Things have gone quiet around here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Where have all the xbots gone? I remember this forum used to be packed and had constant traffic. Don't tell me you've all moved to the dark side.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Sorry to tell you but yes, I moved to the dark side, got PS4 even though I spend most of my time playing in my 360. Halo and Gears on line can be more addicting than Killzone ( even though I like that game ) . It's just that there isn't much to talk about, I'm just waiting for at having Halo and Gears new games to get me a X1, Halo MCC doesn't really interest me and I still got a shitload of games to play ( just purchased Castlevania 1 and 2 for Xbox ) , they wre on Halloween sale and ... Well, ya know, the never ending story, too good a deal to pass.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

We're busy playing all the new Xbox One games that are coming out now. It's been a slow first year, as it always is for new consoles, but now it's getting good.

Madara_Sennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Madara_Sennin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@busterfriendly: i second this

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PS4hasNOgames

@raugutcon said:

Sorry to tell you but yes, I moved to the dark side, got PS4 even though I spend most of my time playing in my 360. Halo and Gears on line can be more addicting than Killzone ( even though I like that game ) . It's just that there isn't much to talk about, I'm just waiting for at having Halo and Gears new games to get me a X1, Halo MCC doesn't really interest me and I still got a shitload of games to play ( just purchased Castlevania 1 and 2 for Xbox ) , they wre on Halloween sale and ... Well, ya know, the never ending story, too good a deal to pass.

you'll be back, they'll all be back.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: never left it's just a temporary thing.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#7 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

We are still here, and now would be a good time to get a moving community, a bunch of great online experiences on the Xbox One

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm still here but iv'e been busy playing some top notch games for the XB1.

I'm getting MCC and Unity next week and I'm getting FC4 on the 18th.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It's got very little to do with the dark side to be honest, and more of the fact that no one liked gamespots new layout and change. Most people have left the site for that very reason, and the Xbox section is not the only one that's gone quiet.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

It's got very little to do with the dark side to be honest, and more of the fact that no one liked gamespots new layout and change. Most people have left the site for that very reason, and the Xbox section is not the only one that's gone quiet.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

How about this, what could be done on this board to get people posting here more frequently?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I don't think it's been dead, actually this is the most lively the board has been in a while.

And if it has been a little quiet, it's because Sunset Overdrive and COD just came out. And Halo MCC comes out next week.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattleSpectre
@Ovirew said:

I don't think it's been dead, actually this is the most lively the board has been in a while.

And if it has been a little quiet, it's because Sunset Overdrive and COD just came out. And Halo MCC comes out next week.

You haven't been around for long have you lol. The Xbox section is quite literally dead compared to how it used to be, about a year or so ago you couldn't keep up with topics there were that many and people were posting all the time.

If you start a thread now it takes hours to get a response - and that's IF you get a response from anyone at all, not only that but the average posts in a thread are like 5-10 with the odd one being over 20. Back in the day every thread in the Xbox section had like over 50 posts. Like I said ever since the new layout most have left Gamespot and it's definitely shown.

@Garfield360UK said:

How about this, what could be done on this board to get people posting here more frequently?

Bring back the old Gamespot layout lol, that's the only way to bring everyone back.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 garfield360uk

@BattleSpectre:

I can not act on this, but if you go to the feedback board and make suggestions for a whole site view, then maybe things could change. The staff are looking for suggestions and there is a thread for general feedback.

However, I am also curious if there is anything we can do to get this board get more activity. I am open to suggestion and can help out if there are things the board wants that is currently not being fulfilled. Obviously this would not entail changing Gamespot terms and conditions or rules, but if there are other things this board needs, then I am open to ideas and will float it with other moderators if it requires a multi mod approach.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

I think all the great games out are keeping them real busy.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

it's a bit rough here ain't ain't it

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PS4hasNOgames

@Garfield360UK said:

@BattleSpectre:

I can not act on this, but if you go to the feedback board and make suggestions for a whole site view, then maybe things could change. The staff are looking for suggestions and there is a thread for general feedback.

However, I am also curious if there is anything we can do to get this board get more activity. I am open to suggestion and can help out if there are things the board wants that is currently not being fulfilled. Obviously this would not entail changing Gamespot terms and conditions or rules, but if there are other things this board needs, then I am open to ideas and will float it with other moderators if it requires a multi mod approach.

you should make it more social, like make a gaming night where everyone has a tournament. people are like strangers around here. and get rid of system wars, all it ever does is promote negativity and nastiness.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattleSpectre

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Garfield360UK said:

@BattleSpectre:

you should make it more social, like make a gaming night where everyone has a tournament. people are like strangers around here. and get rid of system wars, all it ever does is promote negativity and nastiness.

Yeah seriously **** System Wars. I'm sick of all those keyboard warriors and elitists defending a piece of plastic like it's their own life.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PS4hasNOgames

@BattleSpectre said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Garfield360UK said:

@BattleSpectre:

Yeah seriously **** System Wars. I'm sick of all those keyboard warriors and elitists defending a piece of plastic like it's their own life.

seriously, even though we all been guilty of it. I'm done with that shit. All people ever do there is try to take away your fun and happiness, it makes me hate gaming.

**** that shit.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattleSpectre

@ps4hasnogames said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Garfield360UK said:

@BattleSpectre:

seriously, even though we all been guilty of it. I'm done with that shit. All people ever do there is try to take away your fun and happiness, it makes me hate gaming.

**** that shit.

PC elitists are the fucking worst in my opinion, they make my blood boil. In every thread "PC can do this, consoles can't". Like seriously we don't give a shit, some of us prefer gaming on a console like myself even though I do own a gaming PC. (I prefer the exclusives on consoles too) but yeah I wish they got rid of System Wars, gaming seems to be the only community where everyone hates on each other.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 garfield360uk

Guys, calm it with the language please, I understand the frustration but this site is read by all sorts of people so lets keep the talk civil.

I can take the idea for a game night on board, if one of you wants to start a thread about it I can push it forwards such as making it a pinned thread. Be aware that you will need to be open at first with times and dates and look around for a time that suites most people potentially, maybe with a second session for those unable to attend the primary one (such as people like me in the UK who wont be able to game at 9pm US time as that would be 5am in the morning here).

As for System Wars, I can not make comments on that I am afraid. That is something you may want to consider bringing up on the Feedback board, but I do not see System Wars going away in the short term. Perhaps a suggestion for rule changes could be more effective if you feel there are ways it could be improved rather than just remove it.

I am open to other suggestions specifically to this board, I can not influence Gamespot technical decisions or the like as I am not staff here, but I can try and help as a moderator to promote this board and help regular people here to push ideas to get activity up. Lets try and work on ideas together and we can see what happens, obviously I can not say we will have 100% success, but if people are willing to walk the walk when they talk the talk, I can see things getting better.