Transformers Demo Is Up, Autobots Roll Out!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yeah, GENERATION 1!

DOWNLOAD HERE NOW

I'm downloading now, I'll be here to gush or rant when I come back

EDIT: It is a multiplayer demo

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
I really don't see the hype for this game. Guess I should try the demo before I say anything more................
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

I really don't see the hype for this game. Guess I should try the demo before I say anything more................limpbizkit818

you are going to be shocked at how fun it is.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
when i was getting rdy for class this morning, i tried to DL the demo, but it wasn't up yet! was like 8:30, which sux cuz now im waiting for it to finish DLing....
rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

DLing now, thanks for the heads-up Jay!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy

You're welcome

I played it and I loved it

It's Gears of War controls with COD online progression

The Transformers

More then meets this guy

Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons

The Transformers, robots in disguise

The Transformers, more then meets the eye

Transformers!

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

i thought it was ok,

not bad at all, but its not great either, just a generic 3rd person shooter,

if it wasnt a transformers game then nobody would care

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
reminds me of Unreal Tournament.. more so Unreal Championship 2.. Really fun.. just wish they would of let you mess around with each class : /... the only issue i have with it is, to me, the models looked washed out it color.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

i thought it was ok,

NoDzombie

Fair enough

If you're not a fan of the Gears gameplay or the COD multiplayer I can see how the demo wouldn't be that thrilling

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NoDzombie

[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

i thought it was ok,

Jaysonguy

Fair enough

If you're not a fan of the Gears gameplay or the COD multiplayer I can see how the demo wouldn't be that thrilling

its nothing like gears really, gears is a cover based shooter, this doesnt use cover at all, the only similarity it has with gears is that its 3rd person,

and having a level up/customisation system like mw2 is not really a great thing, its the worst out of all the cod games

having said that im still gonna be buying this game, because i love transformers,

i just dont think the multiplayer seems that great,

its a combination of other games the problem is those other games do it much better

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

i thought it was ok,

NoDzombie

Fair enough

its nothing like gears really, gears is a cover based shooter, this doesnt use cover at all, the only similarity it has with gears is that its 3rd person,

and having a level up/customisation system like mw2 is not really a great thing, its the worst out of all the cod games

having said that im still gonna be buying this game, because i love transformers,

its a combination of other games the problem is those other games do it much better

No, I mean the controls for Gears and the system online for COD that rewards players, I personally don't know how you'd think that reward system online is bad but anyhoo

I and many others don't want the reinvention of the wheel. When it comes to third person controls Gears is the king and when it comes to online multiplayer Modern Warfare owns all. So instead of making their own system which could fail you copy the schemes of the two most popular games on the console and add transformations.

I mean we're getting one small map and two classes, there's not much but the controls are solid and the online progression seems like a good fit.

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts

I saw that they have killstreaks in this game but its not available in the demo..

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoDzombie

[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Fair enough

Jaysonguy

No, I mean the controls for Gears and the system online for COD that rewards players, I personally don't know how you'd think that reward system online is bad but anyhoo

I and many others don't want the reinvention of the wheel. When it comes to third person controls Gears is the king and when it comes to online multiplayer Modern Warfare owns all. So instead of making their own system which could fail you copy the schemes of the two most popular games on the console and add transformations.

I mean we're getting one small map and two classes, there's not much but the controls are solid and the online progression seems like a good fit.

there is a bit of halo in there as well, with the cloak for the scout and the hovering for the warrior,

but yeah, the controlls in general do feel good, the main issue would be that the shooting didnt feel that great,

i played for around an hour and noticed a few glitches in that time, i also felt there were quite a few issues with hit detection

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Dling now, looking forward to playin it.
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Yeah, GENERATION 1!

DOWNLOAD HERE NOW

I'm downloading now, I'll be here to gush or rant when I come back

EDIT: It is a multiplayer demo

id download it of it was a single player demo
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LightColor
i just finished playing it, and man was it crazy fun lol imo n wayz just real great my fav part was just jumping in the air and transforming to vehicle or robot form just the best lol the shooting is pretty good i think, but the spinning melee atk is really annoying... lol
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#17 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Just started downloading it. :D
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
I played it and got bored after about 5 minutes.This game is not for me.
zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

