Too Human thoughts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ply74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ply74
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
I was just wondering what everyones thoughts on Too Human is so far. Do you think they will release the game they intended since they had to build an engine from scratch? Do you think it will be great or a great flop? I preordered along time ago before it was delayed so i was just wondering your thoughts on it.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
It looks great so far.
Eye_See

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Eye_See
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
It will never be released.
ply74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ply74
I agree on the coop aspect it should be coop localy aswell not just on xboxlive. I heard it was an action/rpg hybrid where did you get the hunting and gathering info so i can check it out at Giff1988?
gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gm0n3y
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts
For some reason I think this game is going to fall flat on its face. I remember seeing demos of it with massive lag and I dunno, I just think it's gonna be a flop. You gotta feel bad for the people who have worked so long and hard on it.
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

I agree on the coop aspect it should be coop localy aswell not just on xboxlive. I heard it was an action/rpg hybrid where did you get the hunting and gathering info so i can check it out at Giff1988?ply74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzwfjmOXGNI

This is one but... he goes more in depth about the hunting and gathering, comparing it to games like world of war craft and Diablo in this one...... i think.....

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748783/vids_1.html

I'm pretty sure the two with Dyak talking goes more in depth about the Hunting and Gathering aspects, I watched it recently but IGN takes way to long to load on my computer to double check for ya, sorry.

Edit: Some reason my response above was deleted so...... I guess I'll post it again....

Well my expectations have been changed. I thought it was an action adventure game. In fact it's a hunting and gathering game. Seeing all the stuff from there recent press event really has me interested and is personally one of my most anticipated games.

There are however two things that can hold it back. Length, I want a decently length single player experience. Also split screen co-op or some form of co-op on the same console. All I've heard so far is Online co-op.... I don't use online to play Co- op. If I can't play this game with my brothers and friends on a coach then.... it looses a lot of it's appeal.

ply74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ply74
Thanks for the links they were good. I haven't seen these and think it does look well. Only thing i'm unsure of if the 3 part series for too human is going to work like it did for halo. If the 1st game does rock like it looks, it does have the potential then it may go well and be kinda the new halo of a different type of gameplay. Anyways the videos made me feel a little assured that i didn't waste my cash. thanks
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Giff1988

Thanks for the links they were good. I haven't seen these and think it does look well. Only thing i'm unsure of if the 3 part series for too human is going to work like it did for halo. If the 1st game does rock like it looks, it does have the potential then it may go well and be kinda the new halo of a different type of gameplay. Anyways the videos made me feel a little assured that i didn't waste my cash. thanksply74

It all depends on the story in my opinion. If the first game has a good satisfying ending I'll be fine, but if they pull a halo 2 I'll be very disappointed.... just based on the fact I dont think there will be a sequel. Sure I'm going to buy it, but reading the forums and monitoring the limited amount of buzz, this game is going to end up just like Okami and Pscohnauts, critically acclaimed but real poor sales.

So I hope they wrap up any story threads they start and just hint at new directions the sequels can go in.

ply74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ply74
Well the story sounds like they got it down. The 2nd game is supposed to be about revenge so i'm guessing the ending of the first will probably piss me off. However they did assure that the 2nd game will NOT take this long to come out since they have been working on it aswell. The 3rd game is supposed to be about Enlightenment or whatever that's supposed to mean. I guess they mean closure. So it looks like they'll be hinting and giving direction. Silicon knights does know how to tell a story, but can they present it in the game to where it matters or keeps you interested is the Q.
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giff1988

Well the story sounds like they got it down. The 2nd game is supposed to be about revenge so i'm guessing the ending of the first will probably piss me off. However they did assure that the 2nd game will NOT take this long to come out since they have been working on it aswell. The 3rd game is supposed to be about Enlightenment or whatever that's supposed to mean. I guess they mean closure. So it looks like they'll be hinting and giving direction. Silicon knights does know how to tell a story, but can they present it in the game to where it matters or keeps you interested is the Q.ply74

I don't think that will be a problem. I never actually played Eternal Darkness, I saw my brother playing it, and saw a skeleton and a giant green light talking..... being intrigue I sat down and got the whole run down what was going on. I would go on to watch my brother play that entire game just based on the fact I was so impressed with the story and the cutscenes.

Also being the history and mythology geek that I am, I'm very curios to see where Silicon Knights takes the Norse Mythology.

Well that's all I can really say about the game as of now, Hope it's a success and that we get all three games.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

i have my doubts. they were not able to convince me thus far... but i'll keep a eye on it.

