The witcher 2 is beautiful

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Hey guys,

I just started playing the witcher 2 and it looks amazing. The only thing I would say is that the mechanics, movements, fighting looks and feels different than your normal console RPG. I guess its because the probably imported it from the PC.

Anyhow, I'm at the prologue and I'm enjoying it thusfar, (playing on normal) it's actually a very difficult game, you die alot and the mechanics for potions,armour, quick menus and all are a bit overwhelming to be honest.

Can you guys tell me If I should know any specifics, or details before continuing. You know, the basic do's and dont's.

Any experiences you guys want to share?

pawq4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pawq4
Member since 2013 • 448 Posts

I forget how TW2 works exactly but you need to dodge a lot, and make potions and drink them before big fights. Honestly I play on PC so I just give myself infinite health and such for RPGs like the Witcher. I don't like getting frustrated because I can't figure out how to beat a certain boss, or having to grind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
It is a great rpg game no doubt about it. I too was overwhelmed by the inventory and crafting. Save regularly is the best advice I can give you because I had to repeat hours over because I did not save. Never beat the game it was too overwhelming in general
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Dodge, make use of spells, probably a good idea to focus on one path when you level up, maybe taking a bonus for your defensive magic if you weren't taking magic abilities. The game gets a lot easier as it goes on if I remember right. There shouldn't be anything overwhelming about it
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Dodge, make use of spells, probably a good idea to focus on one path when you level up, maybe taking a bonus for your defensive magic if you weren't taking magic abilities. The game gets a lot easier as it goes on if I remember right. There shouldn't be anything overwhelming about itLegolas_Katarn
The game is only tricky until you upgrade your roll move OP. After that just roll and don't let people get behind you and you'll be fine. Also don't waste all your magic in the beginning of the fight, space it out.
shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Thanks alot guys!