UFC vs Fight Night 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts

I was absolutely positive I'd be getting Fight Night 4 until I played the UFC demo, and now it looks like the UFC is where it's at. Now I'll just be waiting on the Fight Night 4 demo. Anyone else stuck with the same dilemma? I can't afford both.

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

At this point I would have to say ufc.With all those fighters and moves fight night will have a "fight" on it's hands.FN will be a good game but I think ufc will have more depth and replay value to it since it's more than boxing.

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
I like UFC better, but thats just me.
Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bumzur
Glad I'm not alone on this one. I've heard many people who say UFC is too clunky and that it doesn't stand a chance. It really needs more praise at this point for what it's set out to do.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

well I would have said FN4 too but then that demo came out now I have to stay with ufc, I guess I well get FN4 later

Joss09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Joss09
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

I'll take UFC just because it has more aspects of fighting other then just punching people in the ribs and noggin. Go repetitive game play!

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I'm getting Fight Night Round 4 no matter what, I love the games. I haven't tried the UFC game yet, but I've heard positive reviews and can't wait to play it. I'm interested in how they handle the grappling and ground fighting aspects of ultimate fighting.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I'm getting Fight Night Round 4 no matter what, I love the games. I haven't tried the UFC game yet, but I've heard positive reviews and can't wait to play it. I'm interested in how they handle the grappling and ground fighting aspects of ultimate fighting.Ghost_702
UFC is on its first iteration with Yukes and Fight Night is on its 4th with EA Sports. I'm siding with Fight Night as the better and deeper game. Yukes is going to start pumping those games out yearly so there will be a better version down the road.Fight Night 4 has been in the works for 3 years and they had the right formula with Fight Night 3. I'm hoping they can perfect it.
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hotfiree
Member since 2006 • 2185 Posts
I hate boxing, so ufc for me
Evandemocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Evandemocracy
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

If you had to choose well depends if you can wait to try fight night but for me im getting both cause they have uniqe control systems and i love beating the crap out of people with style its my weakness so either one would do

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
Depends on what you like more Boxing? Or Mixed Martial Arts?
Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bumzur
[QUOTE="delta4062"]Depends on what you like more Boxing? Or Mixed Martial Arts?

I'm don't watch or pay attention to either. I like the concept of MMA a lot more but a good concept doesn't mean a good game.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
[QUOTE="Ghost_702"]I'm getting Fight Night Round 4 no matter what, I love the games. I haven't tried the UFC game yet, but I've heard positive reviews and can't wait to play it. I'm interested in how they handle the grappling and ground fighting aspects of ultimate fighting.Doomtime
UFC is on its first iteration with Yukes and Fight Night is on its 4th with EA Sports. I'm siding with Fight Night as the better and deeper game. Yukes is going to start pumping those games out yearly so there will be a better version down the road.Fight Night 4 has been in the works for 3 years and they had the right formula with Fight Night 3. I'm hoping they can perfect it.

Exactly. I will be getting both of the games and I know I'll love them. I'll suggest both of them to everyone too. The game I'd say is the winner would be Fight Night Round 4 without a doubt. As Doomtime said, Fight Night Round 3 was amazing and they've had 3 years to make a good 2nd one. This is the first UFC game being done by Yukes. The winner is Fight Night. They release more than a month away from eachother, so maybe you can get both. If you preorder UFC at Target you can get a free $5 gift card when you pick up the game, that's $5 off. Then when you preorder and pick up Fight Night you'll get a $5 gift card to pay for food or anything there that you could use. Good luck.
deadFalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deadFalling
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts

Not sure, but after i played the UFC demo...and dominated my friend, i would go with UFC

SargeGunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SargeGunnerz
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Close your eyes...and picture a slow motion close-up of a knockout haymaker to the face with blood, sweat, and tears flying into the camera and watching the boxer's face get completely distorted as it ripples from the blast.

Now answer that question.

lessthan3james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 lessthan3james
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts
I played the UFC demo last night on my friend's PS3. It was really awesome but did seem like something Id regret purchasing for over $35.
shawnyboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shawnyboy12
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts

I haven't played the UFC demo ( I don't have my 360 back yet) but so far Fight Night looks amazing. I'm not saying it's automatically going to be better because theres no way I could know that at this point, but it just looks awesome. So my pick would be FN4 so far, and I do like boxing better.

SargeGunnerz said it best.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm in the middle at the moment, but will get both at some point in time.

chazza007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chazza007
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

the fight nights get boring after a while and the same thing happens every time

get ufc cuz every time u play it, something else will happen\

fn4 roster-40

undisputed- 80!!!!!!

karatekidsam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 karatekidsam1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I got the fight night demo early cos i preodered it and i have to say its amazing! i dont know how they did it but its blows round 3 out of the water no joke!

shawnyboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shawnyboy12
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts

I got the fight night demo early cos i preodered it and i have to say its amazing! i dont know how they did it but its blows round 3 out of the water no joke!

karatekidsam1
Its out? I really wish my xbox was back from repairs now!
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I hate boxing, so ufc for mehotfiree
I hate UFC, so boxing for me.
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts

Well I played FNR3 & I don't think they can add anything for the game to be better, as it is almost a perfect boxing game. I would have to say UFC from what I've read in some review & the demo reactions.

Supertramp20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Supertramp20
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts

UFC

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

Both look really good, but I have to go with Fight Night Round 4. It looks amazing and I've heard the demo's great. FNR3 was awesome and this one looks even better. I was just looking at the different boxing venues and I'm really impressed. I can't wait until it comes out. Here's a link to the different venues and art design in the game. It looks great:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/05/14/fight-night-round-4-venues.aspx

MrBelveder06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrBelveder06
Member since 2008 • 307 Posts

Go Fight Night

It's kid tested and Mother approved

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

[QUOTE="karatekidsam1"]

shawnyboy12

Its out? I really wish my xbox was back from repairs now!

It's out only for people who have preordered the game, but everyone will be able to download it May 28 regardless of if you've preordered it or not. You just have to wait a little longer.

GiveMeIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 GiveMeIce
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of fighting games. I've played FNR3 through and wasn't too impressed. I decided to give the UFC demo a go a few days ago, and I love it. I've probably put a good 4 hours into the same Shogun vs. Liddell fight and mastered it's hardest difficulty. I can't wait until tuesday for UFC.

SirRiffAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SirRiffAlot
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

After playing the demo for UFC, it was a no brainer. UFC Fo' sho'

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

FN4 may end up being the better game overall but i want UFC more. I will likely end up with both