I have a feeling this game is cursed... bad animations, cluncky controls, graphicall troubles and insecure developers that try really hard to convince us the game will be great... and i have the feeling they are trying too much in 1 game (master of none)

YoniKunda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YoniKunda
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts
Could be a fun dungeon crawler if there's heaps of ways to upgrade your character, but on the other hand if there wasn't all the hype and controversy surrounding this game it probably would have faded into obscurity.
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts
I see the potential for where this can go. I'm getting a "WoW for consoles" feel every time I see more videos about coop. Dyack knows what he's doing with the story and I'm not worried there. One good point that's always refreshing to hear: there's no loading - seamless transitions between gameplay and cinematics. It's my most anticipated game right under Alan Wake for a reason. Oh, and to the person who said it won't be released - this is encouraging: http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=744493&auth=STEVE+TILLEY The latest 1up Yours has a hands-on preview if you're interested (at around 56 min. in): http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149993
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts
It all depends on the story in my opinion. If the first game has a good satisfying ending I'll be fine, but if they pull a halo 2 I'll be very disappointed.... just based on the fact I dont think there will be a sequel. Sure I'm going to buy it, but reading the forums and monitoring the limited amount of buzz, this game is going to end up just like Okami and Pscohnauts, critically acclaimed but real poor sales.

So I hope they wrap up any story threads they start and just hint at new directions the sequels can go in.

Giff1988

Well it's one of the most expensive games ever made. So it will probably have a huge marketing campaign.

About the story. I think Dennis has said that each game will have an individual full fledged story, but there will also be a story that runs trough the entire triology.

Too Human is one of my most anticipated games of 2008, and hopefully it will be as good as DD wants you to think it is.

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Giff1988
[QUOTE="Giff1988"]It all depends on the story in my opinion. If the first game has a good satisfying ending I'll be fine, but if they pull a halo 2 I'll be very disappointed.... just based on the fact I dont think there will be a sequel. Sure I'm going to buy it, but reading the forums and monitoring the limited amount of buzz, this game is going to end up just like Okami and Pscohnauts, critically acclaimed but real poor sales.

_Tobli_

Well it's one of the most expensive games ever made. So it will probably have a huge marketing campaign.

About the story. I think Dennis has said that each game will have an individual full fledged story, but there will also be a story that runs trough the entire triology.

Too Human is one of my most anticipated games of 2008, and hopefully it will be as good as DD wants you to think it is.

I dont know if I would say one of the most expensive games every made but still....

M$ could end up marketing this like Blue Dragon. Instead of localizing and putting any effort into Blue Draon's marketing we got Halo radio ad's and gamer fule posers month's befor Halo 3 was even due.

M$ is notrious for picking favorites when it comes to marketing dollars. My money is that littel ol' Too Human is going to get short changed in marketing dollars and Ninja Gaiden, (another game that's been anounced comming out in 08 and being published by M$) will get all the marketing dollars. I doubt a small indie company like Silcon Knights has the money to push there product.

Again we'll have to see, the ball's in M$'s court on whether or not this game flops and if you ask me..... they will drop the ball.

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
game looks like it could be amazing... They kep comparing it to PSO which for me is a awesome thing. I played that game forever and it was a lot of fun. Also cant wait for the demo 2 months before its released....
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _Tobli_
I dont know if I would say one of the most expensive games every made but still....

M$ could end up marketing this like Blue Dragon. Instead of localizing and putting any effort into Blue Draon's marketing we got Halo radio ad's and gamer fule posers month's befor Halo 3 was even due.

M$ is notrious for picking favorites when it comes to marketing dollars. My money is that littel ol' Too Human is going to get short changed in marketing dollars and Ninja Gaiden, (another game that's been anounced comming out in 08 and being published by M$) will get all the marketing dollars. I doubt a small indie company like Silcon Knights has the money to push there product.

Again we'll have to see, the ball's in M$'s court on whether or not this game flops and if you ask me..... they will drop the ball.

Giff1988

Calling SC an indy developer...Well that's a new one.

As for my statement about it's development costs.

Development history

Too Human was originally in development for the PlayStation as a 5-disc action-adventure game. It was shown at E3 1999, but shortly before its completion Nintendo announced an exclusive partnership with Silicon Knights, and the game was moved to the Nintendo GameCube in 2000. A teaser trailer was shown at SpaceWorld 2000 showing what appeared to be a re-building of the PlayStation game. The game never surfaced though, and the partnership between the two companies was ended. After this, the title was still thought to be in development for the GameCube, but those plans have since been canceled.

In the May 2005 issue of EGM, Silicon Knights announced a partnership with publisher Microsoft to develop a trilogy revolving around the Too Human universe exclusively for the Xbox 360 Wiki

shaane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 shaane
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts

i have my doubts. they were not able to convince me thus far... but i'll keep a eye on it.

I have a feeling this game is cursed... bad animations, cluncky controls, graphicall troubles and insecure developers that try really hard to convince us the game will be great... and i have the feeling they are trying too much in 1 game (master of none)

Always-Honest
same here
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Giff1988
[QUOTE="Giff1988"]I dont know if I would say one of the most expensive games every made but still....

_Tobli_

Calling SC an indy developer...Well that's a new one.

As for my statement about it's development costs.

Development history

Too Human was originally in development for the PlayStation as a 5-disc action-adventure game. It was shown at E3 1999, but shortly before its completion Nintendo announced an exclusive partnership with Silicon Knights, and the game was moved to the Nintendo GameCube in 2000. A teaser trailer was shown at SpaceWorld 2000 showing what appeared to be a re-building of the PlayStation game. The game never surfaced though, and the partnership between the two companies was ended. After this, the title was still thought to be in development for the GameCube, but those plans have since been canceled.

