Unable to buy anything.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

doctorfoiyopie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 doctorfoiyopie
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

I changed my name earlier with MS points that I bought and Now i cannot buy more MS points. Whenever I try to buy a Games on Demand game, I get this Status code: 80153021. Any ideas?

MrMcElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrMcElliot
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

Never heard of that happening before. Call Microsoft. They'll fix it.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
There's a period of time when lots of things act whacky with your account after changing my name. I went through the same thing. Wait a day and if it's still acting funny give them a call.
darkfrost2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkfrost2222
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
yea its doing the same thing for me, but i haven't changed my name for a while now... its really getting on my nerves!
gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
You have to call xbox support to unlock ur account to buy games online they locked my account before
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
If you buy an new console, you need to go through a hardware license swap process at Xbox.com. Until I did this, my videos wouldn't work at all. There's a video tutorial on the 360 in one of the 101 sections.
crazyhaze32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crazyhaze32
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I was also having this happen. What I did was back out of the shop completely to go to the dashboard, went back in and it fixed it. Wasn't until I backed out to dashboard that it would work for anything.

zxv33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zxv33
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts

That's normal when there's an old credit card on file or a change of your gamertag, you have to login into your account in xbox.com and browse around your billing tab. sometimes xbox adds your old credit card as the primary.

kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#9 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
try waiting a day. Happened to me with my WP7 phone I couldnt buy anything for 1 day even tho I didnt change my name.
Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
This thread is over a year old and therefore the individual's issue is sure to be fixed by now.
Crusad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crusad3
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i hate to hear about u guys problems as i am having sortof the same problem. it wont let me redeem my 12 month xbox live code that i bought today. i tried reconnecting my router but that didnt work so i rang up xbox support and they said their server was down or something. i havnt changed my name in months and i havnt bought anything off the xbox in months. thursday night a msg popped up wen i tried to log into xbox live saying that my account has been suspended due to a problem with my payment option. my mum apparently cancel her credit card -.- and i was wondering if any1 had any information regarding xbox live being down?