Trying to help get Killer Instinct on LIve. HELP ME

This topic is locked from further discussion.

phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 phatrick
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts

www.kiforxboxarcade.com

I JUST started this site a few minutes ago. I am trying to get together and find out how many people are interested in this and how many people are willing to voice that interest. Please spread this around and help me have OUR voices heard!

phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 phatrick

Oh and gamespot... anything you guys could do would be great! YOU KNOW YOU WANT THIS GAME! lol

It's just my absolute FAVORITE arcade game from back in da day. and they own rare.... I don't see why we don't have it yet. I just wanted to take a step forward and actually DO something about it

GodLikeLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 GodLikeLee
Member since 2004 • 474 Posts
That would be great I loved that game !
phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 phatrick

That would be great I loved that game !GodLikeLee

Thanks man!

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
That would be a great addition to the arcade line up.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
Didn't Nintendo publish the original Killer Instinct? I think there could be copyright issues.
phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 phatrick

Didn't Nintendo publish the original Killer Instinct? I think there could be copyright issues.EnigmaticBeauty

they published a version of the game... but same thing goes for paperboy. It's rare's IP... and Micro now owns rare!

katseaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 katseaz
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
i want this game sooooo much!!!!!
Chirico_Cuvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Chirico_Cuvie
Member since 2003 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]Didn't Nintendo publish the original Killer Instinct? I think there could be copyright issues.phatrick

they published a version of the game... but same thing goes for paperboy. It's rare's IP... and Micro now owns rare!

Yeah but I remember Nintendo being all over that game. Even the arcade cabinet had Nintendo on it. I'm pretty sure they did more than publish it. Rare made it, but they were in bed with Nintendo that whole time, I'm thinking at most they co-own it. Do you have any facts to back up whether or not Rare owns it outright? I'd bet it's in some limbo where it won't be on the Virtual Console or XBLA.

I hated the game personally. In the 90's, (even today) you couldn't take on Japan in making a fighting game, that was their bread and butter. All Rare did was rip off SF2 and used crappy pre-rendered sprites. It was in the same league as Mortal Kombat and Primal Rage. Really, point out a Western-developed fighting game that remotely compares to SF2.

Tattoo Assassins, there's your great fighter.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
I dont even know what the game is...
phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 phatrick

Ki was about as far from a SF2 rip as they came..... thats is a pretty assinine comment.

Either way... it's a fantastic game.

phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 phatrick
Do you guys know anyway I could get this seen more?! That is the point I'm to. I don't know how to get people interested in this or even know it exsists.
Randini1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Randini1977
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts
[QUOTE="phatrick"]

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]Didn't Nintendo publish the original Killer Instinct? I think there could be copyright issues.Chirico_Cuvie

You are nuttier than a fruitcake on Christmas, dude. Killer Instinct was not even close to Street Fighter 2. Fighting game, was the closest they came in similarity. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. Claiming it was an SF2 ripoff, is just plain retarded.

Yeah but I remember Nintendo being all over that game. Even the arcade cabinet had Nintendo on it. I'm pretty sure they did more than publish it. Rare made it, but they were in bed with Nintendo that whole time, I'm thinking at most they co-own it. Do you have any facts to back up whether or not Rare owns it outright? I'd bet it's in some limbo where it won't be on the Virtual Console or XBLA.

I hated the game personally. In the 90's, (even today) you couldn't take on Japan in making a fighting game, that was their bread and butter. All Rare did was rip off SF2 and used crappy pre-rendered sprites. It was in the same league as Mortal Kombat and Primal Rage. Really, point out a Western-developed fighting game that remotely compares to SF2.

Tattoo Assassins, there's your great fighter.

imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts
Nintendo owns the publishing rights to Killer Instinct. There is no way it is going to appear on other systems. It's a cool game though and remember playing it in the arcade a lot. Killer Instinct 2 wasn't as great, imo.
andrewhateme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 andrewhateme
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
KI and Primal Rage 2 would be kick ass if they get that on XBLA!!
edmakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 edmakel
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts

Oh..yeah!!! 120 hit KILLER KOMBO'S!!! Definitely old school...I burned up the Super NES playing this....Loved the kills that knocked you off the building

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I dont even know what the game is...Shade-Blade

Blasphemy!!!!! :D

Killer Instinct was one of the first fighting games to introduce "dial-a-combo", where combos were made by pre-set button presses, not by actually chaining attacks together. More famously so, it allowed for 50+ hit combos. It was one (if not the first) of Nintendo's Ultra 64 games (that supposedly used the same technology that would be used in the yet-unreleased N64). It had new graphics technology where instead of using polygons for 3D, they used pre-rendered CGI models.

The game had cool graphics and effects (most notably when two projectiles hit each other, hundreds of sparks would fill the screen). A nice bass-y soundtrack, and cool locations like rooftops where you could knock someone and watch them fall to their death. They had fatalities and humiliations and that announcer that yelled out wach combo by name ("hyper combo!", "super combo!")

Good game for its time. The SNES version came up waaaaay short.

Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts
I remember when I first got this game it came with the Killer Instinct sound track on CD. Was the first CD I ever owned (had to play it on my computer as I was still using tape players). Still have it.
phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 phatrick

Nintendo owns the publishing rights to Killer Instinct. There is no way it is going to appear on other systems. It's a cool game though and remember playing it in the arcade a lot. Killer Instinct 2 wasn't as great, imo.imperial_agent

So how is Rare producing KI3 right now?!

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts
I really have to agree. If MS put KI on XBLA that would be cool.
xxmystakalxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xxmystakalxx
Member since 2005 • 505 Posts
we all know i want this game
phatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 phatrick

we all know i want this gamexxmystakalxx

Guys.... really, if there's ANY way you could help me grow this site. I want there to be a HUGE flashing light in Microsofts face pointing to what we want!