...Thoughts on XBOX ONE so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I wanted to talk to my fellow XBox forum-goers, and see what they think of the One in general these days.

I feel a little bit conflicted about the XBO lately:

On the one hand I think it has a decent UI, sturdy hardware, exceptional online service and I even think the Games with Gold offerings have been pretty fair for the most part. I also think the move to drop the Kinect 2.0 requirements and reverse a lot of those original policies helped to get the system a lot of supporters that it would otherwise not have right now. And I think the system has a pretty decent library of indies, despite many indie devs choosing to mainly support the PS4 over the XBO.

At the same time, I still feel a little underwhelmed by many of the system's exclusives. I actually think two early games that I own - Dead Rising 3 and PVZ: Garden Warfare - are more fun than hyped titles like Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief Collection. I don't really understand why Microsoft isn't developing more IPs, and why they spend most of their time trying to buy up other games and force developers into a difficult spot with the parity clause. (Though I appreciate that it has gotten a bit more lax.)

I have a lot of trouble identifying with most other XBOX gamers, the bulk of whom I know in person are obnoxious fanboys of the brand. Many of them frequently cite bigger controller as a reason for preferring the XBO, explaining that they need the XBO controller for their 'superior man-sized man hands'. There seems to be a certain culture that has evolved around the XBOX brand, and that it's this culture alone that keeps lots of people interested in the brand.

That said, I do like my XBOne quite a bit, and I have at least a dozen or so enjoyable games that I can play on it. But disappointing fumbles with high-profile games tells me that I shouldn't get my hopes up when it comes to major releases on the system. So far I've been pleasantly surprised by less acclaimed offerings on the console. But I hope this doesn't bode ill for other upcoming games like Crackdown and Phantom Dust.

In my honest opinion, I'd say there is no universally 'best' gaming system these days - they all truly have some serious pros and cons.

How does everyone else feel about the XBOX ONE these days?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I´m still waiting for that slim version to pop up before I jump on the bandwagon or if I can find one for around $300 US.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I am happy thus far with the Xbox one. I only bought mine in July after Microsoft ditched the Kinect. I have 16 Wii U games and 19 PS4 games currently I have just 6 games for Xbox one. The Xbox one controller is the best out of the Three. Microsoft has always had the best controller. The original Xbox controller and the Xbox 360 controllers were great. Except the D pad on the first 360 controller.

I am waiting for Gears of War and Halo 5. Thus far the Xbox one has been good. No hardware issues and robust on-line. The only disappoint has been with the master chief collection. But that is more with 343 industries not the Xbox one console.

Eventually Xbox one will have a slim version, then people may be more inspired to buy one. I have no difficulties with the hulking size of the Xbox one. Xbox consoles have always been large. But there is no RRoD this time around.

Overall Xbox one is very good.

Koopa_Kinte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koopa_Kinte
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

I am happy thus far with the Xbox one. I only bought mine in July after Microsoft ditched the Kinect. I have 16 Wii U games and 19 PS4 games currently I have just 6 games for Xbox one. The Xbox one controller is the best out of the Three. Microsoft has always had the best controller. The original Xbox controller and the Xbox 360 controllers were great. Except the D pad on the first 360 controller.

I am waiting for Gears of War and Halo 5. Thus far the Xbox one has been good. No hardware issues and robust on-line. The only disappoint has been with the master chief collection. But that is more with 343 industries not the Xbox one console.

Eventually Xbox one will have a slim version, then people may be more inspired to buy one. I have no difficulties with the hulking size of the Xbox one. Xbox consoles have always been large. But there is no RRoD this time around.

Overall Xbox one is very good.

What's your opinion on the Master Chief Collection? It's on sale now for $26.99 and I've been having thoughts about getting it. I've never played Halo before... Well, the 2nd one with a friend back when it came out but that doesn't count lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I love my Xbone... so much so that it has become my main console for this generation. I actually bought a PS4 at launch, but wasn't really happy with it (mainly the controller - the Xbone controller is a lot more comfortable for me). And so far I prefer the library of games on Xbone compared to PS4 (I'm a big Halo & Forza fan), and I'm excited for the upcoming games too.

