Titanfall fun, but.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I played the Titanfall beta and had a great time. I got home with it tonight, installed it and played for about an hour reaching level 7. I think that it is a very fun game, but to be perfectly honest I see this game as something I could play for 30 minutes to an hour and be totally satisfied. It just doesn't seem to have all that deep of a combat learning curve and the matches are over far to quickly. Plus the amount of unlocks is really quite paltry when compared to Ghosts or BF4. This is not a (9) game in my mind. I'd say its a 8 and is given far too much hype!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

I disagree. I played the crap out of the beta and played about 3 hours tonight and am only stopping because I need sleep. Quality over quantity every day. And who care that theres not 97 different guns? In ghosts 90% of the players end up using the same 4-5 guns anyways.

The 9 is justified for me since it took a successful formula or multiplayer shooters and added some great new elements. Moving around as a pilot is incredible, and having to navigate the titans is great fun. Shooters all get stale after a while, but 15 maps will help with that. From what Ive seen all of them are pretty good.

Anyways time will tell. The real test for me will be if this game will take me away from my nightly Dota2 obsession. At least tonight it did.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I see what you're saying. I don't have access to the game yet, but I also think about the long run as well, will the game be able to hold me down for months on end and continue to be fun or will it start to grow stale quickly? Only time will tell I guess.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I see what you're saying. I don't have access to the game yet, but I also think about the long run as well, will the game be able to hold me down for months on end and continue to be fun or will it start to grow stale quickly? Only time will tell I guess.

I cant speak for others but im hooked... Now how long it will keep me that way i dont know, but having a blast right meow. The maps are great well made, im looking forward to jumping back on for some late night gaming.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#5 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm having fun with it, but indeed, I'm not playing it obsessively. I like the Campaign multiplayer alot-- it adds a great dimension.

It's missing some modes, though--

1. Pure pilot combat-- they should have included a straight-up infantry deathmatch mode with no Titans.

2. Free for all.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I wish this was a SP game.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre

@sukraj said:

I wish this was a SP game.

To be honest the universe doesn't seem all that appealing to me, I reckon a SP campaign would of damaged the scores and feeling to the game.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I think with it being their first game it was nice to just focus on multiplayer. I think the Titanfall universe is ripe for a single player mode in titanfall 2. Just hearing about everything in the art book just screams of it. But I don't want straight up singlepalyer, id like to see co-op campaign (2-4 players).

On topic, yeah I don't see Titanfall holding me down for long gaming sessions. Just maybe an hour of time. I see it as something to play when I don't have my squad on battlefield 4. Or when I get dark souls 2 ill just say Xbox watch tv (have 360 connected instead of tv), play some dark souls 2, get frustrated and then go back to Titanfall.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre

@BigBadBully said:

I think with it being their first game it was nice to just focus on multiplayer.

Not really their first game, creators of Call of Duty remember.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@BattleSpectre: yes but they were part of a bigger staff when doing call of duty, isn't Respawn a small team? I will assume they'll get more people hired and grow when doing Titanfall 2.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BattleSpectre

@BigBadBully: Yeah you're right, they are a team of former Infinity Ward staff, so I doubt it's a massive group. If they grow and expand imagine Titanfall 2, maybe it'll even have a single-player campaign this time around, and a multiplatform release (meaning on PS4 too).

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Titanfall is a blast, but as with any type of game like this I can not play it more that a few days, then I need a break. Then after playing something else I will come back for a few more days.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I enjoyed it and plan on playing it more once I get home. The hype was justified in my opinion it turned out to be a great game and it actually function unlike BF4. I was a little worried when I heard about server issues but they seem to be resolved.

DarkPoacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DarkPoacher
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have not been excited or had a game that held my interest for more than a few days since GRAW, COD 2 and the first GOW. I played the beta and could not get enough, actually counted down the release day. On midnight release I played from 2am to noon the next day.....I purchsed Halo 3 and GOW 2 on releease and did not open for COUPLE OF DAYS, and when I did, they were only played a few hours. I know everyone will not love the game, but I can say it is a breath of fresh air to FPS, and will transform this now casual gamer, back into the once gamer guy who had his picture and highscore on the back of NINtendo Power, as a kid!!!

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Guys the FACTS are simply this.....Titanfall = 6.1 Metacritic player score! 1100+ PLAYERS say TF is average and it is in fact that.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Guys the FACTS are simply this.....Titanfall = 6.1 Metacritic player score! 1100+ PLAYERS say TF is average and it is in fact that.

A score is a score, what matters is if you're having fun with a game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's enjoyed a game that scored below average reviews.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: Yes because semi-exclusive games arent plagued by fanboys. Also the game had some minor server issues and people probably had a tantrum and rated it poorly based on that.

balto70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 balto70
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS:

I see what you're saying. I think it's a lot of fun and I'm having a great time with it, but it does feel bare bones. But I really think it probably came down to an issue of time, and a lot of things will be added as time goes on. I think if they spent tons of time on different weapons, game modes, more selective party features, and things like that, it would have taken away from what they needed to do just to make the game fun to play. If people played it and just didn't think the game was any fun and there wasn't any potential there, then no one would have interest if they added features or not. It's fun now, and I can see a lot of potential for the future. I just hope they make it for PlayStation next time, so maybe some of the animosity towards them will die down a little.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

A score is a score, what matters is if you're having fun with a game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's enjoyed a game that scored below average reviews.

Exactly.. I have loved many games that have had low scores... seeing some one say OMG ONLY 6.1! DONT GET IT GUYYYZ, doesnt really matter to me. I will be the judge if I like it or not.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

That score is a joke 1100 people, over 2 million played the beta. Look at Dark Souls 2, I would give that game a 0 because I hate that type of game, but obviously a lot of people like it.