titanfall beta thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

so I thought I would share my thoughts on the beta and perhaps gain others insight. While I am a bit apprehensive in calling it COD with mechs, as far as I can see from the beta, it kind of is. Not sure if this is due to the limited functionality of the beta or just my being jaded by the plethora of arena style shooters available over the years. Still, I can tell it is going to be addictive. Fast paced gameplay, rewards flying at you thick and fast. I think this game will do well with the younger generations of gamers. It kind of left me wanting more but at the same time despising its familiarity.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

When did you get your beta key? I'm agonizing over the uncertainty that I won't get in.

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@donalbane: I got mine about 7 hours ago. Im in Aus.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

Hoping I get a key. If I get one I'll be posting footage on youtube ASAP.

Did they say how long the beta is going to last...?? If I don't get in I hope they make the last few days fully open to the public

Co2eed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Co2eed
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@cejay0813: dud it comes out in less than a month.. chill. and there are hundreds of titanfall videos already up on the tube.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cejay0813

@co2eed: I'm confused as to what part of my previous post suggested I wasn't "chill"... dud <- wutevadafuq that means... Point of a beta, other than for the devs to derive whatever info they can from it, is for me, the consumer, to try it out before I fork over $60 for it... You're not cool kid so calm down

Co2eed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Co2eed

@cejay0813: calling me a kid, all while you are freaking out bc you can't play a beta of a game that's about to be released... Lmao, weirdos mannnn

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cejay0813

@co2eed: again I don't see how you discern that from text... However from your petty and immature nature there's no doubt in my mind you probably haven't reached puberty... Smh weirdos indeed, but carry on.. I say again, you're not cool kid, so calm down and quit trying so damn hard

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

One word: Incredible.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@cejay0813 said:

@co2eed: again I don't see how you discern that from text... However from your petty and immature nature there's no doubt in my mind you probably haven't reached puberty... Smh weirdos indeed, but carry on.. I say again, you're not cool kid, so calm down and quit trying so damn hard

Dont listen to this guy @co2eed man, Some people just need to learn to CHILL THE **** down, and play the god damn game for what it is and stop criticising every fucking part of it, sort of like the sad life they live.

Co2eed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Co2eed

@cejay0813: yo if you, or anyone needs a beta code lemme know, I have an extra.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cejay0813

@co2eed said:

@cejay0813: yo if you, or anyone needs a beta code lemme know, I have an extra.

@co2eedGot one

@mesomorphin I've never seen some one so off topic in my life

Anyway, beta gameplay incoming

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

I so far really like it and dont find as much like COD as i thought it would be... Kind of in the mix of Killzone and COD but im having a great time playing it, I have a spare code for some reason they sent me 2 but they have different #s so if someone needs one PM me ill hook it up.

jamesb119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jamesb119

i think in the game they should maybe have multiplayer bots like COD black ops 2 for the people who can't connect to xbox live but want to play the game never the less. It seems like the type of game where you play it and it's epic then after a few months you start to get bored of the maps and everything, THEN you lose xbox live gold and can't play it

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

FYI the beta is now open to everyone on xb1.

Beta thoughts: Game is crazy fun. I love the movement as a pilot. The wall running plus double jumping combos are awesome. Ive had a couple times were I just totally lost the guy I was fighting only to have him assassinate me from behind. And they also managed to make it still fun when you lose a game with the whole get to the transport thing.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#16 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

Well I just tried the beta and I loved the game.Titanfall is the MAIN reason why I bought the Xbox One this early.I was going to wait till Chrismas to buy my XB1,but could'nt wait because of Titanfall.March 11th is going to be great for Xbox One owners.Playstation players are going to drool.A possible game of the year.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

My thoughts are this is a revolutionary fps game and if the beta is this good, then I shutter to even think about how awesome the full tame will be. This game is just a breath of fresh air, and introduces several new elements in the tired fps genre. Cool little insane moments like summoning your Titan during a heated battle or ejecting while being caught in mayhem and then raining down fire on your descent.....March 11 can't come soon enough I gotta clear my backlog quick.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tzolynski

@Alucard_Prime said:

My thoughts are this is a revolutionary fps game and if the beta is this good, then I shutter to even think about how awesome the full tame will be. This game is just a breath of fresh air, and introduces several new elements in the tired fps genre. Cool little insane moments like summoning your Titan during a heated battle or ejecting while being caught in mayhem and then raining down fire on your descent.....March 11 can't come soon enough I gotta clear my backlog quick.

I really had my doubts about this game but ive put about 7 hours into the beta and im begging for more... more maps more weapons the whole nine. The thing that has surprised me is that ive played 7 hours on 3 maps and im not one bit board. The movement as a pilot is just something completely different and so far this has exceeded my expectations. Cant wait for the whole game.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#19  Edited By MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I've played the beta and it's good. It's nothing groundbreaking (which is standard for FPSes these days) and it's basically COD with robots, but it's pretty cool.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#20 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

They put a lot of emphasis on wall-jumping in the tutorial, but it's really never used in the heat of battle since you're usually out in the open. It's really is just CoD in mechs, which means the good and bad are there. Luckily I love CoD, so I'm fine, though already quick-scopers are ruining things a bit.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cejay0813

This game manages to be extremely fun and replayable even with the limited arsenal and 14 level cap.

