Too Human - Good enough for a Trilogy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Icekxg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Icekxg
Member since 2003 • 1060 Posts
Just watched The 1UP Show, episode 107 (25:28 into the video) where they have a nice discussion about the game, video, and interview with Denis Dyack. While the game sounds fun, looks ok, and supposed to have that Diablo addictiveness (I'll hold final thoughts for when the game is actually released, or a demo is given), I can't help but wonder if this game is really Trilogy material. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm all down for more of a great game, if it turns out great. I know it's too early to tell, but from all the videos and previews, I just don't see too many people being interested in this game long enough to stick around for the whole trilogy. I'm thinking it may do better for Silicon Knights to make the extra games as DLC instead. Thoughts?
skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 skivit
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

Not even sure if its good enough to be made at all to be fair, but then again with each new glimpse of this game i think more and more of it, so maybe it will be a good game maybe it wont.

I dont think we can judge whether its good enough for a trilogy until we complete the first one.

Icekxg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Icekxg
I think the game looks good enough to be made, I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are going to buy this game at day one. Just like I'm sure that there are a lot of people sitting on the fence for this one. If anything, when the demo comes out on XBLM, a lot of people those people will make their decision off of that, so hopefully SK puts out one heck of a demo.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
I'm interested in the game, but the lack of news, previews, developer commentaries and the constant delays make that interest fade. I'm curious to see how it turns out, but I'm not overly optimistic.
shiram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shiram
Member since 2005 • 672 Posts
it looks interesting, i'll definately keep an eye out for the review
but its way too early to talk about a trilogy
Icekxg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Icekxg
I don't think it's too early to talk about a trilogy when the Developer themselves are planning on this game being a trilogy from the beginning. In those regards, it makes you think how much of the story are they going to skimp on because they already want to do two more games after this one.
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

it looks interesting, i'll definately keep an eye out for the review
but its way too early to talk about a trilogy
shiram

Well Dennis D wants it to become a triology, and the material is definetly enough to validate a triology.

The Too Human universe is huge so i have no idea why you think it would be possible to use episodic content or something like that. It just wouldn't work. If it is as good as DD want's me to think it is it deserves a triology just as much as Mass Effect does.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

Trilogys are the in-thing these days. Mass Effect's also going for "we've decided we're doing a trilogy before the first game has even released". To me, it just seems like they're coming up with an excuse for a cliffhanger ending before the game's released so people can't complain.

As for Too Human, I'm not sure about it. Silicon Knights have a fairly good reputation, but this game's development has been dogged by so many problems that I refuse to raise any sort of hope for it. Better to be pessimistic and surprised than optimistic and disappointed.

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Tobli_

I don't think it's too early to talk about a trilogy when the Developer themselves are planning on this game being a trilogy from the beginning. In those regards, it makes you think how much of the story are they going to skimp on because they already want to do two more games after this one.Icekxg

Skimp on the story? Are we talking about the same game?

Each of the tree will have individual full fledged stories + one continous story trough the triology(this isn't Halo :lol: ). Granted that the triology is made. Wich depends on sales if i remember DD's statements correctly.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
This is Silicon Knights, it'll be amazing.
ashuncc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ashuncc2
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
Trilogy? The game hasn't even gone gold. And with at the litigation circling the company and competitors, I wonder if it will even be released. Haha, I want to at least play the game before commenting on a trilogy.
Icekxg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Icekxg

Skimp on the story? Are we talking about the same game?

Each of the tree will have individual full fledged stories + one continous story trough the triology(this isn't Halo :lol: ). Granted that the triology is made. Wich depends on sales if i remember DD's statements correctly.

_Tobli_

I understand that there's supposed to be three full fledged stories, but I'm not getting the feeling that it's as massive as Dyack would like. I mean, and not to start a war here, but Mass Effect is HUGE. I get that. Why, because it's been platered everywhere. All the interviews/previews, game videos, and what other articles tell you and show you just how huge the game is.

The only thing you really see on Too Human is hear about how this game is not what everyone thinks.That's nice. I get it, this game is not Devil May Cry. This game is based on Norse methology with a twist. Got that. Tell me why it's supposed to be gigantic then. Why is it that they cannot fit the whole story on the first run. Are they fleshing out the whole story so much that they can't fit into one game?

I don't want to sound like I'm flaming the game, but for how passionate DD feels about this game, I don't think a lot of people feel the same way.

blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
All the things they talk about sound good on paper, but then I see the characters in action and I worry. The combat looks simple and the animations are god aweful. I don't see how a game who's chief gameplay element is combat can get away with that, and I don't think they will...
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

It looks so...eh.

Maybe a hack n slash rental.

They try to say its not a hack and slash, but cmon...it is.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
to tell you the truth when i saw the latest gameplay clips of Too Human i was very disapointed, i really do not like how the gameplay is shaping up.
TWOC2689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 TWOC2689
Member since 2006 • 866 Posts
I feel like it is Xbox's answer to God of War. Hopefully it will be good but all I've really heard is This row With Epic and the Unreal Engine and that is not a good sign.
GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
for some reason it reminds me of a mass effect knockoff but i think it might be pretty good who knows...good enough for a trilogy...i doubt it
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
This game could be good. I'll wait till it comes out though. I'll wait for reviews and a demo.
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
If you didn't know, it has been in developement for 10 years, it better be good!
Halo_Master95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Halo_Master95
Member since 2006 • 300 Posts
did u say something about this being like diablo?
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
If you didn't know, it has been in developement for 10 years, it better be good!callen3
I've heard. This game was originally suppose to launch on the PS1, then Gamecube, and now finally it makes a perfect fit to the 360. However, that doesn't mean it'll be that good. Look at Kameo. That game was developed for the N64, then it got canned. It was gonna go to gamecube and it got canned again. Then, the original Xbox but then it made a quick leap to the 360. That game came out good but with little flaws like "TOO SHORT"! It took so many years to make a game thats 10 hours long! I'm not saying that Too Human would be the same as Kameo. I'm actually looking forward to this.
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts

I can't really say. It looks like a great game, but to determine if it's good for a trilogy I gotta see the story line first.

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _Tobli_
I understand that there's supposed to be three full fledged stories, but I'm not getting the feeling that it's as massive as Dyack would like. I mean, and not to start a war here, but Mass Effect is HUGE. I get that. Why, because it's been platered everywhere. All the interviews/previews, game videos, and what other articles tell you and show you just how huge the game is.

The only thing you really see on Too Human is hear about how this game is not what everyone thinks.That's nice. I get it, this game is not Devil May Cry. This game is based on Norse methology with a twist. Got that. Tell me why it's supposed to be gigantic then. Why is it that they cannot fit the whole story on the first run. Are they fleshing out the whole story so much that they can't fit into one game?

I don't want to sound like I'm flaming the game, but for how passionate DD feels about this game, I don't think a lot of people feel the same way.

Icekxg

Well DD had to say those things over, and over instead of promoting the game because 10000000000000+ morons kept spouting nonsense. You should read the Too Human Blog on IGN.

Link

As for an explenation why it needs a triology. Hmm i think they mentioned it in a video once. Something about portraying the immense ammount of fiction that the Norse Myth has to offer. I might try to look for it.

It looks so...eh.

Maybe a hack n slash rental.

They try to say its not a hack and slash, but cmon...it is.Soul_Tak3r

No....Just no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#25 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde