the Xbox One it did a full boot with a slight pause (I have it on standby mode, so it should have just resumed from sleep or whatever you call it).

And now I notice that my home screen has the time in the lower corner... I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

the home screen has always had the time at the bottom.

@wg_mcfartypants said:

I'm wondering if they just did a stealth patch of the OS. When I got home from work tonight and turned on the Xbox One it did a full boot with a slight pause (I have it on standby mode, so it should have just resumed from sleep or whatever you call it).

And now I notice that my home screen has the time in the lower corner... I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@adders99 said:

the home screen has always had the time at the bottom.

@wg_mcfartypants said:

Yep, my bad. It fades out after a few seconds of being on the home screen. I just hadn't noticed it before.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#7 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@wg_mcfartypants: They definitely did something in the last day or so. "Xbox On" would not turn on my Verizon box on Friday, but suddenly it started working yesterday.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

@b4il: yea i like that i havent seen any update screens but would like to have a message in my inbox saying that an update happened and this is what it changed.