Thinkin Of Converting :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrRaziel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrRaziel11
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

Well i own a ps3 now & amkinda satisfied and all....but i was thinkin of changin to xbox......i was wondering if someone could explain the system capibilities and what not to me (RROD has me worried thou)....thanks in advance....Please no trollin or system wars

-Edit by Gamecamiller, Sorry, but this thread doesn't belong here, this is better suited for system wars forum.

Warlord20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Warlord20
Member since 2006 • 2855 Posts

Yes...come over to the dark side. :)

I will let someone else explain its capabilities as i dont go on the net with it or anything. Just game or watch movies.

Naruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Naruto
Member since 2002 • 8673 Posts
Don't be too afraid of RROD, it does not happen to everybody.
MrRaziel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrRaziel11
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

ok i value ur input....ive had my ps3 since august 08....everything fine on it...but what kinda warranty is offered on it....and whats is the best brand.....what kinda movie and music formats can be used??? does it have internet browser on it??? and how exactly do these memberships work??? gold and silver...thanks for ur patience in answerin my questions :)

Avatar image for Co0kieMonsterxX
Co0kieMonsterxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Co0kieMonsterxX
Member since 2008 • 717 Posts

Ps3 and xbox offer basically offer the same thing there is really no point to switch.

Alfarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alfarock
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

Newer 360s have better processors?? i thought they tend not to get RROD.

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tbone81889
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

Warranty: 1 year warranty, just like with any system. There are some exceptions though. There is a three year warranty with the RROD, so you wont have to worry if it ever happens to you. They will replace it for free and ship you the box. Also, if this ever happens you can ask for them to compensate you in some way shape or form. They will not mind giving you a free game, controller, accessorites, ect.

Movies: Only DVD format, no Blue Ray. This really isn't an issue though, if you plan to keep your PS3.

Online: Gold Membership: A monthly fee to play unlimitedly online with other individuals. $7. Or you can buy a 13 month package for only $50 if I'm not mistaken. Also allows you to streammovies for freethrough your XBox if you havea Netflix membership.

Silver Membership: No monthly fee. Gives you access to downloadable content, such as movies, tv shows, music, add-ons, ect. No multiplayer cababilities unless you play MMO's. If you only play MMOs then you subscribe to the games servers, not XBox live.

Hope this helps.

My question for you is what is your main reason for deciding to switch?

Wirrexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wirrexx
Member since 2003 • 1738 Posts

i own both mate. And i can tell you that the only thing in my mind that 360 has over PS3 is the DLC.

For Fallout, GTA and many other games.

It's cool and some of them are really good.

The rest is up 2 you!

Gears or uncharted

MGS or Splinter Cell Conv.

Halo or KZ

Forza or GT

DUal Shock or Controller S.

Bluray or DVD? (well duh bluray, but if its not needed than its not).

Dont worry about RRoD, it's the games you play and if the console dies, it doesnt mean that you'll never get one.

Hopefully this answer helped.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

DO NOT SWITCH unless you want to waste your money. it isn't worth it, plus ps3 has a better line-up of exclusives.SF_KiLLaMaN

you actually take the time to get on the xbox forum just to post that trash?..way to dumb down gamespot

ieatnoobs18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ieatnoobs18
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]DO NOT SWITCH unless you want to waste your money. it isn't worth it, plus ps3 has a better line-up of exclusives.BLAS1AN

you actually take the time to get on the xbox forum just to post that trash?..way to dumb down gamespot

Only reason i go the 360 is its cheaper, and all my friends have it. I really dont think its worth it to go out and spend 200 plus dollars on an xbox if you already have a ps3.

3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 3kratos3
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Unless you are dying to play Gears 1 & 2 or halo or other 360 exclusives i wouldn't spend the money. ANd if you do get one that is awesome and you don't have to worry about the RROD. It dosen't happen to a high percentage of people.

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
I am thinking of making the switch from 360 to PS3. How about we trade systems? My 360 works fine and I have Fallout 3, Halo 3, COD4, BioShock, Street Fighter 4.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]DO NOT SWITCH unless you want to waste your money. it isn't worth it, plus ps3 has a better line-up of exclusives.ieatnoobs18

Only reason i go the 360 is its cheaper, and all my friends have it. I really dont think its worth it to go out and spend 200 plus dollars on an xbox if you already have a ps3.

selling his Ps3 and using the money to get a 360 is not really a waste of money. XBOX offers the best online gaming experience out of the 3 consoles. I think your game preference should be the deciding factor anyway and not the hardware.

