Thoughts On The Gears Of War 3 Setback?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

I think this is a huge middle finger to gamers waiting for the game. (Like me) It was supposed to be released on April 5, 2011, but got delayed to the Fall of 2011. The only thing that'll keep me entertained in the gaming world is Medal Of Honor.. for like two days. (Since I got banned from Xbox Live)

What are your thoughts on this?

bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

For me, I think its a good sign when a game gets pushed back. Sure, the consumers will have to wait a few more months; however, it shows that the developers have enough respect for us and the game to take their time and produce a higher quality product.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

For me, I think its a good sign when a game gets pushed back. Sure, the consumers will have to wait a few more months; however, it shows that the developers have enough respect for us and the game to take their time and produce a higher quality product.

bigredrew

QFT!

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Gives them time to fix up and bugs and glitches.

chaosflare44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 chaosflare44
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts

[QUOTE="bigredrew"]

slipknot0129

QFT!

^What they said. As much as it sucks for a game to be delayed, I would rather wait a bit longer for a great game then have it released half-finished. Its not like they did it with the intention of angering us. They did it because for whatever reason they were not satisfied with how the product was turning out. The fact that they delayed it shows that they care about making a quality game as opposed to pumping out a rehash. We should be supporting stuff like this.
jayd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 jayd02
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="bigredrew"]

chaosflare44

QFT!

^What they said. As much as it sucks for a game to be delayed, I would rather wait a bit longer for a great game then have it released half-finished. Its not like they did it with the intention of angering us. They did it because for whatever reason they were not satisfied with how the product was turning out. The fact that they delayed it shows that they care about making a quality game as opposed to pumping out a rehash. We should be supporting stuff like this.

excatly. They heard the comments from the community from the the last game and they want to imporve and not let the gamers down. They are probably testing the game before the release (unlike the last one) and found most of the bugs and they are probably patching the heck out of it so it doesn't turn out like number 2.

I am very glad for the set back, just means a better game in the end.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

[QUOTE="bigredrew"]

slipknot0129

QFT!

May I ask what "QFT" means?

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I personally believe MS is just spreading out games to hold off until the next xbox. I think there will be a major drought of first party games, except for Kinect games. Gears of War 3 may very well be the last hurrah for the 360.

chaosflare44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chaosflare44

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="bigredrew"]

Drakebunny

QFT!

"Quoted for Truth" Its used to show that you agree with someone.
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakebunny"]

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]QFT!

chaosflare44

Thanks.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I want dedicated servers. No more host connection. As fun as Gears of War 2 can be sometimes, the online component is killed by host connection. Fix that and Gears of War 3 will be golden.
Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts

kinda sux. least more time to save money lol.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

****! :evil:

^My initial reaction to hearing about the delay. In the end though, I think it's better for us. Gives them time to put enough polish on it and make it a fitting end to the trilogy.

You know what's crazy? When Gears 3 comes out, it'll be 5 years since the first one released. Time really flies. Sheesh. :o

killakill615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killakill615
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

oh well its only a couple months i can find something to play till then ...l4d2 at the moment :D

wired4stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wired4stuff
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakebunny"]

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]QFT!

chaosflare44

qtf

but yeah, as much as it breaks my heart that i need to wait so long to play the game (huge fan of series) i trust that cliffy b will use this time to ensure he delivers a quality product, and try to end the trilogy with a bang.

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="bigredrew"]

chaosflare44

QFT!

They've already declared it's not for any quality issues, it's Micro$oft purely trying to get a slice of the Christmas 2011 action, but all it's doing is angering people.

I've already decided, if it doesn't come with any decent 'free' DLC, I'm just going to wait a little bit longer and buy it pre-owned, so they don't get my money, greedy ****ers!

For proof:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gears-of-War/115625068468377

So, yeah, I'm not happy, I'm not happy at all!

wired4stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wired4stuff
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

[QUOTE="chaosflare44"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]QFT!

cain19822004

They've already declared it's not for any quality issues, it's Micro$oft purely trying to get a slice of the Christmas 2011 action, but all it's doing is angering people.