In the May 2005 issue of EGM, Silicon Knights announced a partnership with publisher Microsoft to develop a trilogy revolving around the Too Human universe exclusively for the Xbox 360 Wiki

Well guess that's what I get for posting before I know all of the facts. Your were right on both accounts. Acording to Wiki, Nintendo still has a stake in the company. Also this blog gives a better sense of Too Human's long history. http://blogs.ign.com/silicon-knights/2007/06/28/58660/

But I'm still sticking to my theroy that M$ is going to fumble with the marketing and the games going to flop sales wise. The Hunting and Gathering genre is just not that big on consoles. And I dont belive M$ will publish the next 2 games if Too Human dose not meet expectations.

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _Tobli_
Well guess that's what I get for posting before I know all of the facts. Your were right on both accounts. Acording to Wiki, Nintendo still has a stake in the company. Also this blog gives a better sense of Too Human's long history. http://blogs.ign.com/silicon-knights/2007/06/28/58660/

But I'm still sticking to my theroy that M$ is going to fumble with the marketing and the games going to flop sales wise. The Hunting and Gathering genre is just not that big on consoles. And I dont belive M$ will publish the next 2 games if Too Human dose not meet expectations.

Giff1988

Hmm hunter and gathering genre. Isn't that just one of the things DD used to explain how the game has RPG elements. To stop all the people who were saying "this GOW/DMC/NG wannabe sucks"?

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Giff1988
[QUOTE="Giff1988"]Well guess that's what I get for posting before I know all of the facts. Your were right on both accounts. Acording to Wiki, Nintendo still has a stake in the company. Also this blog gives a better sense of Too Human's long history. http://blogs.ign.com/silicon-knights/2007/06/28/58660/

_Tobli_

Hmm hunter and gathering genre. Isn't that just one of the things DD used to explain how the game has RPG elements. To stop all the people who were saying "this GOW/DMC/NG wannabe sucks"?

Denis stated in a recent interview, that there Goal with Too Human is to take Hunting and Gathering games like Diablo and World of Warcraft and instead of point and click gameplay, fuse it with action. I'm almost postive it's in that IGN video that I linked on the first page.... almost positve, I looked at quite a bit of interviews after there press event so I may be wrong.

fire_birdn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fire_birdn99
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts
this is going to be a sweet game,........if only they can stop experimenting with the camera....and let us have a 3rd person camera view ........i dont know....how the camera will affect the game.....but i dont think it will be revolutionary.....and the gameplay is good but lacks polish.......considering theyre not even close to production....its ok ......but the gameplay animations...and those robots look so fake and unreal.......mainly because of epic
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
eh
Rockingtime75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rockingtime75
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts
I have few worries. These guys produced Eternal Darkness. Enough said.
fifty56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fifty56
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts
this game looks amazing it has an original concept game play looks fluent and nice ya i think this games gonna own
Icekxg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Icekxg
Member since 2003 • 1060 Posts
This game seems like a hit or miss. It's either going to be addictive as hell or boring as crap in a bag. As much as I want to believe that this game is going to rock (alright story line, tons of weapons/armor, diablo like gameplay with action game controls), I also know that this game has been stuck in development hell for a long time. And we know how mostly all these games end up. Hell, I remember hearing about Too Human coming out back on the PSX, I mean isn't that as long as Duke Nukem Forever has been around???
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
i think the game looks pretty amazing.. i can't wait until it comes out
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
Looks like a good game to play co-op with my friends or my bro :).
Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

This game is going to end up just like Okami and Psychonaughts, critically acclaimed, but real poor sales.Giff1988

Both of which are sitting on my shelf.

I haven't been too excited for this game, but I will give it a try around the same time Spore comes out. . .

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
I'm not too sure on this game to be honest. It looks good but its been delayed for way too long for me to care for it. I did want it but I'm swaying on it now.
Cobalt75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cobalt75
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts
I don't care if it is ever released. The trailerbored me, the only game trailer to ever do that.
Jam_FDUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jam_FDUK
Member since 2005 • 904 Posts
I think it's a bit too early to tell for me, but it's definately snagged my interest.
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
I was just wondering what everyones thoughts on Too Human is so far. Do you think they will release the game they intended since they had to build an engine from scratch? Do you think it will be great or a great flop? I preordered along time ago before it was delayed so i was just wondering your thoughts on it. ply74
looks pretty good, i hope it gets a multiplayer
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
This is on my radar big time I hope they pull it off I really do!!
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
I think it has the potential to be great, and i hope it is.
Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
It looks like it is going to have potential. I would like for it to be good because I think I have been tracking it for over a year, but I am not going to get my hopes up for it may get totally dashed.
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts

I'm not trying to flame anyone or Too Human but I'll give my personal opinion. I think this game is overhyped and will disappoint many people in that process. The game doesn't seem like it plays well and the graphics don't look like anything special. Character doesn't look too appealing also. However, this is strictly my opinion and one opinion's not gonna do anything anyway lol.