Titanfall framerate awful!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Billabong2121 (377 posts) -

I dont know if its just me but this game has really bad framerate issues, im playing on the xbox one and i find that the screens tears or ripples sometimes, especially if alot is going on, does everyone notice this or is it just me?

#2 Posted by BattleSpectre (7774 posts) -

Indeed it does. What you're experiencing is just the game, I also notice the screen tearing/framerate and I've been noticing some weird things with the graphics too. But having said that I do play on a 60" TV so I'm bound to notice little issues within the game (game being at 792p doesn't help either). Respawn are rumoured to release a patch which will up the resolution of the game, so fingers crossed.

#3 Posted by Billabong2121 (377 posts) -

Thats good to know, yea i thought it was just me, i was like this is shit i paid 500 for this thing to be glitchy.

#4 Posted by adders99 (2617 posts) -

Yeah I have noticed it alot also... its strange since I didnt notice any of it in the beta!

#5 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14826 posts) -

It's still being optimized from what I heard. It could be dipping due to the slow DDR3 memory.

I say use the 32mb of eSRAM for 1080p and take off AA.

#6 Edited by rrjim1 (973 posts) -

I notice it once in a while and IMO it's my internet connection causing the problem.

Planet, DDR3 memory is not slow, what do you think a PC uses. It moves smaller amounts of data faster, what the CPU needs.

#7 Edited by BattleSpectre (7774 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet: I heard that's one of their options they're considering, 1080p with no AA. Personally I wouldn't even mind 900p with 2x MXAA.

#8 Posted by ankor77 (1081 posts) -

Ive been playing a ton and have not noticed a lot of chugging. I have noticed it a few times in last titan standing when something crazy happens, but that's about it. It has not affected my gameplay at all, yet.

And as rrjim1 said I doubt the DDR3 is the problem. Same my awesome gaming PC uses and titanfall runs great on it(from beta). Most of these games are extremely dependent on the GPU and both new consoles GPU are midrange at best in PC standards. Having said that Im sure with some further optimization Respawn can get the framerate more steady.

#9 Posted by slimdogmilionar (765 posts) -

I get lag every once in a while but no screen tears yet. I played for six hours straight yesterday with only one significant frame drop that I could think of and it was on Last Titan Standing.

#10 Posted by donalbane (16382 posts) -

A bit, but nothing terrible or game breaking in my experience.

#11 Edited by rrjim1 (973 posts) -

I get lag every once in a while, I blame it on my internet, as my PC does the same thing. When this happens if I check my modem internet light real quick it is red just for a few seconds.

#12 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

@Billabong2121: Titanfall = flop! The resolution was already suffering and the framerate can't even sustain 30 fps? Lost respect for Xbone.

#13 Edited by iambatman7986 (1082 posts) -

There is a ton of screen tearing but I'm not having any frame rate issues. It's not my net because I'm getting 35 dl and about 7 up on a wired connection to my one.

#14 Edited by WaxCriminal (25 posts) -
@RimacBugatti said:

@Billabong2121: Titanfall = flop! The resolution was already suffering and the framerate can't even sustain 30 fps? Lost respect for Xbone.

it's running at 60 fps, and you can't really call it a flop when its selling like butter and getting the score 9/10 from reviewers

#15 Posted by cyloninside (815 posts) -

@waxcriminal said:
@RimacBugatti said:

it's running at 60 fps, and you can't really call it a flop when its selling like butter and getting the score 9/10 from reviewers

no, it isnt. it can go to 60fps... but it very rarely runs at 60fps. from what i have seen on breakdowns on the web, the framerate is typically in the 40s when action is happening.

#16 Edited by sailor232 (5275 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

I get lag every once in a while but no screen tears yet. I played for six hours straight yesterday with only one significant frame drop that I could think of and it was on Last Titan Standing.

This is my experience also.

#17 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

@waxcriminal:

It's selling yes but as much hype as it supposedly had it doesn't seem to be selling as well as PS4's hit titles. The only real thing that they screwed up about Titanfall is no single player. I'm sorry but gamers have a standard as far as graphics are concerned and Titanfall falls short. It's not all about graphics but in addition to aged graphics the framerate suffers and it's only single player. If I wanted to play on a 70 inch TV it would look HORRIBLE.

#18 Posted by MathMattS (4012 posts) -

I'm noticing screen tearing and framerate drops too, but nothing that's really disruptive.