One thing that does worry me however is the reliance on Halo/Forza/Gears, but according to Phil Spencer they are starting to invest more in first party titles (some getting announced at E3 apparently), which sounds promising. Plus games like Rise of the Tomb Raider & Scalebound are a good sign of the intent.

But yeah, overall I'm really happy with it. I don't really have a problem with the UI (a lot of people seem to complain about it, but I think it's fine), but is getting improved all the time anyway. And one feature that is a massive plus in my eyes is the ability to plug in an external HDD, and run/back-up specific games on it. This is such a great feature to have I think... especially for us with slow internet (now I don't have to re-download games if something goes wrong). PS4 has a back-up feature now I believe, but it's nowhere near as good (you have to back-up the whole system I believe).

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@raugutcon said:

I´m still waiting for that slim version to pop up before I jump on the bandwagon or if I can find one for around $300 US.

Best Buys will give you $175 toward an XB1 if you trade in a xbox 360 or PS3! I thought about it briefly because I have both, but there's nothing that I want on the XB1 at the moment.

So I'll continue to wait until my favorite exclusives come out.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@MarcRecon: over my dead body, I'm a console hoarder.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Loving it since unlike any console I've had in the past and I've had plenty over the decades; the X1 gets used every day for things other than playing games. Plus the games rock especially FH2 & MCC.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarcRecon

@raugutcon said:

@MarcRecon: over my dead body, I'm a console hoarder.

lol, I feel ya bro!!!

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

We are mainly PC gamers (My girl, and I), and that won't change.

However we also have 2 xbox ones. (so we can Co-op, and play MP together on certain xbox one games, Halo, Gears, Crackdown) The xbox one in the living room is the blu-ray player, CD player, DVD player, and it is our couch gaming hub. Right now we are playing Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat X on it. We will be getting the new Tomb Raider on it, and more than likely Mad Max on it as well. (though most other Multi-plats we will get on PC)

I like the Xbox one. I CANNOT stand the fact that you can't RIP music on it and listen to your own music while in games, that is a major step back from the x360. But that is something that can be rectified by an update. This bothers me more than most because I am a musician that actually makes his own music, and I want to listen to some of my own stuff while gaming in the living room!!! This is something that really needs fixing.

I much prefer the xbox controller to ANY playstation controller, and I like the fact that xbox one and Windows will have further features working together. Not to mention that it is a Direct-X box. which means when DX12, and Windows 10 hits, that the xbox one will get a noticeable performance boost, that the PS4 may get a little as well, but not near as much as it is more of an open_gl console. Or so I have read...

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nikkycat
Member since 2010 • 912 Posts

Eh. It's not bad at all, it's gotten better over time but I'm not sure. I still don't like the interface, I have random lag and issues with the interface too. It'll get better as time goes on. And once Phantom Dust comes out, you'll probably never see me again.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I use my Xbone for exclusives and GWG (very little, a mere 14 games so far). I think the UI needs an overhaul, but like anything I've owned for years, you get used to it.

Waiting for the holiday to see what exclusives I'm buying this year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@SolidTy: This is completely OT, but I really wanna check out that Kung Fury movie. Your sig is partly to thank for that. I guess it comes out in like a month?

I guess E3 will be a pretty big determining factor on which games I will buy on my XBO yet this year. Since I own 3 game systems atm, games really need to vie for my attention. I think Crackdown will be the game I remain most excited for on XBO, but I'm hoping for something different as well.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 kuu2  Online
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

So far a good system. Nothing mind blowing but I use it everyday and still have tons of games left to play. Really enjoying Ori.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I use it every day as a media center whether that's a game, video, or music. Smartglass on the phone using the Kinect as an IR blaster is a great remote. The one thing that really round it out is enable it to be a DVR. .

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@SolidTy: This is completely OT, but I really wanna check out that Kung Fury movie. Your sig is partly to thank for that. I guess it comes out in like a month?

I guess E3 will be a pretty big determining factor on which games I will buy on my XBO yet this year. Since I own 3 game systems atm, games really need to vie for my attention. I think Crackdown will be the game I remain most excited for on XBO, but I'm hoping for something different as well.

I hope the Kung Fury movie is half as funny as the trailer, I'll be happy with that. Yes, it's due very soon...finally!

It's been years of waiting; I hope it's worth it. :P

I don't expect surprises at E3, but it would be nice.

