Too Legit To Quit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Blaiyan
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

Is it possible for me to even get to Wave 10 in Gears of War 2's Horde Mode without half my team leaving for no reason? Or not have a teammate running around in a gun fight instead of staying with your team and taking cover? You know, working together? Now maybe Geow2 shouldn't have 50 waves as nobody really wants to stay that long (and the movement is slow and stiff) understandably but come on folks. Why are you even playing this mode if you don't intend to go the distance? I wouldn't complain if this was a rare occurence but it's every single time I play it.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

Is it possible for me to even get to Wave 10 in Gears of War 2's Horde Mode without half my team leaving for no reason? Or not have a teammate running around in a gun fight instead of staying with your team and taking cover? You know, working together? Now maybe Geow2 shouldn't have 50 waves as nobody really wants to stay that long (and the movement is slow and stiff) understandably but come on folks. Why are you even playing this mode if you don't intend to go the distance? I wouldn't complain if this was a rare occurence but it's every single time I play it.

Blaiyan
Getting to Wave 50 alone is tough with a full squad. I haven't been in a random matchmaking game that didn't have people quit. I've made it to wave 36 with two people left. Me and another player. We were shielding it up and doing the best we can.. but not enough man power. People quit all the time. 100% of the time, 1-4 players will quit before Wave 50. That's even if you get that far.
BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
This is exactly why I don't play with randoms. They either quit, don't help out at all or don't communicate. Try making some friends on the official Gears forums or here on gamespot and I'm sure you'll have much better results.
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

lol, thought this had something to do with the movie 'Hot Rod' for a second, but yea, its possible, but people get really annoyed by the lag

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#5 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

This actually happens in the majority of games that you need partners, sometimes they have soething to do or sometimes they're connection drops, either way its pointless but sometimes people do have legit reasons for leaving.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
People always quit in public games. They never stay for all 50. You need to grab some friends to help you if you wanna get to 50.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#7 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Most of the time I just play with my friends when I want to play horde. Like you said, most people quit fast and you'd be lucky to have anyone who works together if they don't quit.