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dirtydishko2
How on earth is Xbox Live( which you pay $50 per year for as opposed to the free PSNetwork, which forces you to buy things using the bogus MS Points system which essentially forces you to spend more money than you need to in order to get whatever you want) better than PSNetwork?
DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

My second xbox died over the weekend. If Gears of War was on PS3, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

If you are a PS3 owner, I'd say forget about the xbox. You are not missing a whole lot.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
lmao, funny how TC doesn't want trolling and over half of the posts are just that. The system capabilities are similar to PS3 just a different GPU (or CPU I can't remember :P) that all cows know the name of, you can now install games to your 360 with a much less chance of getting RROD. Depending on how many games you want I'd recommend elite if you want to save a bunch of stuff to harddrive (games, movies, etc.) or pro if just wanting to install some games and play 360 exclusives. Of course you're third option is arcade if you wanna go that way as well.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
RRoD is no big deal unless a few weeks without your game system is something horrible for you. As for the capabilities and reasons to make a purchase, ever heard of research? Its a thing people do to help them make decisions, go ahead and try it.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
How on earth is Xbox Live( which you pay $50 per year for as opposed to the free PSNetwork, which forces you to buy things using the bogus MS Points system which essentially forces you to spend more money than you need to in order to get whatever you want) better than PSNetwork?dirtydishko2
DLC and Arcade, as well as a larger community, more games that use the service (simply due to the larger library of games), and other little quirks and features.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BLAS1AN

How on earth is Xbox Live( which you pay $50 per year for as opposed to the free PSNetwork, which forces you to buy things using the bogus MS Points system which essentially forces you to spend more money than you need to in order to get whatever you want) better than PSNetwork?dirtydishko2

paying $50 for 13 months of online service that gets updated and maintenanced daily for optimum gaming doesnt make me feel ripped off.

check out below what the PS3 fanboys are complaining about with there "free" service

http://theplaystationshow.ning.com/forum/topics/the-real-problem-with-psn

sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

Well i own a ps3 now & amkinda satisfied and all....but i was thinkin of changin to xbox......i was wondering if someone could explain the system capibilities and what not to me (RROD has me worried thou)....thanks in advance....Please no trollin or system wars

MrRaziel11
Don't abandon your PS3, but if you like the 360 line-up, then add one to your collection.
dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dirtydishko2

[QUOTE="dirtydishko2"]How on earth is Xbox Live( which you pay $50 per year for as opposed to the free PSNetwork, which forces you to buy things using the bogus MS Points system which essentially forces you to spend more money than you need to in order to get whatever you want) better than PSNetwork?BLAS1AN

paying $50 for 13 months of online service that gets updated and maintenanced daily for optimum gaming doesnt make me feel ripped off.

check out below what the PS3 fanboys are complaining about with there "free" service

http://theplaystationshow.ning.com/forum/topics/the-real-problem-with-psn

These guys' main gripe seems to be that PSNetwork has no option for in game private chat. So what...? Is in game-private chat and video chat really worth $50 a year? I personally don't think so. As I have never needed or wanted to use either of these services. I can put a webcam on my computer if I want to do video chat. My point is that on PSNetwork I can still download original PS2 and PS1 games, arcade games, demos, trailers, etc. and I can still play multiplayer games online without the least bit of hassle. I know this should be in the system wars forum, but, whatever. Also, at least Sony is trying something new with its' Home feature instead of just ripping off other companies inteface ideas like Microsoft did by jacking Apples iTunes album cover feature and COMPLETELY stealing the entire Nintendo Mii feature.
tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tbone81889
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

RRoD is no big deal unless a few weeks without your game system is something horrible for you. As for the capabilities and reasons to make a purchase, ever heard of research? Its a thing people do to help them make decisions, go ahead and try it.tktomo01

Lol, I actually enjoyed my time off when my 360 was in the shop. Gave me some free-time to pursue other interests. Also led me to cancel my gold membership, because of those other interests.

Avatar image for rougewarrior198
rougewarrior198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 rougewarrior198
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts

I have both systems, and I like them both. I have had 2 360s break, and one PS3. I like my ps3 only for the exclusive games, but I buy every multiplatform game on the 360. I dont care what anyone says either, I like Live over psn anyday of the week. One example is that I cannot private chat with a friend while playing a different game on psn. I can party chat with 8 friends, I have netflix, people actually use mics, most games have a party system. KZ2 does not have a party system because sony makes the developers implement it in there own game. MS does that for the developers. I would say keep your ps3, and get a 360 too. Just dont get a wii.