If there are a few surprises, I just hope those surprises excite me enough to get me to pull out the old wallet come Xmas.

XmeleonBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XmeleonBlue
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

I really love my Xbox One. One of the features that I love is the ability to view a game on Twitch while shopping for games in the store. Unfortunately right now I'm waiting for the next big game so at the moment I'm using it for apps like Hulu and Netflix.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Enjoying mine very much. I couldn't stream games so easily with the 360, share clips, or screenshots....that stuff I take for granted now, and I love it. I've still got several unfinished games from last year on my plate, and these days I'm mostly playing Destiny(recent addiction lol) and MCC(doing all campaigns back to back with a buddy, now at Halo 3).....but my gaming diet goes through constant revisions, next week I think I need to do some work on Dragon Age, because I need to finish it before Witcher 3 comes out. FInished Ori last weekend...amazing.

As far as high profile games missing their mark, the MCC online fiasco stung, that's for sure, as I was waiting for it on day 1 with a friend....otherwise the game has been working fine for me for a pretty long time now. I'm super excited for Halo 5, and I think with the beta the game should have a much smoother launch....it's probably going to be the biggest game launch of the year. I'm a huge Forza fan and with Horizon 2 I've been a happy camper for a while now, the game brought a fantastic club system, dedicated servers for online play, and an expansion that is quite refreshing compared to the main game.....for me, my XOne purchase was justified the instant I got Horizon 2.

I'm always open to getting another console of course, if I see a gaming experience I absolutely must have, I might do just that...for now I've got my hands full with the XOne, I don't have the time to play anything else. I hope we get our custom soundtracks soon, as we used to on the 360....in that regard, I am disappointed that it has taken all this time for the XOne to catch up with its older brother, and I sure hope they keep listening to the fans and doing those monthly updates. I just recently got 2 system updates that did nothing, except say that they are preparing the goundrwork for the May update, so something huge could be coming, and I'm thinking it's gotta be because of Windows 10. Looking forward to E3! And tonight, well I want to play Shovel Knight, I thought it was coming out today but it's still not there :)

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@raugutcon said:

Best Buys will give you $175 toward an XB1 if you trade in a xbox 360 or PS3! I thought about it briefly because I have both, but there's nothing that I want on the XB1 at the moment.

I just got an Xbone yesterday because of that deal. I didn't trade in anything but my old 360, and the power cable for it. In return, I got the Xbox one, 2 controllers, Master Chief Collection, and the media remote (Which, oddly enough, I find to be the greatest remote control ever...it's freaking awesome). And all of that for less than $160. It feels like I was just buying the controllers, and the xbox one was a switch.

I only got it for the controllers (I've been wanting one for my pc) and because the Xbone supports dlna streaming (which has been my 360's job for years). But now that I have it, I'm sure I'll get Forza as well. I don't think there's any other games on Xbox one that I'd care for now, save for Forza.

Lastly...what an ugly box. It's astonishing somebody, somewhere, looked at this huge, ugly plastic hunk of junk and stamped "approved" on the looks of this machine. WTH Microsoft? Did you run out of designers?

mpl911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By mpl911
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

@demi0227_basic: That's a hell of a deal. I got mine at Christmas - £230 which included AC Unity and AC black flag. I like it but I'm not blown away - don't think I'm quite as happy with it as I was with the 360 at the same point of ownership (still have the 360 for backwards compatibility but using it less and less now). I don't think there are any MUST BUY games for it. Don't get me wrong - I love Halo and Forza, which is the reason I got the One over the PS4 (that and I really like LIVE!).

I have MCC and love the SP (don't care about the MP as much as the SP, but it's pretty embarrassing they still haven't fixed the MP). Didn't buy Forza 5 as I'm holding out for Project Cars although I have got FH2 which is fun...but not as brilliant as Forza4. GTA is great, Far Cry 4 is inexplicably nowhere near as enjoyable as FC3, although I'm not sure why, but that's all I have...and looking forward all i'm really looking forward to is Project Cars, Wasteland2, ANY news about Fallout4 (FO3 being my favourite game on any console ever).....and that's about it.

I hated TW2, having only got it via Games with Gold, but am edging towards buying TW3 just cos the coverage I've seen of it is pretty impressive...but that's really about it...

