The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned or Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot? ***Poll***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Which one do you like better and why?
The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned or Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot?

I haven't got either one yet and soo far the only one that appeals to me is The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, but I am just wondering what everyone thinks about both of these DLCs.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

I just got Mad Moxxi's Underdome and man... Its tough. And oh so much fun. I highly recommend it. Zombie Island was fun, but these arena fights are seriously tough and fun.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Zombie Island was short but pretty fun up until I had to collect the Brains (its optional but I like completion to be 100%)

Underdome is fun for the first couple of rounds then it just become VERY repetitive. No new enemies, no real story from what I can tell, you get 1 mission which is just to complete 5 rounds on each of the 3 domes (75 waves all together) After that the only thing that unlocks are large challenges with 100 waves per dome. By round 14 my friends and I were bored out of our minds (same thing over and over). Really the best part of Underdome is the the storage system they added. Can't even get any weapons from the bosses. :( (will still complete it 100% just not soon lol).

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghstbstr
bump....
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghstbstr
bump again...
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
I downlaoded both but I have yet to try them out..
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I downlaoded both but I have yet to try them out..NintendoGamer3
I hate how I can never find anyone with the zombie DLC. I've played a bit of it but no one ever joins so it gets dull. I still have to buy Mad Moxxi but I'm getting it tonight so I'll edit this when I get to play it.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
[QUOTE="NintendoGamer3"]I downlaoded both but I have yet to try them out..craigalan23
I hate how I can never find anyone with the zombie DLC. I've played a bit of it but no one ever joins so it gets dull. I still have to buy Mad Moxxi but I'm getting it tonight so I'll edit this when I get to play it.

I'll play with you, whats your GT?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="NintendoGamer3"]I downlaoded both but I have yet to try them out..NintendoGamer3

I'll play with you, whats your GT?

craigalan1990 is my gamertag and sure thing. I've been itching to kill some zombies.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#11 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
[QUOTE="NintendoGamer3"]I downlaoded both but I have yet to try them out..craigalan23

I'll get the zombie DLC after I complate most everything in the core game.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="NintendoGamer3"]I downlaoded both but I have yet to try them out..vashkey

I'll get the zombie DLC after I complate most everything in the core game.

I beat just about everything except for finding all of the claptraps and I'm not very far in the Zombie DLC so we should play it sometime.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

. Can't even get any weapons from the bosses. :( (will still complete it 100% just not soon lol).

dlindenb2000

What do you mean? Are you talking about their unique weapons or just weapons in general? After each round a bunch of guns spawn in the map. Normally just Greens and Blues, but I just finished one of the 20 round maps with my friends and we got 5 orange weapons during the time.

I know at the end of each round you get weapons (I got a nice SMG with infinite ammo off of the end of a round) its just that it would have been cool if you could pick up the bosses weapons (provided they were higher level than they were when you fought them a second time in playhthrough 2) as well.

xxmarksm3nxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xxmarksm3nxx
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts
zombie island was fun and short. at least mad moxxi has some replay value in it granted it is the same thing over and over again i still have fun with it.
Snrm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Snrm007
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts
i like the mad moxxi one better i really dont know why
x-chump-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 x-chump-x
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts
I might get Mad Moxxi if they put Achievements in it :P I thought the Zombie DLC had really creative Achievements, as well as Borderlands in general.
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DamianAlexander

I might get Mad Moxxi if they put Achievements in it :P I thought the Zombie DLC had really creative Achievements, as well as Borderlands in general.x-chump-x

They did put achievements on it...

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

I just got Zombie Island, and my question is this, what exactly entails Mad Moxxi's? From the description all I got was an online coliseum like deal and then a place to stash. That doesn't warrant another 10 bucks for me. But am I missing the point? Is it another expansion with missions and what not?

x-chump-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 x-chump-x

[QUOTE="x-chump-x"]I might get Mad Moxxi if they put Achievements in it :P I thought the Zombie DLC had really creative Achievements, as well as Borderlands in general.DamianAlexander

Really? Hmm..I must have not seen it, I don't think they show up for me since I don't have it downloaded.
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

[QUOTE="x-chump-x"]I might get Mad Moxxi if they put Achievements in it :P I thought the Zombie DLC had really creative Achievements, as well as Borderlands in general.x-chump-x

Really? Hmm..I must have not seen it, I don't think they show up for me since I don't have it downloaded.

You don't have to own it in order for the achievements to pop up. Just put the game in and they should be in your Achievement history.

x-chump-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 x-chump-x

[QUOTE="x-chump-x"][QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

DamianAlexander

You don't have to own it in order for the achievements to pop up. Just put the game in and they should be in your Achievement history.

Oh OH i see them now, so it's 125 and 125, i guess there won't be anymore DLC, but I don't know..Halo 3 is up to 1750 and Fallout is around 1500.
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

[QUOTE="x-chump-x"] Really? Hmm..I must have not seen it, I don't think they show up for me since I don't have it downloaded.x-chump-x

Oh OH i see them now, so it's 125 and 125, i guess there won't be anymore DLC, but I don't know..Halo 3 is up to 1750 and Fallout is around 1500.

There better be more DLC, Fallout 3 has had 5 all with higher than 1250 Achievement score counts and Borderlands should be no different.