That demo was awesome! I thought the game was going to be terrible, but I can't wait for it now.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
It was fun at first but it got stale real fast. Couldn't help but notice that the soldier class easily overpowers the scout class. It's very unbalanced. The visuals are lackluster but judging from the size of the demo, they probably compressed it. Hopefully the final product looks a lot better. If anything WFC plays more like Unreal Tournament 3 with COD online progression. The choice of colors are really odd. Most of the time I couldn't even see where my teammates or opponents were.. and again, the graphics did not help...
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I really hope this game is good. I really want a good transformers game, how long is the demo?
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
I really hope this game is good. I really want a good transformers game, how long is the demo?GrandJury
Sadly, it's a multi-player demo. I was hoping for an SP demo.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I don't see how the soldier class is overpowered compared to the scout class, I can't kill anybody with a soldier, but as soon as I played scout I was doing decent to good, still loving it, put a couple hours into it already. I love it.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LightColor
the scout class kinda plays w/ the halo formula, u would use melee then shoot them, or shoot then melee, but u don't really need to rely on melee to kill anything as a scout, i think both classes r pretty well balanced, i could kill just fine with either class
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Now I'm slightly disappointed that I turned off my Xbox, haha.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

the scout class kinda plays w/ the halo formula, u would use melee then shoot them, or shoot then melee, but u don't really need to rely on melee to kill anything as a scout, i think both classes r pretty well balanced, i could kill just fine with either classLightColor

Maybe thats why it just clicks with me, because that is my basic strategy, cloak, melee, shoot. Works everytime, except when there are more than one person around, the it just fire like crazy.

bigpapi342007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bigpapi342007
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
not that great
hXcShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hXcShock
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

It was fun at first but it got stale real fast. Couldn't help but notice that the soldier class easily overpowers the scout class. It's very unbalanced. The visuals are lackluster but judging from the size of the demo, they probably compressed it. Hopefully the final product looks a lot better. If anything WFC plays more like Unreal Tournament 3 with COD online progression. The choice of colors are really odd. Most of the time I couldn't even see where my teammates or opponents were.. and again, the graphics did not help...Elian2530

I have no problem taking out soldiers with the scout class, just make good use of the dash move and they find it impossible to hit you, very fun plus once more abilities, kill streaks and weapons are unlocked I'm sure I'll have no problem destroying everything that moves with my scout. The ability that makes you stronger when cloakin end lets you take out a soldier in 4 blasts from a shotty so it's not unbalanced at all.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

the demo was cool but in the actual game i hope u can change your transformers look

hXcShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hXcShock
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

the demo was cool but in the actual game i hope u can change your transformers look

redskins26rocs

if you took a small bit of your time to read, it says in the full game you can
or maybe watch some of the interviews and previews..

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

i wasn't expecting much on the multiplayer side but the demo proved me wrong. its a blast just to navigate the maps. campaign will be epic!

DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

i thought it was ok,

Fair enough

I am pretty sure CoD 3 didnt have a level up system (in the new CoD way), which means WaW, MW, and MW2 share the same level up mechanic. Its the same.
DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
I am excited, played the Demo and was not disappointed. Its definetly a step up from the previous two games. And we have only played a very small portion with a very small amount of customization options.
InjuredStraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 InjuredStraw
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

demo is fun as anything, finally something to get me off of mw2

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Im getting this
kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
it was a decent demo but i was expecting alot more with all the hype. this is barely gen1. more like micheal bay had a hand in it. only a little resemblence to characters. the tv show had plenty of pre earth clips of the bots to pull images from but it looks like they went on their own for the most part. the thing that really gets me is that they talked so much about going old school and doing it right and they didnt care for the direction of the movies and they end up using the lousy movie transforming sound. thats what makes the transformers is the sound of them. they changed it in the movie and again in the games. get that right and their half way their in my opinion. maybe the next remake will get it right. play wise its only ok. maybe the full game will give you more but im not getting my hopes up.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

It was fun at first but it got stale real fast. Couldn't help but notice that the soldier class easily overpowers the scout class. It's very unbalanced. The visuals are lackluster but judging from the size of the demo, they probably compressed it. Hopefully the final product looks a lot better. If anything WFC plays more like Unreal Tournament 3 with COD online progression. The choice of colors are really odd. Most of the time I couldn't even see where my teammates or opponents were.. and again, the graphics did not help...Elian2530

Thats not true. I don't think you came across a scout that had picked up a mini gun. They are very tough to kill if the guy knows how to play. It seemed that its pretty balanced. Once the game is out and the other two classes can be tried we'll see more about balance. I thought the visuals were pretty good actually. Its only one map and two characters. The game does play like Unreal, with COD progression,Team fortress classes, and their very own twist, transforming. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. It is a ton of fun. I guess growing up on G1 transformers helped too. I can't wait to buy this.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

I just played this with a buddy and all either of us could say was day one purchase. I have high hopes for the full game.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It was alright, for about 30 minutes. After that, the novelty wore off a little. Hardcore transformer fans should have some good time. ;)

Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Yeah, I'm a HUGE TFan and I thought the demo was pretty solid. The controls felt sharp and responsive; there was very little effort for me to transform, fly off a ramp, return to robot form and start shooting it up--all with a fantastic fluidity. My only problem was that after around a half hour, I felt like I had absorbed all there was to the game. Now granted it IS a demo and thus only meant to left us wanting more, but this is definitely a sceptic buy for me. I'll probably end up renting it, and if I'm still hooked, I might buy. Still have to pick up Red Dead Redemption though...

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#42 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts

Up and running, it's actually really fun.Probably gonna buy it when it comes out.