I've already decided, if it doesn't come with any decent 'free' DLC, I'm just going to wait a little bit longer and buy it pre-owned, so they don't get my money, greedy ****ers!

For proof:

this.. this changes things. screw you cliffy b.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#18 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Me sad.

I think this is a huge middle finger to gamers waiting for the game. DesiGhost

Why would you take a delay so offensively? Maybe had this game had as many delays as a Square Enix title, a Gran Turismo title or Duke Nukem Forever it might be sort of understandable but this is the game's first and probably last delay. They didn't do this solely to make people angry, they would not benefit from it. Sure it's lame the delay was pretty much to make sure Microsoft had something big for fall, but do you remember the Gears 2 launch? I'd say that extra time for testing is a god send. Besides, Epic already has Bullet Storm lined up for February. Gears probably would have made everyone forget that game a mere couple months later.

stevemallam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 stevemallam
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

That's exactly the sort of marketing bs companies use when they don't want to admit they're delaying for quality reasons :-)

At least they're telling us now, rather than waiting till next March!

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vashkey

I personally believe MS is just spreading out games to hold off until the next xbox. I think there will be a major drought of first party games, except for Kinect games. Gears of War 3 may very well be the last hurrah for the 360.

Videodogg
I really doubt that.Why would Microsoft release the Kinect only to sweep the 360 under the rug shortly after? Besides, Microsoft has always relied more on third parties. Epic itself whom develops Gears of War is a 3rd party. Microsoft really doesn't have many big in house devs left any more. Ensemble was closed down, Bungie left, Bizarre Creations was bought out by Activision. The only big devs they have are Rare whos games just don't seem to have the wide spread success on the xbox like they did on Nintendo system, Lionhead which just make Fable titles and Turn 10 who just do Forza.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vashkey

cain19822004

For proof:

Comes with decent free dlc? If it came with free dlc then people would just complain that it was something cut from the game. Remember how Gears 2 came with the Flashback map pack? Those maps were originally going to be included on the disc. But to encourage the purchase of new copies over used copies and pirating they made them downloadable.

Besides, whats dlc going to add anyway? A few maps? Characters? Golden weapons? The game wont be significantly better for it. It's just a delay, you'll live, even if they don't compensate you for those awful Gears 3less five months you were subjected to. And you'll probably buy it either way. A delay is a ridiculous reason to deprive yourself of a something good.

I swear, our generation is spoiled.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elann2008

[QUOTE="cain19822004"]

[QUOTE="chaosflare44"] ^What they said. As much as it sucks for a game to be delayed, I would rather wait a bit longer for a great game then have it released half-finished. Its not like they did it with the intention of angering us. They did it because for whatever reason they were not satisfied with how the product was turning out. The fact that they delayed it shows that they care about making a quality game as opposed to pumping out a rehash. We should be supporting stuff like this.vashkey

For proof:

Comes with decent free dlc? If it came with free dlc then people would just complain that it was something cut from the game. Remember how Gears 2 came with the Flashback map pack? Those maps were originally going to be included on the disc. But to encourage the purchase of new copies over used copies and pirating they made them downloadable.

Besides, whats dlc going to add anyway? A few maps? Characters? Golden weapons? The game wont be significantly better for it. It's just a delay, you'll live, even if they don't compensate you for those awful Gears 3less five months you were subjected to. And you'll probably buy it either way. A delay is a ridiculous reason to deprive yourself of a something good.

They certainly are..
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I was not surprised that it got pushed back. Gives them more time to work on it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they release it on Nov. 7 2011. Gears 1 was released Nov. 7 2006 and Gears 2 Nov. 7 2008. Only natural to assume this.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vashkey

I was not surprised that it got pushed back. Gives them more time to work on it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they release it on Nov. 7 2011. Gears 1 was released Nov. 7 2006 and Gears 2 Nov. 7 2008. Only natural to assume this.