Then what? Was the pipeline this sparse with the 360 2 years after it came out? Maybe Mad Max / The Division...

Overall, yes - I'm happy with the One - although there's nothing really to choose between it and the PS4. But, of course, it's a longer term thing - The £200 i spent on my 360 brought me countless hundreds of hours of fun...and I expect the One will too.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MarcRecon

@demi0227_basic:

Like I said, I was SERIOUSLY tempted because that's one hell of a deal, but I know I'll get more use out of my 360 over the XB1....at least for the moment!! lol

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#23 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I bought it since launch, when the UI was abysmal (now it's just mediocre with the updates) while I appreciate the fact that they added features, I still think it's not user friendly (as the 360 was) and there is a good bunch of bugs, like games crashing randomly, or the dashboard not showing stuff (which is not often but it happens) also the 500 GB HArd drive proved to be extremely small ( I know I can hook a External HDD) I ran out of space after 6 months, and while I know I can delete games it's impractical, when gathering friends at home or something else, installing takes a really long time, specially if the console is connected to the internet (I have a theory that the console downloads games instead of installing of the disc), the achievements app is way too clunky to actually bother looking for achievements and tasks, those are the lowpoints to me.

On the other hand, the controller is amazing (specially for the Forza games) and it works nice with fighting games (unlike the 360 controller) and obviously shooters, the ammount of offerings on the game catalogue are good enough for a console that hasn't hit 2 years in the market, on the exclusive front there's not much but Sunset Overdrive and Forza horizon 2 were great, and I enjoyed Ryse (not exclusive anymore), Halo MCC and Forza 5, the EA Access service is solid, and I can only hope that it grows and improves, deals with gold and games with gold are solid offerings (although not spectacular) the Xbox Live service has been as good as ever, the snap is a great addition, and well I can only see improvements on the console as features are added and the UI is streamlined, I just hope I can use my kinect on stuff that isn't "xbox record that".

So I'm happy with my purchase, with halo 5, gears of war, quantum break, forza 6, below, inside, rise of the tomb raider releasing somewhat soon I can't help but feel excited about the Xbox One future.

Anyway feel free to add me on Xbox Live, I always want people to play with or against, and I have almost all major releases available for play (except Dying Light)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's a good console for exclusives. It has some of the best games in their genre there.

Everywhere else it's lacking and is pretty much the worst place for multiplats. That was a huge strength last generation and it's a huge weakness this time around.

I think if Microsoft had it to do over again it would add more power to the console. It's weaker by a significant margin and because of that it looks to have a very hard time for the rest of this generation.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

I'm guessing when someone says the X1 is the worst place for multiplatforms that means in terms of fps, resolution, exclusive content, etc..,when compared to Sony? I've had a hell of a time this generation with Wolfenstein, Alien Isolation, Garden Warfare, GTA V, etc.., Thankfully the disparity between the X1 and P4 isn't like the Wii to the 360/PS3 or Wii U to the current competition.

I personally think if MS could it over the first thing would be not to act like pompous asses at E3 2013. Lets not even talk about the second and third things.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@demi0227_basic said:
@MarcRecon said:
@raugutcon said:

I just got an Xbone yesterday because of that deal. I didn't trade in anything but my old 360, and the power cable for it. In return, I got the Xbox one, 2 controllers, Master Chief Collection, and the media remote (Which, oddly enough, I find to be the greatest remote control ever...it's freaking awesome). And all of that for less than $160. It feels like I was just buying the controllers, and the xbox one was a switch.

I only got it for the controllers (I've been wanting one for my pc) and because the Xbone supports dlna streaming (which has been my 360's job for years). But now that I have it, I'm sure I'll get Forza as well. I don't think there's any other games on Xbox one that I'd care for now, save for Forza.

Lastly...what an ugly box. It's astonishing somebody, somewhere, looked at this huge, ugly plastic hunk of junk and stamped "approved" on the looks of this machine. WTH Microsoft? Did you run out of designers?

Ugly, huge? Dude really? I have two in my house, one in my entertainment unit I think that you're over exaggerating just a wee bit there bro. The XBO doesn't look that bad nor is it really that big. smh.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 slim70

This thread breaks Xbox forum rules.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@slim70: May I ask why?