Avatar image for rougewarrior198
rougewarrior198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 rougewarrior198
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts

Sorry to double post. When you are talking about MS stealing alot of ideas, dont forget Sony is bot innocent. The wii announced motion controls, and then the PS3 did a whilelater. I heard PSN might have netflix, I guess they are copying MS then. In the videogame business everyone copies of each other. If you have played games for a long time you would know that. Both systems are awesome, and if you can afford both you would be stupid not to.

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dirtydishko2

I have both systems, and I like them both. I have had 2 360s break, and one PS3. I like my ps3 only for the exclusive games, but I buy every multiplatform game on the 360. I dont care what anyone says either, I like Live over psn anyday of the week. One example is that I cannot private chat with a friend while playing a different game on psn. I can party chat with 8 friends, I have netflix, people actually use mics, most games have a party system. KZ2 does not have a party system because sony makes the developers implement it in there own game. MS does that for the developers. I would say keep your ps3, and get a 360 too. Just dont get a wii.

rougewarrior198
I will admit that the streaming-Netflix feature is one of (the only?) things Live has going for it over the PSN. But, on the other hand, they do make relatively cheap stand alone Netflix-streaming devices that don't require the $50 yearly Live fee.
mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

No real reason to switch if you already own a PS3.The main reason why I own a 360 is that it was much cheaper, and that doesn't matter since you already have a PS3. There's maybe 3 or 4 good exclusives that would be worth playing right now, and 1 or 2 on the way. If you really want to play any of those, then I guess go for it.

alexbaricco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 alexbaricco
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts
If you're a big fan of GTA or Fallout, I don't see how you can afford to miss out on owning an Xbox because of the DLC. Just as no MGS fan should go without a PS3.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
Stick with the PS3. You got Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and the upcoming 256 player MMO MAG. I've been contemplating thinking of buying a PS3 just for those games.
thepoop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thepoop7
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
Its what you want , don't come here looking for the answer. All your going to get out of these kids are fanboyish views on what system is better.
lawlnametaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lawlnametaken
Member since 2009 • 349 Posts

why don't you guys just get a ps3 or 360 ro whatever and KEEP your old system.

if its to expensive save a little more

armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

i would have to say first you should keep the ps3 anyway but yes get a 360 its amazing and i love mine. i have had mine for well over a year now and not RROD'd or had any hitch of any kind really (knock on wood) and i love the games and live experience is by far the greatest of this generation of consoles so id say go for it, but i would keep the ps3 if i were you God of WarIII comes out this year, that and bluray is sweet lol

Avatar image for I_haf_a_360_LOL
I_haf_a_360_LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 I_haf_a_360_LOL
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="I_haf_a_360_LOL"]I have the same problem. What I have done so far is buy a new plug and play, which didn't solve it. Then I exchanged the controller for another one, which didn't solve it. So then, sigh, I exchanged the 120g 360 Elite for another one (the first Elite was also crashing), which didn't solve the problem. However there is some good (more like rofltastic) news, before I updated the OS to "the new XBL experience" the black controller was charing correctly. I honestly do not understand what this means techinically. But I can be certain now that MS and the 360 is an effing joke. No I am not a PS3 fanboi, I did however unsuccessfully try to exchange the 360 for a PS3 though (haha). Why the change of heart? Because this Elite is the fifth 360 I have had. The first two rrod'd. The third refurbished one they sent me has a defective optical drive which when I pointed this out they said I could pay them to fix it (whadafak!11!). So I stopped playing My 360 and went back to just using a PC. At Chirtmas I received an Elite as a gift. Lo and behold it breaks 5 months later. Needless to say this experience, as well as the one with the loltastic lag on the XBL network, has me advocating the PS3 without even having played one. Five Xboxs, five. If you or anyone you know is looking to buy a console, tell them to buy a PS3. Online play is free and far less laggy so I understand. An easy thing to believe when playing one of the 360's premiere shooters, GoW2, is by far the laggest game I have ever played. In between host advantage, poor networking, the ability for individuals to intentionally lag everyone else but themselves, and its easily manipulated ranking system makes it by far the biggest failre of a major online shooter I've seen in 7 years. The weird thing is, there was, and is less lag in the first Gears. Anyhow, I'm just pissed I haven't been able to use a 360 that works as advertised and needed to rant about how messed up this whole thing has been. Oh, and MS supports solution to this was for me to ship them, at my cost, my Elite. I would also like to add that the Elite I got from the exchange at EB games is a Falcon and not a Jaspser chipset. Even more pitiful is that its manufacture date is 2008-08-06.

Stick with your PS3.