DJSAV_101
Interesting, I never noticed this. But I didn't get the original until 2007, so it makes sense that I wouldn't.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I'm not bothered about the delay. It just means Gears 3 will be even better. Maybe the MP will even be playable at launch!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elann2008
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

vashkey
Interesting, I never noticed this. But I didn't get the original until 2007, so it makes sense that I wouldn't.

Yup. Except Gears of War 3 skips a year. People were expecting it Nov 2010, but that pattern changed just a bit and added one year.
chaosflare44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chaosflare44

cain19822004

For proof:

Tell me this, had the game been originally announced for November instead of April and then being delayed to November, would you be upset? No. Are there any games coming out this year that you want to get? CoD Black Ops? Fable 3? Assassins Creed Brotherhood? Well according to what your saying here your not gonna get any of them because they are being released to get a slice of Christmas 2010.

Its perfectly understandable for a business to wait until hype is at its highest to release a game. And frankly, its not like they're charging more for it. It would have been $60 USD had it been released in April, and its going to be $60 USD in November. Your not losing anything. If anything you're getting a better value because they are not just gonna leave the finished game sitting there until November. They are gonna spend the rest of the time tweaking and improving the game so they can release a more finished product.

So what if you have to go through summer withough GoW3.There are plenty of other good games coming out then, just find something else to do.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#28 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Good, the second wasn't very good. They could use some time. Get the SP good and the multiplayer less buggy.
DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

I know you guys are saying it'll be better graphic wise, gameplay wise, etc. if they pushed it back, but they pushed it back another 5 - 6 months! I mean if you saw the other videos of the game, you would've seen the excellent graphics, creative game modes, and much more. I think if a delay were to occur, it should've been delayed for maybe one - three months. But I could be wrong...

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Not that they had one before, but now they will have even less of an excuse for releasing an unfinished product. Hopefully they'll release a beta in April of what would have been the complete multiplayer so we can see how complete it actually is, and then work on it from there to make it perfect. If they don't release a beta, I'll be pretty pissed TBH. Hopefully they've learned their lesson with Gears 2.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

I think this is a huge middle finger to gamers waiting for the game. (Like me) It was supposed to be released on April 5, 2011, but got delayed to the Fall of 2011. The only thing that'll keep me entertained in the gaming world is Medal Of Honor.. for like two days. (Since I got banned from Xbox Live)

What are your thoughts on this?

DesiGhost

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! It cant be set back! and why did you get banned from xbl?

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
honestly if you expected it to release in the spring you probably fell for the biggest prank in video game history. gears has traditionaly released in the fall so this is no suprise that this would be any different.
jayd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 jayd02
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

[QUOTE="cain19822004"]

[QUOTE="chaosflare44"] ^What they said. As much as it sucks for a game to be delayed, I would rather wait a bit longer for a great game then have it released half-finished. Its not like they did it with the intention of angering us. They did it because for whatever reason they were not satisfied with how the product was turning out. The fact that they delayed it shows that they care about making a quality game as opposed to pumping out a rehash. We should be supporting stuff like this.vashkey

For proof:

the dlc thing you talked about with GOW2, I am not 100% sure of it but I am probably sure that was due in part of M$. M$ has been noted to make devs put content on the marketplace for a price. Go back to GOW the dlc was free but later a price came??? That was M$ doing not Epic. M$ PROBABLY knew that GOW2 was going to be good so instead of making the game come with it they made it come extra so they could bank. Let me say again this is not fact but a probaility.

I also agree with your orignal comment.

GlamourKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GlamourKillz
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts
I didn't really care when they delayed it lol. All I thought was like "Wow...the people who really love the GoW series are probably VERY upset.." As for me, I didn't care lol. Cause I don't really care much about that game anyways..even though I'll most likely get the game.
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

I think it shows a lack of confidence from MS in the 360's 2011 line-up. With that said, I'm okay with the move. While I want to play the game as soon as possible, with GoW3 being pushed back to the fall it gives me more time to enojoy Halo: Reach. Also, the delay helps my wallet out a bit :)