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@slim70: Yeah...I think it's huge (for tablet hardware) and fugly. It's completely plastic, and cheap plastic at that. If you enjoy the looks...good for you. I personally think it's ugly. I enjoy cases from Lian Li/Silverstone a lot more. Some of their htpc cases look right at home in a real home theater cabinet.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slim70

@Garfield360UK Op mentions PS4 in his post. Board Specific Rules - Cross-platform discussion is prohibited - use System Wars instead. Am I missing something here? I don't know seems pretty straight forward. Also, "what system should I buy" threads shouldn't be allowed either.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 garfield360uk

@slim70: I feel in this case it is fair. This topic is discussing the performance of the Xbox One and perhaps how, in relation to the competition (PlayStation 4, Wii U, PC, etc). If this was a topic of "Haha Xbox sucks, PS4 is the best" then yes I would agree with you.

Also, this is not a what system should I buy thread. It is constructive evaluation of the Xbox One console so far, which is a fair topic.

If you have any further questions regarding this, I suggest going to the Ask the Mods board and I will happily discuss this there with you (and you can seek other moderators input as well if you wish). I do not want to drag this topic away from the points of discussion raised already.

Thanks.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I don't care for the install times, UI, party system, or the way the achievement app works as opposed to how it works on the 360 but it's overall a pretty nice console. I'm hoping Windows 10 makes the UI more bearable for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd
deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd
Member since 2004 • 2356 Posts

I don't think the One is ready for prime time, yet. But hey, I don't have one yet so maybe I don't know what I am missing. I'm used to the 360.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

Although I knew I would purchase both consoles eventually, I elected to buy the XBO day one, and overall I haven't been disappointed. I think the only let down has been in the games department but the same can be said about the PS4 in my eyes. I appreciated Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 for what they were but I could definitely use some better exclusive titles. I also appreciate the UI a bit better than the PS4's and controlling the Xbox, cable box and TV with voice control has become second nature. This is one of the main reasons I grimace at the PS4 because it's back to the old fashioned gaming experience of controlling everything separately. I know you have the option to do this with the PS4 camera but I didn't buy it nor do I think I ever will. (should've came boxed in the original package). lol

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I have the limited edition white x1. I don't regret buying it. Since im a Forza fan it justifies the purchase of the console alone. I do play my ps4 more, but I have my x1 for just the exclusives. Titanfall also surprised me.

The initial setup process and installs on the console was horendeous but that's probably my only complaint.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy

@Solaryellow said:

I'm guessing when someone says the X1 is the worst place for multiplatforms that means in terms of fps, resolution, exclusive content, etc..,when compared to Sony?

That's pretty much it, the huge install base for the PS4 makes it the lead platform this generation. As we know when you're not the lead platform you not only miss out on content from third parties but sometimes the games themselves are a bit wonky compared to their counterparts.

I think for the majority of people their satisfaction with the console stems from it being their only console or their one of many consoles.

If you only have the Xbox One sure you love the exclusives but it's a harder pill to swallow knowing that the PS4 has better multiplats and over 100 more games available.

If the Xbox One is one of many consoles then you can say you'll get your Forza and Halo there and play the rest elsewhere.

This E3 Microsoft will have to show that even though they can't bridge the power gap they need to bridge the game gap. It's not so much showing off a half dozen high profile games, they need to show that there's 40 or 50 different games coming. Since devs aren't particularly thrilled to make games (and sometimes downgrade those games) and sell them to small audiences this means Microsoft may need to make it worth their while either by securing the games only for their platform or paying them to add the Xbox One to their list of releases.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I think it's a quality system. I like the interface and the controller. Just wish the system had more quality exclusives.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i am content with xbo, my favourite games so far are fh2 and titanfall... i have completed sunset overdrive, however it was a mixed bag, there were parts i liked and parts i hated, i wanted to play through the mcc, however the not so well aged controls, kept me from playing through and it sits there...

i am absolutely in awe of the xbo's controllers' build quality, however i do prefer ps4's layout, so if i have to compare them there is no winner...

all in all, as i've said i am content with my xbo and am looking forward to more exclusive titles... :)

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slim70

@Garfield360UK said:

@slim70: I feel in this case it is fair. This topic is discussing the performance of the Xbox One and perhaps how, in relation to the competition (PlayStation 4, Wii U, PC, etc). If this was a topic of "Haha Xbox sucks, PS4 is the best" then yes I would agree with you.

