Thoughts on New SSF4 tier list

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

So i just saw the new "revised" edition of the character tier list in SSF4 and it's pretty interesting to see where everyone is at. I think it's kinda pointless cause i always think it depends on the player and maybe i'm a lil bugged since my character Cody is only C+ lol. So whats all the SSF4 players think bout it and do you believe them?

Here's the link if you haven't seen it:http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/5/13/iplaywinner-may-2010-super-street-fighter-4-tier-list.html

They also said it would be updated every month

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

So i just saw the new "revised" edition of the character tier list in SSF4 and it's pretty interesting to see where everyone is at. I think it's kinda pointless cause i always think it depends on the player and maybe i'm a lil bugged since my character Cody is only C+ lol. So whats all the SSF4 players think bout it and do you believe them?

Here's the link if you haven't seen it:http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/5/13/iplaywinner-may-2010-super-street-fighter-4-tier-list.html

They also said it would be updated every month

HaDoKeN_NaTe
I say tier listing can differ in all honesty, some people look at tier rankings as a way to play as "the best character". I'm also a Cody player and I find him defensively deceptive, yet his wake up game has gone the way of the Titanic. Your still probably going to see your Ryu's and Sagat's up there, however SSF4 adds more variety which is always a good thing
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HaDoKeN_NaTe

completely agree with you there. Cody is a dam good defensive character especially with the zonk knuckle.

G35DriverGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 G35DriverGuy
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

lol @ Sagat got nerfed. It's good to see Abel up there though. Go MMA!

DeadxEyE-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DeadxEyE-gamer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I honestly didn't expect Rufus to be up there. Considering I never play against any I guess I just forgot about him lol.

G35DriverGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 G35DriverGuy
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

that fat phoney

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HaDoKeN_NaTe

I honestly didn't expect Rufus to be up there. Considering I never play against any I guess I just forgot about him lol.

DeadxEyE-gamer
he's always been considered A tier even in vanilla but i also dont see many ppl play him
dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
[QUOTE="DeadxEyE-gamer"]

HaDoKeN_NaTe
he's always been considered A tier even in vanilla but i also dont see many ppl play him

True he always has been in top 5, cant use him for love no money lol. Be nice to see how the new characters fit into the rankings
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HaDoKeN_NaTe

i just hate using rufus cause hes just so ugly to look at haha

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

i just hate using rufus cause hes just so ugly to look at haha

HaDoKeN_NaTe
same here i use characters that have badass moves and look cool like guy and bison
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HaDoKeN_NaTe

guy just looks like hes on speed cause hes just extremely fast

Kony33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kony33
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts

Tier lists do show who the better characters are. It doesn't mean you'll be good, but 6 out 10 times, a Rufus will beat a Vega (maybe more, not entire sure what the matchup is) of equal skill.

Upsets still happen but they rarely occur. There's a reason Rufus, Balrog, Bison and Abel's are usually the last characters in every SSF4 tournament,

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I'm a cammy player , it's only a B , in my heart she's A+ , that's what matters haha , I just LOVE how fast she is.

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HaDoKeN_NaTe

I'm a cammy player , it's only a B , in my heart she's A+ , that's what matters haha , I just LOVE how fast she is.

RoOodriGowW
lol good to see ur love for ur fav character. i also found out another part about tier lists that i don't like very much since making this topic is that not only do people on line in ssf4 pick the high tier characters but seem to spam the same moves all the time with no real skill other than watching one combo and beating it to death. It's not horrible especially since it's easy to beat ppl like that but it's still annoying
Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

All my Characters (Cammy, Chun-li, Juri) All seem like B characters, but im quite surprised that Juri is lower than Cammy as Juri has easier combo setups, and overall pokes than Cammy. Juri's C.mk vs Cammy's C.hk are similar in range, but Juri gets a free combo into super with her poke. Chun-li I think really should be along the A class characters.

That aside, i believe this is pretty legit with a few changes. first, Makoto really should be C class, Dudley should be lower than El fuerte, and Sagat should only be A class, not A+.

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HaDoKeN_NaTe

All my Characters (Cammy, Chun-li, Juri) All seem like B characters, but im quite surprised that Juri is lower than Cammy as Juri has easier combo setups, and overall pokes than Cammy. Juri's C.mk vs Cammy's C.hk are similar in range, but Juri gets a free combo into super with her poke. Chun-li I think really should be along the A class characters.

That aside, i believe this is pretty legit with a few changes. first, Makoto really should be C class, Dudley should be lower than El fuerte, and Sagat should only be A class, not A+.

Aslyum_Beast
they said the list will change every month or so with more info and playing gets done so this list isn't finished supposidly
Maxmus050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Maxmus050
Member since 2009 • 1248 Posts

DeadxEyE-gamer

Because hes just some stupid fat fighter which no one likes ( I dont think people who chose him because they like him just because he is strong ).
I played sagat from s4 and still do in ssf4 the nerf was actually needed, and now he is just a solid charachter which is good.
Butnow in ssf4 i almost never see a other sagat online because people just usedhim ins4 as a tool..

gam3r333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 gam3r333
Member since 2009 • 135 Posts

*Ibuki* all the way ...she is swift !!