Thoughts on Fallout 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SparrxxZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SparrxxZ
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
What do you think of Fallout 3, whether you think it's a terrible creation and its a disgrace to the gaming industry or if you think that its the best game ever made or right in between.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
Best RPG ever made.
johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts
best game ever made
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Most awesome post-apocalyptic game ever made.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
love, but not as much as oblivion, i prefer the sword and shield personally and also the oblivion environments. love the lush forest, mixed with snowy mountains and then the baron wasteland of oblivion, then shivering isles came out and cemented it for me. not to say fallout isnt with out its charm, the only qualm i have is the lack of light coming from your pip-boy at night and the fact that it never rains:|
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
love, but not as much as oblivion, i prefer the sword and shield personally and also the oblivion environments. love the lush forest, mixed with snowy mountains and then the baron wasteland of oblivion, then shivering isles came out and cemented it for me. not to say fallout isnt with out its charm, the only qualm i have is the lack of light coming from your pip-boy at night and the fact that it never rains:|chaoscougar1
That light thing pissed me off. Maybe it never rains because of nuclear winter or something.
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts
the gatling laser was fun :D
bios101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bios101
Member since 2009 • 273 Posts

Well i cant wait to play it ... honestly i have it for a long time now, but i dont want to start until the level 30 - update came out. But for the short time, i played it, i would say its the best rpg since oblivion.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="bios101"]

Well i cant wait to play it ... honestly i have it for a long time now, but i dont want to start until the level 30 - update came out. But for the short time, i played it, i would say its the best rpg since oblivion.

whats the point of not starting until the level 30 update comes out? its not like the jump from 1-20 is instantaneous...
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts
it is a good game, but after you have completed most of the quests it can get old quick, your mainly stuck wondering the wasteland and most of the time you dont even encounter anything so it can get boring, but the dlcs for the game keeps it fresh, its worth getting, love the game to bits.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts
The open game play is fun but the story is not as good.

I think that Star Ocean: the Last Hope has a better story and the fights are even more fun.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever!
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Not enough games like it! Linear games have been going on for too long, time for freedom and free roam. As for the poor story of Fallout 3, there is a reason for that. Of course some linear games are still brilliant, but they die within days...Fallout actually took MONTHS to die....thats what games need now, longetivity.
BlueAeroStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlueAeroStar
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
Fantastic game, definitly one of my favourites on the xbox
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Good game but I just couldn't get into it. I only played it for 2 hours and couldn't pull myself to play it anymore.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
It's a really good game; certainly one of the best I've ever played.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It is a good game. Not the best ever by any means. But good fun and better then i expected. Fallout1 and 2 i still feel are better games. But Fallout3 didnt ruin the franchise, which is all that matters, they made a very respectful version of one of my fav series.

Bethesda stepped it up after a very watered down Oblivion (ive owned every elderscrolls game thats come out and Oblivion is hands down the worst in teh series).

8.5/10 for Fallout3 for me.

Betaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Betaslayer
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts
Okay i enjoy fallout 3 to no end but it has major gameplay issuses for me. I like to be able to switch up weapons in most rpgs i play but when it came to using melee, big guns, and laser guns I honestly didnt find them worthwhile. There simply wasnt enough variety or ammo versus small guns. I was also really disappointed with the dialouge becuz perks like lady-killer/black widow along with the child one hardly get use ontop of which just about everything that could be done with dialouge could also be done with force in some other way. I know that final part is meant to give ppl options but i would have liked a good number of objectives that could only be completed with speech. just my personal thoughts on the game, still really great overall.
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
I love Fallout 3. It is one of my top games.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
Good game. The fact that I keep beating the game at the lvl 12-15 range bugs me. There isn't enough damned experiencce out there without doing every quest and killing every enemy. Also, Some items and armor look a little strange. Why doesn't a loose coat look loose? It sorta clings to you. Yes I can understand technical reasons for that, but why can't it just be something to toggle? Also, similar to Oblivion, I dislike the Difficulty bar thing. Why can't they at least mark 'easy, medium, hard, insane' ON the bar to at least allow me to have a specific area for each? It isn't hard. Just sorta convenient for people who slowly turn difficulty up as they progress.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
I actually hated it at first, but once you start blowing up Super Mutants and Enclave Soldiers it gets really fun. I'm on the final mission right now and I'm sad that the story is almost over. :(
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
Okay i enjoy fallout 3 to no end but it has major gameplay issuses for me. I like to be able to switch up weapons in most rpgs i play but when it came to using melee, big guns, and laser guns I honestly didnt find them worthwhile. There simply wasnt enough variety or ammo versus small guns. I was also really disappointed with the dialouge becuz perks like lady-killer/black widow along with the child one hardly get use ontop of which just about everything that could be done with dialouge could also be done with force in some other way. I know that final part is meant to give ppl options but i would have liked a good number of objectives that could only be completed with speech. just my personal thoughts on the game, still really great overall.Betaslayer
LAdy killer has some extremely funny uses throughout the game for people who look really hard. Also, for female characters, you can reap near INSTANT benifits for an evil character. I got almost 1000 caps from Mr.Burke in the beggining for nailing the speech and the Ladykiller dialog options. Child at Heart is good for a few things as well, like Little Lamplight and a few other destinations that revolve around children. Also Energy Weapon ammo is ANYTHING but hard to find. It is nearly EVERYWERE in the subways, including being found in decent amounts in Robots when teamed with specific perks. My Laser based Evil Female has nearly 9000 rounds for my Laser Gatling Gun called 'Vengeance'. Small guns is good to level up all the way, but Laser weapons and Explosives should always be a go to. Big Guns weapons all do enough damage that you probably will be fine when it hits 65. And Melee weapons are FUN, even if they are a little worthless. The Combat Knife is ALWAYS in my inventory for the simple fact of being a weapon with no ammo requirement to use. I take out ALL of the lesser wasteland animals with it.
theSickness550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theSickness550
Member since 2005 • 283 Posts
One of my favorite games this generation
Avatar image for Un4givingAsault
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Un4givingAsault
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts
Problem with games such as these is they are so good you play them non stop for several hours, you get compelely engulfed in the games. After this phenonenom passes you begin to notice all the games short comings. It's usually little things but they become incredibly frustrating.Ie) Fallout 3, No weather system, unappealing graphics and there glitches, how small and few cities are, lack of sidequests, lack of weapon modification, level caps...... there are many more
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i love it but they could have done better