Also, this is not a what system should I buy thread. It is constructive evaluation of the Xbox One console so far, which is a fair topic.

If you have any further questions regarding this, I suggest going to the Ask the Mods board and I will happily discuss this there with you (and you can seek other moderators input as well if you wish). I do not want to drag this topic away from the points of discussion raised already.

Thanks.

I don't see much wiggle room for interpretation here "Cross-platform discussion is prohibited" is pretty damn clear to me. No wonder why the trolling is getting so bad in this forum some moderators have little respect for the rules themselves, so it would seem.

I'm aware that this is not a "what system should I buy thread" I was just adding that it also shouldn't be allowed as it falls under the same board specific rule.

We all know how bullshit starts most of the posters here also post in System Wars and in some cases are well known anti-Xbox trolls. Is it too much to ask that an Xbox forum be only about Xbox? I don't see why I should even have to ask such a question really. I shouldn't have to ask a moderator to follow the rules.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Very satisfied. Great games, blu ray player, amazing controller, Live is great, and the price point isn't horrible. More on the way as well!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jaysonguy

@slim70 said:
@Garfield360UK said:

Thanks.

I don't see much wiggle room for interpretation here "Cross-platform discussion is prohibited" is pretty damn clear to me. No wonder why the trolling is getting so bad in this forum some moderators have little respect for the rules themselves, so it would seem.

I'm aware that this is not a "what system should I buy thread" I was just adding that it also shouldn't be allowed as it falls under the same board specific rule.

We all know how bullshit starts most of the posters here also post in System Wars and in some cases are well known anti-Xbox trolls. Is it too much to ask that an Xbox forum be only about Xbox? I don't see why I should even have to ask such a question really. I shouldn't have to ask a moderator to follow the rules.

Oh for Christ's sake

Nothing here is cross platform except to mention where the Xbox One does well and what it does not. Now usually I have to say "the other console" but because everyone here is actually discussing the topic respectfully we can say the PS4.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 garfield360uk

@slim70: You are entitled to disagree and as mentioned previously please use the Ask the Moderator board for any feedback here. All the moderators can see that board and any feedback on what is happening here will be taken on board by the team.

So for the time being, please use that board to discuss this issue or discuss the topic at hand.

Thank you.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

It is the best console out there.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts
@slim70 said:
@Garfield360UK said:

Thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Wow, had no idea someone was that angry with my decision to so much as mention other game systems lol. Well, thanks for not moving the thread - I meant mainly to see what other XBO owners thought of the system thus far.

It seems like mostly everyone is satisfied with what is there so far. I feel like I've gotten a fair value for the most part, through a mixture of disc games, downloadables and freebies with GwG.

I think DR3 is still my favorite game on the system, which probably would have surprised the me of one year ago. I liked it a lot more than Sunset Overdrive, and SO was the game I was most excited for leading up to my XBO purchase.

I suspect Crackdown will be great because I really liked that first game, and so did Phil Spencer, and it sounds like he's gotten the right people in place to ensure that project will turn out well. And I might pick up Halo 5, just because of the story mode really - I'm anxious to find out what's going on there. And I'd probably be more than happy to pick up some more downloadable titles, when I have more time, money and motivation to do so.

Even with Microsoft doing things like adding Conker to Project Spark, adding Battletoads to Shovel Knight and possibly getting Rare to make a decent game again, it still doesn't feel like they've shown enough forward progress in expanding their first-party offerings. Of course, we will find out for sure come E3. I guess what I'd really like to see are more original IPs made by major in-house studios. Microsoft has been really into the console industry for almost 15 years, it would be nice to see them branch out and make other kinds of games in addition to their bread and butter.

Guess those are just my thoughts at the moment. Definitely want to watch their E3 show, I'm anxious to see what they've been working on, especially since they want to focus a lot on first-party stuff this time around.

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts

It's been pretty glitchy for me. I can't use some of my apps and it's very slow

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

This thread has been locked due to derail. Discussions about system x system (or system vs. system) belong in either Games Discussion or the System Wars forum.