Some things I like:

• Of course the parkour-style movement and traversal. It's fast and it's fluid. Once you learn the nuances you can literally leap from wall to wall without ever touching ground or a roof. I've also pulled off some pretty cool kills while in free run/fall. Some things you may not know. You can just hang on to the ledge of a roof... If you hold LT when running along a while with a rocket launcher equipped you can also hang along the side of the wall. Don't know if you can do this with all weapons or if you're able to fire.
  • Titanfall always feels like an epic event. Turn up the surround sound and listen to the mayhem. I was actually able to talk to some guys who had headsets and all three of us initiated titanfall at the same time (well really close considering individual delay) and my jaw dropped.
  • The game plays well running solo as a pilot but once the titans are in play it's always good to have a buddy or at least another pilot with an anti-titan weapon to help in the fight
  • Throwing munitions back and forth with the vortex shield
  • Dodging rockets as a titan
  • Killing people who try to rodeo
  • Nuclear ejection
  • Smart pistol is actually not over-powered like I thought it would be (requires 3 lockons in order to get an instant kill on a pilot)

Some things I hope they change

• Throwing munitions with the vortex shield can be a bit inaccurate it seems
  • A kit that allows the pilot to move faster while ADS
  • I know 6v6 was the sweet spot but if they could bump it up to 7v7 or 8v8 this game would be perfect I think

Loading Video...

Some gameplay footage I recorded... Subscribe on Youtube as I'll be covering this game and many other PS4 and XB1 titles in the future... UN: philrichjr

DarkPoacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarkPoacher

Well I am no reviewer, but i have been playing games for many moons. It has been many years sence I was actually excited about playing a game. Once I downloaded the beta, I could not stop playing. I have owned all COD's and BF, not to mention various other shooters. Titanfall has brought enough fresh gameplay to the table to keep my attention. I believe it will be CONSOLE SELLER.... BTW this is not aimed at any Sony consumers at all. This is the first time I did not buy both systems at the same time, preference online gaming. I have not been a "gamer," in many years...thie tides are now changing....I am not a big collector edition guy, unless it's a fightstick, as I am an old school Street Fighter, Mortal Combat guy....but I am running down to GS tonight and reserving the Collectors Edition...Good luck to all u guys and gals out there and I will see you when Titan Falls

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

its ok. its not blowing my hair back or anything.

iCurtis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iCurtis

I think it's a little to easy. The first day I played it just over 3 hours my overall lifetime K/D was 12.7 and vs players was 3. something which has went up to 4.1. It's only a beta but when the game launches I'm sure it'll be a bit harder (hopefully)

Apart from the easyness of it, I actually do think it's got potential. It's better than boring old Call of Duty.

Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Spike1988
Member since 2003 • 1631 Posts

It's amazing. I absolutely love it. Completely dominates CoD Ghosts and BF4 in my opinion.
Also if you're not wallrunning and jumping in the heat of battle you're doing it wrong and are probably only killing Grunts mostly lol.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I am hooked on Control Point mode... I'm not a great Kill/Death ratio sort of player, but I really had a blast capturing and holding those control points. And parking your titan to guard one point while you jetpack over to cap another is a fun, viable strategy that helped my team win several matches. I love it. I'm not a big multiplayer guy, but this game made me a believer.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tzolynski

I know people think it would be better with more pilots but it would be worse. if you go up to 8vs8 that puts a possible 4 more titans on the map... I really think it would be to cluttered. the game is great with 6vs6 and im looking forward to the finished product.

H0RSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By H0RSE
Member since 2004 • 2133 Posts

I just did a write up on this - http://www.gamespot.com/profile/blog/titanfall-beta-my-gripes/26053762/

xdluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xdluffy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@jekyll: are you kidding i wall jumped/ran all over the place. Its part of what separates titanfall from regular shooters, positioning

xdluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xdluffy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I reckon the beta was pretty amazing. The fact that thats only a small part of the whole game is cause for excitement. People keep calling it cod with mechs but its only similar to cod in that its an fps. I mean once you throw in mechs its already nOt cod. Add onto that the wonderful mobility you have on foot as opposed to cod or bf4, i mean i always found it frustrating when youre player runs out of breath in those games, its a game give us unlimited sprint as a default setting! Wall running and jet packing to get out of trouble or close in on an unsuspecting titan plus the high octane cloaked dashes through the streets hoping you dont get picked off by a rooftop sniper. Its just everything one could possibly want in a fps, everything and more perhaps. I personally cant wair for titanfall in march bring on the good times :D