and add kid killin or remove kids!

also remove those unkillable non playable characters

Avatar image for sharpshooter188
sharpshooter188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sharpshooter188
Member since 2003 • 4368 Posts
I dunno. Im used to a sword and shield when rpg elements are involved. It doesnt make sense to me when i sink 3 rounds into somethings brain only to do so much damage and not kill the damn thing.
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
After the first few quests I stopped playing it, just could not get into the game I guess
3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 3kratos3
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts
I'll start out by saying that i am a huge fan of oblivion, so when i first saw this game i was excited and reserved by it. Made by same people as oblivion, so it will be open world. But then i saw the VATS aiming system and i got turned off by it. So i rented this first. I got a little into it but the fighting mechanic i hated. I just used the VATS over and over agin which is a satisfing kill but itgets boring just watching slo-mo head shots over and over again. And if you dont have enough power to run the VATS the fighting SUCKS. It clunky and you can shoot a guy in the head 5 times and they will still be standing. My biggest tripe with this game is the "open world" Yes it is very open OUTSIDE the city where it is a dessert, with random little things spread across it. But in the Washington it is not "open world" It is a whole bunch of little patches of city that you get to by going through subway systems that look identical! I wanted to walk to Rivet city i believe after a mission. I thought ill set a marker and walk straight. NOPE says Fallout you have to traverse 5 subways or more but pick the right one because you will going in one and up more east and furthur away then when you started. Rubble has fallen all over in the most amazing way that you cant climb over any of it to get where you want, thats what a subway is for. IN oblivion you can walk anywhere at anytime and not be stop by anything, that is a real open world game. I am not saying fallout is a bad game i did enjoy it but it has alot of issues.
Avatar image for kingofexpertise
kingofexpertise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kingofexpertise
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Worst rpg i ever played. Fable 2 is way better
jet2892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 jet2892
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
Fallout was an amazing game and if you even sort of like RPGs you should definately try it you will not be dissapointed
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
love, but not as much as oblivion, i prefer the sword and shield personally and also the oblivion environments. love the lush forest, mixed with snowy mountains and then the baron wasteland of oblivion, then shivering isles came out and cemented it for me. not to say fallout isnt with out its charm, the only qualm i have is the lack of light coming from your pip-boy at night and the fact that it never rains:|chaoscougar1
i share the same thoughts. ive play the hell out of oblivion, so fallout was something fresh. i must admit looking at a lush green forest then a baron waist land is kinda boring at times (especially when you dont use fast travel like i do). after this play through its back to morrowind goty :D
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#32 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
an rpg game that does some things very well, but overall its simply a boring experience.
Jax1Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jax1Zero
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
After about 8-9 hours I couldn't play it anymore. For whatever reason I just couldn't get into it.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts
I love it. I wasn't in the hype for this game but after checking some reviews I decided to pick it up. It plays a lot like Oblivion (except for VATS) but it's still familiar to the Fallout games (except for gameplay of course) with SPECIAL, perks, and references to the earlier Fallouts.
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#35 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts
Best RPG ever made.Dawq902
TVC93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TVC93
Member since 2008 • 107 Posts
2nd best RPG ever after Oblivion :)
wtfandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 wtfandyk
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts
It is def on of the best games in awhile and one of the best RPGs to date. I dont think that I would call it the best RPG ever, it is laking things expecially when compared to Oblivion.
Pinguin14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pinguin14
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
fallout 3 = best game to date for the 360. except oblivion of course.
RyanJ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RyanJ71
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
I loved it, can't get enough of it, just wish there was more to explore and more to do. Played Anchorage, can't wait till Pitt.
bclagrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 bclagrange
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts
I tried to get into i just couldnt. Obilivon was alot better for me. I didnt like the inventory system like oblivion and i felt all i did was walk around. Please make a sequel to oblivion next and not another boring fallout
bprincess29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bprincess29
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
made me believe in Wrpgs...as weird as it sounds, Fallout 3 made me buy Oblivion, just because I know they are bought in the same genre
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Fallout 3 is a great FPS game, but it fails as an RPG